Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Gooooooooooooooooooo Vikes!

Greetings fellow Vikings fans! Glad to be a part of this community.

I'm a long suffering (aren't we all?) Vikings fan who has just recently moved to the Twin Cities area. I grew up in Iowa and became a Vikes fan because the CBS-affliate outta Des Moines showed them every Sunday. In 1986, I headed off to college in Massachusetts and have since followed the Vikes from afar - first there, then in NYC for 5 years and finally in Virginia for 10. The last 5 years I lived just a couple minutes down the road from Redskins Park in Ashburn, VA. That was cool from a "football Jones" standpoint, but not all that great from a "fan of any team but the Redskins" viewpoint. I did get a Fred Smoot 'Skins jersey for half-price last year after he joined the Vikes, so it wasn't all bad, I suppose.

My first Vikings game in person was in Philadelphia back in 1992 where they lost to the Iggles 28-17. Probably better for me that they did lose, as that place is a zoo.

My 2nd game in person was a Vikings victory over the Bills in Buffalo in 1994, a Vikings victory which was highlighted by seats on the Sunny side of Rich Stadium (in December, that means something!).

My 3rd game was at PSI.net (now Ravens) stadium in 1998 during the glorious 15-1 season (SCREW YOU PAT SUMMERALL!!!) where the Vikes kicked the crap outta the Ravens. That game was notable because the Vikes were down early on 2 kick-off returns for TDs, one of which was answered by a David Palmer return for TD on the ensuing kick-off, all in the first quarter.

The first game I attended at the Dome was the 2001 season opener against the Panthers. My wife hooked us up with the tickets through a friend she had who was a Vikes cheerleader and we flew out for the game to celebrate our anniversary. Notable that day was that the Vikes lost to the Panthers (only victory for them the whole year!) and that the cheerleaders totally forgot to bring the banner up to our seats that my wife had made-up to celebrate our anniversary. Not the best trip in our lives. And a bit sobering because the date was 9/9/01. Two days later I was evacuating my place of work because it was located less than 5 miles from Dulles Airport. Yikes.

After we moved out here in November last year (2005), I managed to attend the last 4 home games of the year, going 3-1. However, after we bought our house, the Vikes went on their 7-2 tear, so I've chosen to take as much credit for that finish as some give to Brittle Brad. Oh - and you can thank me for bringing the mild winter from VA, too.

I've already lined up a season ticket (via my uncle) for next season and I've ordered my tickets for the draft party on the 29th.

That's about that for now!

SKOL VIKINGS!
    =Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

vikingTurf Guest

Re: Gooooooooooooooooooo Vikes!

Welcome on board

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

AWZeus, welcome to the site, Ultra will be around with a beer for you soon........Enjoy

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Welcome to PP.O, you shall soon become addicted, enjoy the site.

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

Welcome

Thanks PurpleMafia

Welcome!

SKOL VIKES!
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

Welcome Aboard.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Great read man... Welcome to this great site known as PP.O. It is nice to hear the stories of other diehard Vikes fans. You are lucky to live in Minny now and attend all the home games. I get up to the Dome atleast 1 time a year, I will take that with a smile on my face. Post often, and enjoy your stay here..

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Welcome to the sit emy friend!

Note to new members...that was an intro!

Skol!

BIGDADDYG is offline Pro-Bowler

WELCOME & ENJOY!!! SKOL!!! ccasion5: :headbang:

Like my POPEYE Tattoo says " I
    Y AM
    WHAT
    I
    Y AM "

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast