Thread: Finally Home

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Finally Home

This isn't my first post but this will be my first season in the Twin Cities since '98. I wish I knew about this site sooner because now I'm home and can talk Vikings whenever I want. Going to school in Lawrence, KS caused me to go to a sports bar to watch nearly every Vikes game. Every week I was surrounded by Packer and Bears fans. Horrible people. Chiefs fans are almost as bad but are actually more dillusional. Its great to be home and I'm glad to be part of the forum here. You'll have to look past my constant negativity because I bleed purple and gold. This is the year!

Mensa Tice,
    Jim- Bloomington, MN

[color=red]

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: Finally Home

welcome back!

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

mensa tice, if tice has a good record this year and maybe wins us a superbowl will you stop hating him?

I need someone to hate. I think Tice has done a great job at building this team but I also think he is an idiot. I don't mind him as the head coach as far as being a motivator and for the draft. As long as he has great coordinators, he can coach the team for the next fifteen years and I'd probably be happy. I'm not sold on Loney (how could anyone be at this point.) I don't trust Tice's decision making. But to answer your question, yes I would stop hating him if we win the Super Bowl. A good record is expected but if we make it the NFC championship or to the SB it would be hard to hate him.

Now you need to stop hating Goldberg. He's only 24 going into his third year and got some great experience last year, despite the penalties. Plus, I went to high school with him and he's a great, great guy. FYI, my buddy ran into him about a week after the Moss trade and he was not happy about it. True Story. Goldberg said "Yeah Right!!" after my friend suggested the trade could be a good thing for the team. I have a feeling that is the consensus with the rest of the players.

[color=red]

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

well i repsect goldberg from a standpoint that he is a professional and i would kill for his job but about the moss trade thing i still have him as a factor, but will root for him now just cause he is a viking and love to have him around for depth. i just really want johnson to start.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Welcome home MensaTice, and welcome to your new on-line home, PP.O !!

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

"magicci" wrote:
    well i repsect goldberg from a standpoint that he is a professional and i would kill for his job but about the moss trade thing i still have him as a factor, but will root for him now just cause he is a viking and love to have him around for depth. i just really want johnson to start.
    This is fair and I'm not for Goldberg starting and wasn't last year. He was thrust into the situation about two years prematurely. Now that he has that experience and considering hes only 24, he is going to be a factor in the future.

To everyone else, thanks for welcoming me home. I can't tell you how great it is to be back. I'll really feel home once we kick off the season.

[color=red]

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Welcome MensaTice ... enjoy and look forward to hearing your insight about our beloved game of Football !!!!!