Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Female Fan

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Female Fan

Alright, so I thought since its slow I would write a short article on my favorite subjects... me and my vikings!

First let me give you a little insight on me. I'm what you would probably call a girly girl.... I love shopping, especially for shoes and clothes, I like getting my nails done, I hate bugs and getting dirty. And I absolutely love football, more accurately my vikes!

While finding female football fans may not be uncommon, I've found that women fans like myself that crave the game all year round are some what of a rare breed.

Growing up I thought my Mother was certifiably insane. What normal girl would sit around and scream at the top of her lungs about a stupid football game? When I got a little bit older I started understanding little by little. I found myself watching football more and more and soon enough I was a regular sunday football addict. Then the offseason would come and I would snatch up every little detail about the vikes that I could find and then have to find someone else that could care just a little and debate it with them!

Now I think my sisters think I'm certifiably insane! They don't understand how a stupid game could matter so much to me. Honestly I don't know if I can explain it myself. Thats part of the reasons why I feel so at home here. I don't have to explain it, you are all in the same boat I am or you wouldn't be here! The only difference is that most of you are men and I'm a woman.

Well there you go... that wasted some of my time at work and maybe you all got to know me just a little bit better

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Female Fan

Good to meet ya, TNT. We need many more ladies like you in the world! :-)
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

VIKE58 is offline Pro-Bowler

Female Fan

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Good to meet ya, TNT. We need many more ladies like you in the world! :-)
    Damn this is getting to be a bad habit. But once again I have to agree with you Los. The world would be a much better place if it had more football Loveing girls (Women) in it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    GO VIKINGS GO !!!! AND THE PACK STILL BLOWS !!!!!!

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Female Fan

I have an aunt in Utah that is like you are except she is a basketball fan. She thought has a rule that no talking is allowed when the game is on now that is an intense fan.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

Female Fan

:scratch: I am not sure but TNT I would believe alot of us in here men that is I can't speak for the women and really don't want to go there :shaking: anyway we proably (again I speak for myself here) wish we could find a person like you to snuggle up on the couch on sunday (if we lived far away from the stadium) and watch the game, man the only thing else we would need is a frige (full of Beer), :drunken: we are honoured, and glad to have you and the others who enjoy the team, the game, this board, and US of course as much as we do. :headbang:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Female Fan

Ya i wish more girls were into football more. That would make life much easier for men.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Moss Deep is offline Rookie

Female Fan

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    Ya i wish more girls were into football more. That would make life much easier for men.
    Life is easy - women, football & beer although not necessarily in that order :drunken: :lol: :drunken:
    Yo quiero pancakes. Donnes-moi pancakes. Click-click-bloody-click pancakes!

Female Fan

I have been lucky in that department. My wife has evolved into a football fan. When we were dating she would try to break the "No Cuddle" rule. We have got past that after 9 years. She isn't as hard core as TNT she is more of a 1st quarter/4th quarter fan. The middle of the game is for a long nap. LOL
    The truth? You can t handle the truth!!

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Female Fan

TNT I understand you completely. I am also a girly girl who craves football all year. I am totally depressed for two weeks after the season is done maybe it is more like two months and then I start counting the days until the draft and any other little activity that takes place that might remotely be about the vikings or football. In fact I am so excited right now about traning camp starting in a week I can't even tell you but then again like you said I don't even have to try to explain how excited I am as I know everyone on here is in the same boat which is why this site is so cool. I also think it is way cool when guys are talking about football and I quietely join in and before you know it these guys are so impressed or maybe I should say suprised that a woman can actually have an intellectual conversation about football I think that is one of the most fun things is having a guy have to admit that you may know as much about football as they do especially when maybe initially they just thought that maybe I was some air headed barbie doll type oh how I love to prove them wrong. Hey only a week til training camp... Woo Hoo!!!

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Female Fan

Casper you want a girl to cuddle with while watching a game? Who cuddles during a football game there is no cuddling in football. I couldn't cuddle during the game too busy screaming and swearing at the tv. If I were to cuddle during the game I think my partner might end up with a broken jaw or a concussion from my elbow hitting him in the face while my arms are flying about in either joy from a touchdown or anger from a stupid play or bad call. I think what you should be looking for is a girl who wears purple and gold lingerie under her jersey and may be up for a little half time action that sounds a little more like fun.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast