Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35
  1. #21
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Fresh blood has stepped aboard the longship....

    If Daunte is traded, will he pull a Randy Moss, pull a Randy Moss?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  2. #22
    romanswinter's Avatar
    romanswinter is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16

    Re: Fresh blood has stepped aboard the longship....

    To those who mention the first season, and about the success of going 11-5... might i ask you how the season ended? I believe it was a 41-0 loss to the Giants. You see how many points we scored? ZERO.... GOOSE EGG.... NIL.... talk all you want about 11 wins, but the vikes acomplished little more that season then any one of the other 30 teams that didnt go to the superbowl. And as far as Kerry Collins goes... well I am not going to sit here and make excuses. The only thing I can say maybe is that I know for 1 Randy was hurt most the season and wasnt 100%, and secondly, the play calling of Norv Turner was very questionable. For someone with prolific WRs like he had, he sure ran the ball an aweful lot. I certainly respect everyone's opinion, we all see things differently. But you have to kind of see the writing on the wall. Usually this much hype and talk does not go on about a player / situation unless its actually going to happen. I tried not to believe it before, when Randy was traded. The Vikes denied it, Randy denied it... but the media and "sources" kept talking about it, and they were right in the end. I hope we get something decent for Daunte, he can certainly excite the fans when he is on his game, but I dont ever see him being a "winner". A straight up trade Culpepper for Bulger to St Louis would make me happy. DC will be back with Linehan, and we will get a patient QB with solid tools, and less mistake prone. My two cents... ill continue this topic from now in the main board threads...
    Reporter: How do you plan on paying for the fine?
    Randy Moss: Straight cash homie!

  3. #23
    eclipse_2303 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    154

    Re: Fresh blood has stepped aboard the longship....

    Bulger? What has Bulger ever won? What has Kerry Collins ever won? Last time I checked BRAD JOHNSON has a superbowl ring and is a good replacement for this year atleast if daunte goes which he wont. Why would St louis trade bulger for culpepper straight up anyway, bulger is not good he makes bad decisions and is a product of Mike Martz's offensive gameplan just like Kurt Warner was.

  4. #24
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Fresh blood has stepped aboard the longship....

    "romanswinter" wrote:
    To those who mention the first season, and about the success of going 11-5... might i ask you how the season ended? I believe it was a 41-0 loss to the Giants. You see how many points we scored? ZERO.... GOOSE EGG.... NIL.... talk all you want about 11 wins, but the vikes acomplished little more that season then any one of the other 30 teams that didnt go to the superbowl. And as far as Kerry Collins goes... well I am not going to sit here and make excuses. The only thing I can say maybe is that I know for 1 Randy was hurt most the season and wasnt 100%, and secondly, the play calling of Norv Turner was very questionable. For someone with prolific WRs like he had, he sure ran the ball an aweful lot. I certainly respect everyone's opinion, we all see things differently. But you have to kind of see the writing on the wall. Usually this much hype and talk does not go on about a player / situation unless its actually going to happen. I tried not to believe it before, when Randy was traded. The Vikes denied it, Randy denied it... but the media and "sources" kept talking about it, and they were right in the end. I hope we get something decent for Daunte, he can certainly excite the fans when he is on his game, but I dont ever see him being a "winner". A straight up trade Culpepper for Bulger to St Louis would make me happy. DC will be back with Linehan, and we will get a patient QB with solid tools, and less mistake prone. My two cents... ill continue this topic from now in the main board threads...
    Kerry Collins sucks big balls, and is the sole reason why moss got hurt in the first place..if he had a clue on earth how to throw the ball to him, randy wouldve had another unbelievable season..but since he was over and underthrown, and led straight into the opposing teams safeties, he got beaten up all game..moss would run fly routes, and collins would throw the ball to the middle of the field like it was a post route..collins ruined moss's season by not being able to see him on the field, and making absolutely disgraceful throws to him when he did find him
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  5. #25
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Fresh blood has stepped aboard the longship....

    "romanswinter" wrote:
    ^^^^^^^
    I have bee calling for his head since the moment he took the field and RUSHED for 3 TDs passed for 0 in his first game as viking starting QB. Along with Cris Carter at the time, I too wish they would have kept Jeff George believe it or not. When the Vikes signed him to a 10yr deal not to long ago, i sighed and said "well there goes a decade where I know the vikes will never win". It's just my opinion. I hope they trade him, and I dont care about drafting one of the big star rookie QBs. Honestly, I would love to get Chad Pennington in the purple in gold. Trade back for moss and reunite the Marshal Boys Then we have a Superbowl chance
    do you even watch football? becuz if you did, then you would see that the jets have been using 3rd and 4th string QBs for much of the past 3 seasons since pennington cant stay on the field for more than 5 mins..id just love to have pennington here, if our backup was daunte, because that would mean daunte would be in there for every game..marc bulger also missed half of last season..are you just trying to find every QB that missed as much time as daunte last year, and trying to create some kind of fantasy deal in ur head that would get us one of those guys? ur a goof man
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  6. #26
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Fresh blood has stepped aboard the longship....

    "romanswinter" wrote:
    To those who mention the first season, and about the success of going 11-5... might i ask you how the season ended? I believe it was a 41-0 loss to the Giants. You see how many points we scored? ZERO.... GOOSE EGG.... NIL.... talk all you want about 11 wins, but the vikes acomplished little more that season then any one of the other 30 teams that didnt go to the superbowl.
    I just laugh & roll my eyes when people say a team that makes it to the Championship games, accomplished little more than teams that won less than 5 games all season.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #27
    C-PepNSalt is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    335

    Re: Fresh blood has stepped aboard the longship....

    They only did accomplish a little more than teams who only won 5 games. Unless you make it to the big dance, you didn't accomplish what you set out to do, unless you designated the year(s) to re-building, like the packers will need to do for the next 5 years!
    "Johnson, we will keep on beating them until morale improves."

  8. #28
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Fresh blood has stepped aboard the longship....

    "C-PepNSalt" wrote:
    They only did accomplish a little more than teams who only won 5 games. Unless you make it to the big dance, you didn't accomplish what you set out to do, unless you designated the year(s) to re-building, like the packers will need to do for the next 5 years!
    That isn't true at all. Making the playoffs is accomplishing something in a season. Making it to the Championship game is an accomplishment. Making it to the Super Bowl is an accomplishment, and winning the superbowl is the ultimate accomplishment for a season.

    The whole "second place is the first loser" mentality only applies to high school sports, and then only marginally. Having a successful season builds your fan base, increasing revenue. More revenue, as well as a strong fan base, not to mention the potential of moe successful seasons attracts better players, better coaches.

    I bet if we make it to the championship game this year, we will have a better chance of breaking ground ona new stadium than we will if we only go 5-11.

    Think about the big picture.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #29
    mr.woo's Avatar
    mr.woo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,213

    Re: Fresh blood has stepped aboard the longship....

    welcome romans and great first post and i glad someone had the writing ability to say wat ive been feeling about daunte all along. yeterday i was talking to my friend(yes i have friends) and hes an avid bengal fan. i was telling him that daunte lost us at least 3 games by himself because of interceptions. heck he didnt evan have his first touchdown pass of the season until week 3. does that sound like a good franchise qb? hell no we need to get rid of him and move on so that we can totaly reshape this team into a ball control defense minded team.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

  10. #30
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Fresh blood has stepped aboard the longship....

    "mr.woo" wrote:
    welcome romans and great first post and i glad someone had the writing ability to say wat ive been feeling about daunte all along. yeterday i was talking to my friend(yes i have friends) and hes an avid bengal fan. i was telling him that daunte lost us at least 3 games by himself because of interceptions. heck he didnt evan have his first touchdown pass of the season until week 3. does that sound like a good franchise qb? hell no we need to get rid of him and move on so that we can totaly reshape this team into a ball control defense minded team.
    In 2004, he threw 39, 2003 he threw 25.

    Yeah, lets get rid of him because he had a bad year.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hi! New member aboard
    By Hinkle in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-04-2009, 10:45 PM
  2. Yo Cajun! Our Guy Stepped On It...
    By PacNWVike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 09:37 AM
  3. Viking Longship to Sail Across North Sea
    By singersp in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 08:36 PM
  4. Coming aboard.
    By Namius in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-04-2006, 09:19 AM
  5. Beggar Aboard!
    By vikoles in forum Tix & Such
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-23-2005, 02:21 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •