EdmontonVikeFan is offline Waterboy

First game....here I come!!

Howdy to all,

Looooong time Vikings fan from a devoted NFL family up here in Edmonton Canada. Mom cheered for Broncos, Dad cheered for Raiders and I am a diehard Vikings fan. My parents retired 10 years ago and were working their way through every NFL stadium waiting for either team to make the Superbowl. My Mom unexpectedly passed away last year at the age of 57 before they could live out their dream of seeing a game in every NFL city. My Dad and I are coming to Minny for the Dec 13th game vs the Vikings and it is a dream come true for me....and a very emotional time for both of us......gonna raise a toast for her. Dad is stoked to see Favre in person and I can't believe I get to see the boys in real life! Coming to Minny Dec 11th to 14th and will have some requests for trip suggestions over the next few days that hopefully you all don't mind me asking.....

Nice to meet you all....

Shane
    None

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: First game....here I come!!

welcome!!

stop by our tailgate if you get there early enough!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re:First game....here I come!!

welcome to the site

SKOL!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Stop by the PP.O tailgate, it's the best.

My first game in 20 years was the Philly playoff game last year. Although I had been a member for years, I had never met any of the members. My son and I felt very welcomed by all...it was great. Heck, they even made Iggles fans feel welcome and they had a blast with us!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Another fan from Edmonton? No way! I thought I was the only one. Finally, another one joins the ranks.
    Hit me up with a PM and we'll have a little chat.

Welcome to the site and SKOL VIKINGS!
    We're bringing purple back.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

That is the game I picked to come home for this year as well. You will definately need to stop by the PPO tailgate. Cats are a blast to party iwht.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

I'm sure you'll have a blast, I went last week for my first game and met everyone at the tailgate, I'm sorry to hear about your mom, I'm sure the PPO members will also toast with you.

I recommend getting there at least 3 hours before the game to meet the members, and to walk around the lot and check out the sea of purple-I found the whole experience to be almost surreal, Everyone was rooting for the same team as me(I live in Bear country) And it felt so good to be around thousands of Viking fans. My 11 year old son and I had the best time.

Skol

Don't forget your long underwear
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

EdmontonVikeFan is offline Waterboy

Thanks for the welcome wagon! I'm definitely gonna swing by the PPO tailgate area and say howdy.....thinking I will bring down some Canadian beer that might be a nice change for "Minny Natives" (ie: Alexander Keiths, Big Rock, Sleemans)

Wondering if I could get a few recommendations:

1. UFC (Penn vs Sanchez) is Saturday night before the game. Any suggestions for a good sports bar to watch it? (and by good I mean hot waitresses, cold beer and good grub.....in that order!)

2. Best post game pub/bar to get some wings? (see above criteria)

3. Best "Gentlemens Club"?

4. Best steakhouse?

5. Can't miss thing for a first time visitor to Minnesota?

Thanks everyone for your help!
    None

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Pub: So many to pick from. Rock Bottoms is awesome. There was another one downtown kind of near the stadium that was Irish themed pub. It was great. The mall has endless amounts of food.

Steakhouse: Fogo's. There are some others, but expensive. Fogo's, if you go at lunch, it is all you can eat for $35 I believe.
    We're bringing purple back.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

EdmontonVikeFan wrote:
    Howdy to all,

Looooong time Vikings fan from a devoted NFL family up here in Edmonton Canada. Mom cheered for Broncos, Dad cheered for Raiders and I am a diehard Vikings fan. My parents retired 10 years ago and were working their way through every NFL stadium waiting for either team to make the Superbowl. My Mom unexpectedly passed away last year at the age of 57 before they could live out their dream of seeing a game in every NFL city. My Dad and I are coming to Minny for the Dec 13th game vs the Vikings and it is a dream come true for me....and a very emotional time for both of us......gonna raise a toast for her. Dad is stoked to see Favre in person and I can't believe I get to see the boys in real life! Coming to Minny Dec 11th to 14th and will have some requests for trip suggestions over the next few days that hopefully you all don't mind me asking.....

Nice to meet you all....

Shane
    Valkommen and SKOL!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!