Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    scottishviking is offline Waterboy

Completely new to football!

Hey guys! I'm a very new football fan! I'm from Scotland and just got into the game recently when on holiday in Florida. The Vikings were the team that caught my eye the most, I suppose you could say it was love at first sight
    Still learning about the game and the team, hopefully this is a good place to do that. I'm hoping to come over to see a game next season so I better start saving the pennies

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Completely new to football!

Welcome here SV, Glad you randomly picked the best team to follow, And in the middle of a great year, If you're completely new to football then sit back and read some discussions.

Skol
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Hello and welcome Scottishviking,

If it's the Minnesota Vikings you want to cheer for, and learn about the team and game, you couldn't have come to a better fan site.
    Here at PPO, not only will you meet and get to know some of the most die-hard Vikings fans in the world, but it's a great web site to follow our Vikings and learn all you could ever want to about the game of American Football, mainly the NFL.
    Stop in often and feel free to ask many questions.
    Get to know all the great guys and gals that come here on a regular basis and you will soon learn it's more like family here, than just another fan site.

Welcome and SKOL!

Nordicned

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Welcome "scottishviking"!!!

I can relate to you, I was also new to american football when I joined this site.
    My personal experience on this fansite has been great and I learned a lot about this game from the members on here... and I'm still learning new stuff every week.

It's nice to have more non-Americans on this site (not that I have anything against Americans of course
    ) Different people bring in new ideas and ways of thinking, which I think is great.

I can't remember his name right now, but you're not the only one from Scotland.

You could say that it was love at first sight for me too. Coming to the USA in 2006, and being from Norway, I felt that the Vikings was the team to follow. I loved watching Randy Moss (and throwing to him in Madden 2005
    ;D ), but the Vikings were not as fun to watch when he left the team.

Fortunately, the Vikings drafted another superstar in RB Adrian Peterson. I was incredible excited when he slipped to the 7th pick and the the Vikings decided to go for him. Adrian was my favorite player in the 2007 coming out of college and I couldn't believe my eyes and ears when I saw the Vikings pick him in the 2007 draft.

My heritage was probably why I choose the Vikings in the first part (it was definitely not because they were a good team because they had a very poor reputation in 2005/2006 and was recognised as one of the worst teams)
    I later on found many more reasons to root for the Vikings and I will never stop rooting for 'em.

Being a Scottish man yourself, you might also have some vikings heritage in your blood

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

"scottishviking" wrote:
    Hey guys! I'm a very new football fan! I'm from Scotland and just got into the game recently when on holiday in Florida. The Vikings were the team that caught my eye the most, I suppose you could say it was love at first sight
    Still learning about the game and the team, hopefully this is a good place to do that. I'm hoping to come over to see a game next season so I better start saving the pennies

Not that you couldn't do this yourself but heres some basic answers for a new to the game person

http://football.about.com/od/footbal...tball_101.htm,

Now don't take this the wrong way, but heck-theres a lot of little things to know to get up to speed
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Welcome to the best team and the best fan site in the NFL world!

SKOL!
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Reading the rules helps, but there's no substitute for watching a game with someone who really understands the game.
    Or at the very least, having that rule sheet handy at the time.

I determined this while trying to learn the rules of cricket by reading.
    There's no cricket on television here, so I just gave up.

Anyway, I'd like to echo the sentiment of my fellow fans in saying that we're glad to have you aboard.
    You've come at a really exciting time for our team - we've got a future Hall of Famer at quarterback and the best shot at a Super Bowl we've had in years.

And if you ever need someone to explain the fair catch kick rule for you (and you won't, since it almost NEVER happens), I'm your man.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"scottishviking" wrote:
    Valkommen and SKOL!

You find the right site - best (and largest) Viking fan site on the internet right here.

You should see if you can get together with Scottishvike (who, ironically, is also Scottish!) and catch a game.
    No clue, of course at this point, if you two live close together, but he's a very intelligent American football fan and a long-standing member of PPO.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"Zeus" wrote:
    "scottishviking" wrote:
    Valkommen and SKOL!

You find the right site - best (and largest) Viking fan site on the internet right here.

You should see if you can get together with Scottishvike (who, ironically, is also Scottish!) and catch a game.
    No clue, of course at this point, if you two live close together, but he's a very intelligent American football fan and a long-standing member of PPO.

=Z=
    Well, Scotland's got quite a few people in it, so that might be easier said than done.
    But yeah, scottishvike is from Dunfermline, in case you're curious.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Welcome to the site my newest purple and gold friend.

Post well and often.
    Always remember, feel free to ask questions, alot of people on here, someone will know the answer.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast