Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    281

    Re: Fresh blood has stepped aboard the longship....

    Daunte deserves a chance to prove he can heal and prove he can play even after being weened from Linehan's bosssm. Daunte looked lost last seaon, but he had alot go down at once. No o-line, no RB (as if we have had one for years), Moss gone, Linehan gone, bum knee even before it was tore to shreds. Give him one year to show he has what it takes. He is willing to move his roster bonus. Move it. If he stinks can him before it is time to pay him next year.
    We can solve poverty today.

  2. #12
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,218

    Re: Fresh blood has stepped aboard the longship....

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I have bee calling for his head since the moment he took the field and RUSHED for 3 TDs passed for 0 in his first game as viking starting QB.

    Yep, that was the Chicago season opener. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't we WIN that game, and then go 8-0 to start the season (finished 11-5)? That was also the first year he was named NFC starting QB in the probowl, wasn't it? Nothing like jumping in with both feet on your first post! LOL!

    If you were calling for his head after that season, then you obviously were judging him on something none of the rest of us saw!

    Welcome to PP.O. Looking forward to debating with you for many seasons to come...
    We won the Chicago game 30-27 & went on to beat the Dolphins 13-7 the following week. We finished the season 11-5 & went on to the NFC Championship game.

    :roll: Yep DOOM best sums up his 1st season to me. **sarcasm off**

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #13
    DEVIKINGFAN!'s Avatar
    DEVIKINGFAN! is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    366

    Re: Fresh blood has stepped aboard the longship....

    "romanswinter" wrote:

    Odin send his children a gift, one that rivaled even Thor's hammer... its name was Randy Moss. With the power of Randy Moss, players like Randall Cunningham, who was installing marble kitchen counters could become superhero's again and win Comeback player of the year. Chronic under achiever Jeff George could fulfill his destiny and become a quarterback who throws touchdowns downfield like he was expected to do his whole career, yet always managed to fail.
    Kerry Collins didn't look like a superstar this last season. I think this injury will make DC a better pure QB while still having the threat to run one out.

    Welcome to the site BTW.....

    "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn t thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    65

    Re: Fresh blood has stepped aboard the longship....

    welcome abord!!!
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=102 252940

  5. #15
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Fresh blood has stepped aboard the longship....

    "gregair13" wrote:
    [size=18px]is brad johnson good enough to run the west coast offense? hell no.[/size] who is to say that the next play after DC got hurt, if he didnt get hurt, that that was the play that would turn our 1-3(at the time) season around and we run the board? we gelled at the end of the season because we had more time together. all good teams get better as the season rolls on.
    from what i hear from you, you would want us to trade daunte to one of the top 5 teams so we can draft vince or matt. is that correct? if so, they would sit on the bench for a year behind BJ. and we would be 3-4 years away from being a for real contender. daunte comes back next year, and we look like a threat for the superbowl.
    the year before last when he was in mvp form, where you calling for his head? didnt think so. we all know that he can return to that form and thats why, as it seems, most of us want him back.

    welcome to the site btw.
    Sorry man, LMAO.

    Nothing else just a great big fat LMAO!

  6. #16
    Mr. Purple's Avatar
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,005

    Re: Fresh blood has stepped aboard the longship....

    Hey welcome aboard....But I gotta disagree...if Moss made Daunte....then why didnt Collins have a 39 TD, 4,717 yard season? Moss did help to develope Daunte...but he didnt make him. Daunte put up the numbers he did in 2004 becuz hes a Playmaker. Has one of the best arms in the league and can run around like a TE. I cant wait till he comes back (here or wherever he may be) and proves every single doubter wrong. But welcome to the Forum!

    Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

  7. #17
    mattjenny3's Avatar
    mattjenny3 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    223

    Re: Fresh blood has stepped aboard the longship....

    welcome
    REDHORSE

  8. #18
    wyorob's Avatar
    wyorob is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    198

    Re: Fresh blood has stepped aboard the longship....

    Sorry but I disagree. He fumbles way too much, he accuracy is not great, he can throw deep and he doesnt wait for a play to develop before he runs with it and fumbles, forces an interception or just plain runs out. I like him I thought he was going to be great but face it he's not going to be. I hope to someday in the future to eat my words because I do not want him to fail. Brad johnson came in and you could see the difference in play development. Plus he did not stay with the team while injured, showed no support what so ever and to this day is in Florida. Where is the great leader that he wanted to be, he wanted to take over the ship and to the eyes of the fans it looked like he bailed when the ship was sinking. What happened to the captain going down with the ship?

    Thanks PurplePeopleEaters for the sig AWSOME!!

  9. #19
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Fresh blood has stepped aboard the longship....

    "thanatoschristou" wrote:
    Daunte deserves a chance to prove he can heal and prove he can play even after being weened from Linehan's bosssm. Daunte looked lost last seaon, but he had alot go down at once. No o-line, no RB (as if we have had one for years), Moss gone, Linehan gone, bum knee even before it was tore to shreds. Give him one year to show he has what it takes. He is willing to move his roster bonus. Move it. If he stinks can him before it is time to pay him next year.
    I agree with your post. But your screen name worries me... why did you pick that?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #20
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Fresh blood has stepped aboard the longship....

    "wyorob" wrote:
    Sorry but I disagree. He fumbles way too much, he accuracy is not great, he can throw deep and he doesnt wait for a play to develop before he runs with it and fumbles, forces an interception or just plain runs out. I like him I thought he was going to be great but face it he's not going to be. I hope to someday in the future to eat my words because I do not want him to fail. Brad johnson came in and you could see the difference in play development. Plus he did not stay with the team while injured, showed no support what so ever and to this day is in Florida. Where is the great leader that he wanted to be, he wanted to take over the ship and to the eyes of the fans it looked like he bailed when the ship was sinking. What happened to the captain going down with the ship?
    Welcome wyorob. I actually disagree with 90%of your comments (especially the accuracy one).. but instead of hijacking this thread (I am as guilty of this as others), let's continue this debate on one of the thousands of actual culpepper threads... "grin:
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hi! New member aboard
    By Hinkle in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-04-2009, 10:45 PM
  2. Yo Cajun! Our Guy Stepped On It...
    By PacNWVike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 09:37 AM
  3. Viking Longship to Sail Across North Sea
    By singersp in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 08:36 PM
  4. Coming aboard.
    By Namius in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-04-2006, 09:19 AM
  5. Beggar Aboard!
    By vikoles in forum Tix & Such
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-23-2005, 02:21 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •