phaninphx is offline Training Camp

Former poster, interim lurker and now a new member.

Hi everyone!

I used to post under the name faninphx. I had some difficulty retrieving my old password and have been lurking for the past five years. Instead of trying to resurrect my old account, I decided to create a new one.

A little about me? I live in the Valley of the Sun. When I was 11 my brother was reading an article in the sports page about Jim McMahon signing with the Vikings. Up until that point, I had been a Bears fan. My brother spent about 10 minutes convincing me I should become a Vikings fan and here I am 20 years later as a diehard Viking fan. I have never been to Minnesota but I would love to go to a home game at some point. I can't tell you how many times I get asked at sports bars what part of MN I'm from.

That's about it for me. I love football and can't wait to share opinions and have friendly arguments. SKOL Vikings!

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Nice to see someone new (ish). I've been the "new" maniac poster for awhile now.

I've been to a few Vikings games, but only when they played the 49ers, since I lived most my life in the Bay Area near San Francisco. One was a victory (when we SHOULD have beat the Phoney Whiners), the other when Chris Carter took control and we almost beat the 49ers when it should have been a blow out.

For the record, I would also LOVE to see a Vikings home game!! I cannot imagine being surrounded by 70,000 fans that are cheering for the same team I am!!!
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Welcome. The bit about making it out for a home game made me have to respond. Do it! I flew out in december, year before last (from toronto) for the sole purpose of catching a game in the dome. So worth it.

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Hi and welcome to the site, I'm in the same boat as far as seeing a home game. I always thought I'd make it to the dome one day but finances never allowed. At least I made it to London last year and although I loved every minute I don't think it's comparable to a game in Minny.