Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    cmh6476 is offline Training Camp

Are you all ready for Napoleon Harris to unleash his fury?

;D

Good luck to you boys, and for those of you coming down I hope you have a good time.
    I think you'll find most of the Chiefs fans inviting and welcoming.
    Bring the grills.

I went to a Chiefs/ Vikes preseason game a few years ago when I was up at River Falls for TC, and the fans up there were very hospitable.
    Only downfall I saw was there was nowhere to party where you parked, which is what makes Arrowhead what it is.
    Which I guess was fine, we just went and partied right by the stadium before we went into the Dome, I guess we're just a bunch of cheap bastages that like to drink our own beer and cook our own food
    ???

Got any questions on the Chiefs?
    I can probably answer them for you.
    Our D has played fairly well this year, keeping us in games.
    Now we get Jared Allen back from a 2 game suspension, so it's nice to have our biggest playmaker back on defense.
    The Vikes probably have the best O-Line in the league, but they better be on their A-game Sunday with the crowd noise and Jared Allen and Tamba Hali rushing off the ends.

In the off-season we signed Harris and Donnie Edwards to come in as the Chiefs believe the quicker and more athletic LBs are better suited to play the cover-2 than the leftovers we had from the Vermeil era.
    With Derrick Johnson opposite Edwards, we have a pretty good LB corp.

Corners are pretty good, they are getting up there in age but play smart.
    Our safeties are both 2nd year guys, and while I appreciate their hard-hitting style, they are still prone to make those rookie mistakes.
    Andre Johnson broke his long TD on a botched assignment by SS Bernard Pollard.

Not so sure the Vikes have the threats at WR to expose our safeties (at least at this point in their careers with tarvaris throwing the rock), but I expect them to be tested.
    Sydney Rice anybody?

On offense we're just kind of slumming along.
    I feel pretty confident that the offense will progressivley get better, we were just without LT McIntosh, LJ, QB Huard, WR Bowe, and TE Jason Dunn for much of the preseason.
    I think you'll see a heavy dose of LJ this week.
    The Chiefs want to win by controlling the clock and playing solid defense.
    They want to limit 3 and outs and sustain drives to keep their defense fresh.
    They haven't been very successful at this, but so far the defense is still kind of holding up their end of the bargain.
    They would be doing a lot better if the offense were willing to cooperate.

Anyways, good luck to yall, I did draft AP in one of my leagues so I am pulling for him this year, just not this week.

Good luck to ya fellas, here's hoping for no major injuries
    8)

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Are you all ready for Napoleon Harris to unleash his fury?

First off, we really appreciate respectful fans of opposing teams stopping in.

Second, you are probably right about not having threats at the WR position.

Third, I will expect a big dose of LJ running in to the Williams Wall for no gain.

And finally, here here on the no injury statement. Lets make it a clean game, eliminate penalties, and all shall be well.

Thanks for droppin by dude!
    -Sno

"SnoBumMN" wrote:

I like their potential.
    the preseason game I went to was Williamson's first year, he broke a long TD and when I saw him play I was like, damn this kid is going to be good.
    not sure why he hasn't really lived up to expectations.

I also like Rice's potential, I think he'll develop into a fine WR.
    Just at this point I don't see them being problems for the safeties as say if they were matching up against a tandem like Wayne/ Harrison, CJ/Housh.

Of course our WRs aren't much to talk about either.
    I think Dwayne Bowe kind of fits the same mold, will probably develop into a fine WR and you will see flashes of what he can do, but it's going to take a little while before he does it every down.

ahh, thanks for showing me the way around

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Food for thought.... Topics...

Hey, there were plenty of People here that were interested in DJ, how do you like him and how is he perceived by the fans?

What are you thinking about your Rookie calling our O linemen "soft." on the Hard Knocks training camp program?
    I say that Chester and AP have a ton of yards on Sunday.
    McKinnie didn't like that comment.
    He is soft at times, but he will be motivated, LOL!

http://www.purplepride.org/vikings/mckinnie.cfm

August 14, 2007

So I guess by now everyone has read about what that Chiefs' rookie said on HBO.
    In case you didn't--he said our tackles are soft.
    He was speaking about us as a unit—he wasn't directing it at anyone or pointing anyone out.
    Still, I'm part of that unit—he was talking about all of us, so of course I had to say something back.
    Although, what he said didn't really even make sense anyway--you gotta remember that was practice.
    It wasn't a game.
    What are you thinking about Herm in his second season?

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Good post, I love to see opponent's fans who come in here and say things besides "Viqueens suck hahaha Brian Urlacher will kill you" "Or Favre I want your babies!"

But in all seriousness, nice post.

I think if we do get a heavy dose of LJ it will be for no more than 50-60 yards.

I'm not scared of Jared Allen or Hali going up against McKinnie, but whoever Cook is assigned to is gonna have a big day.

It doesn't matter how old/smart or good/bad your secondary is, our passing game will make them look like 4 hall of famers.
    ;D

If I were Childress, you'd see about 25 carries from Adrian Peterson and 20 from Chester Taylor. And Tarvaris Jackson only throwing the ball 15-25 times. He should be in a Roethlisberger role right now, just manage the game, let the defense and running game win it for you. (I honestly think we're more talented than that Steelers superbowl team) Until he really learns what he's doing, which I hope is sooner rather than later, he shouldn't be throwing very much. After that though he could be excellent, he has the arm, mobility, and a few potential weapons at WR.

I think it should be a pretty good game. I think the Vikings are gonna force a few more turnovers, and the defense will probably outscore the O... again.

Enjoy your day at Arrowhead, especially the tailgate!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I see our teams being somewhat equal all the way around.

Our teams are stronger on D and weaker on O.
    We have young offenses.
    We have leadership and experience on the D.
    We have talent at RB, and less at the WR positions.

To be honest, your home field should slightly put you guys ahead.
    In order for us to win, we have to play a mistake free game on offense and "you guys must let us score some TDs on Offense," LOL!
    The right side of the line needs to step it up and the whole line needs to avoid penalties.

BTW, I like Napo.
    It is unfortunate that he never stood a chance here in MN,
    to sum it up Troy W and Napo do not = Randy Moss.
    Napo and Troy just have/had too much expectations put on them to make up for the loss of RM.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"cmh6476" wrote:
    ;D

Good luck to you boys, and for those of you coming down I hope you have a good time.
    I think you'll find most of the Chiefs fans inviting and welcoming.
    Bring the grills.
    I'm mostly worried about the Tyler Thigpen Experience, myself.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I just hope that whatever happens it isn't a pathetic display of football like last week.
    I don't know if I can endure another game with 10 or so turnovers and close to a couple dozen penalites.
    Hoping for a good game that is well executed.
    I prefer seeing huggies shut down on his home field.
    Should be a good battle.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"cmh6476" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:

I like their potential.
    the preseason game I went to was Williamson's first year, he broke a long TD and when I saw him play I was like, gol 'darnit this kid is going to be good.
    not sure why he hasn't really lived up to expectations.

I also like Rice's potential, I think he'll develop into a fine WR.
    Just at this point I don't see them being problems for the safeties as say if they were matching up against a tandem like Wayne/ Harrison, CJ/Housh.

Of course our WRs aren't much to talk about either.
    I think Dwayne Bowe kind of fits the same mold, will probably develop into a fine WR and you will see flashes of what he can do, but it's going to take a little while before he does it every down.
    My opinion as to why Williamson hasn't worked out is based on something many Vikings fans aren't even aware of.
    Williamson played very little football in his youth. He played in the 8th grade. Then he didn't play again until he was a junior or senior in high school.
    With very little experience he played wide receiver on a college team that didn't pass much.
    I see him as uncoordinated and inexperienced. I still have hope for his development. He just needs a big game or two to develop confidence.

As to the game Sunday. I think your analysis is pretty good. The 0-2 record is no comfort to me. It will be very difficult to go into arrowhead and pull out a victory. I think this is going to be a close hard fought game.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast