Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

YES it's ME again!

Alright, Gap. I'll take a stab at your actual football questions.

1: Our Defensive Front Four has altered since our initial meeting. Hovan is no longer in the lineup, and they are actually doing better without him. We see it, and they - most importantly - know it.

2: The improved play of the Front Four has allowed our Linebackers to concentrate more on THEIR jobs - as evidenced by fewer "Out of Position" mistakes.

3: While I won't say our "D" is even a GOOD one yet, it should be more than capable of handling Westbrook...especially since that's the only REAL weapon you've got. I like McNabb, but he has no one to throw to anymore.

4: Your D-Backs quite simply won't be able to cover everyone. Pick your poison; Moss, Robinson, Burleson, Wiggins, or any of our H-Backs comming out of the backfield. What's that you say? You're going to cover them with Linebackers? PLEASE DO!!!!

5: Goldberg isn't didly squat...all by himself. But he'll have help all game long. Either Wiggins or a H_back chipping on Kearse.

6: I wouldn't underestimate that Minnesota "O"-Line. They're big, strong, and they buy Daunte LOTS of time. In fact, I sometimes think they buy him too much time.

7: Which of our H-Backs do you plan to stop? Any of them? Three of them could START for most NFL teams. We're starting Smith, but rest assured you'll see plenty of Bennett (As he's blazing by) and Williams (As he punishes Linebackers stuffing the gaps (No pun intended)).

8: You narrowly beat us in week 2 with TO, and he's out.

9: In the last 5 weeks, Philly's "O" has looked anything BUT impressive;
    [list]Beat Washington by 3 (17-14)
    Beat Dallas by 5 (12-7)
    Lost to St. Louis (20-7)
    Lost to Cincinnati (38-10)[/list:u]

10: Your Starters have been sitting idle for the bulk of the last 4 weeks (Because they didn't want to get any Owies), while OURS are running hot.

Now, none of this guarantees a Viking win, but those are some pretty compelling reasons why the possibility of one certainly exists.

Caine

YES it's ME again!

Caine -- your posts are always well written and true. You are a true asset to this site! Keep up the good work. :salute:
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

vikesgirl36 is offline Rookie

YES it's ME again!

So...The Gap?..Is that supposed to be what's between your ears? Come on...maybe you should be nicer to Viking fans. The team that will win tomorrow is the one that plays the best. Not the one you think is the best .

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

YES it's ME again!

"The Gap" wrote:
    confused is nummy another word for yummy
    [size=7px][/size]

It's Norwegian for get your team ready for a good old fashioned
    butt kicken
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

YES it's ME again!

"The Gap" wrote:
    OK Animal I appreciate the offer, see how we’re bonding. Now is that drugstore like the General store? I can’t wait to go out with my new Buddy. How about more of you Minny dudes getting in on this. Maybe we could even go ice fishing. Hey with the value of money being what it is in Minny, like $10,000 being nothing you can buy me all kinds of things. One thing I was disappointed in you missed one of the best things ….. diapers for the baby, now don’t be thinking I’m implying your stupid.
    After I send this I’ll be checking out the Eagles next opponent so try not to miss me but I will be missing you.
    By the way PH they aren’t really Eagles see that’s just a mascot name they are actually big men and boiling them would be kinda illegal too. I’m confused is nummy another word for yummy or just how your brain was feeling.
    25 Hours tick tick tick
    you are so clever. i dont think that i get any of that. i am sorry. you are the smack king.

KABOOM !!!!!!
    is going to be on the yard birds
    lets the fros go
    :rr:
    1 question? you looking at the 2005 sked?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

YES it's ME again!

"NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    Caine -- your posts are always well written and true. You are a true asset to this site! Keep up the good work. :salute:
    I fully agree with Neo. Caine's posts are excellent and an attribute to this board. He truly shows what real Viking fans are like; intelligent! :salute:

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

YES it's ME again!

Wow, you may know how to talk smack, but you sure as hell don't know anything about grammar, or really even the English language.

Here's some points to fire back at ya! Minnesota's line is SLOW but they're BIG, which means they're going to outmuscle "The Freak" (Moss is the true Freak anyway) and the rest of the D-Line. Kearse is 265 (Cully's size and not nearly as fast), Simon is 290, Walker is 290, and Burgess is 266. Hell, the average size of a Viking lineman was 325 lbs, if you do that math, thats right no one with in 35 lbs of a viking lineman...they may be slower, but they'll throw you guys around like rag dolls. The Linebackers used to be undisciplined, but in the past couple of weeks, especially last week, they have shown great discipline and they've effectively stopped the run. They are more mature and much better than they were in WEEK 2, considering they've had 15 games to get better, so disregard that 8 yards per carry bullcrap. And as far as your DB's go...big deal. Moss is bigger and faster, Burleson is much better than he was in week 2, and has really proven this season that he is going to be a premier reciever in this league, and Robinson is big as well, which means the Eagles will have hard time being physical with him. I just hope you come back tomorrow to get your beating after the Eagles lose.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

YES it's ME again!

Anybody remember the skit a few years back on Saturday Night Live where Jim Breuer played a character called The Gap Troll...customers would come out of The Gap store and as they were crossing a small bridge placed in front of the doors of the store, Breuer (as The Gap Troll) would accost them with useless nonsense and worthless drivel...now he spends his time posting on such well-known websites like Purplepride.com...poor Gap Troll, he used to be on TV, now he has been reduced to anonymity on the Internet...AND NOW YOU KNOW THE REST OF THE STORY!!! GOOD DAY!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

The Gap is offline Starter

YES it's ME again!

Sorry Caine I was out late last night so I never got back here. I appreciate your contributions you actually made points. Not good ones but points I tip my cap. (I’m not really wearing a cap but pretend) Here are some quick comments as related to each item:
    1 & 2 – Aren’t changes supposed to make the team better? Do you consider the Vikings second half record better? How about losing an absolutely have to win season finale?
    We made changes too however look up how our defense improved after the change in our linebackers.
    3. You act like Westbrook is an after though. Too bad the Vikes won’t be game planning with that attitude. You don’t know what other weapons we have, how could you out in snow country? Remember the name LJ smith and when you hear it in the game think “The Gap is Wise”. Freddie has more than you know and one other little thing, not that big a deal but DONOVAN IS A THREAT TO RUN!
    4. You may be surprised.
    5. Come on that guys so weak if the Vikes ask the birds permission they may let you play with 12 men.
    6. Too much time! – Yeah only 46 sacks.
    7. Isn’t Williams banged up? The other two Smith and Bennett averaged just 2.8 yards per carry collectively in the last two games.
    8. Narrowly? check the score dude. If only the Vikes could have scored aquick field goal, recovered an onsides kick and then went for a successful two it would have been tied. Yeah I was sweatin it out. Also if it was closer don’t you think the Eagles would have added some more?
    9. Teams get up when they are playing number one and they give a better effort. Also teams that are playing out the string want to beat the best to have something to brag about and validate their season. On the other hand The Eagles with the division wrapped up can’t be expected to bring their ‘A’ game every week (like other teams in that position) but they still won two out of four and we both know the story in the other two. Don’t be using meaningless games played by other players to support you claims.
    10. That did the rams a lot of good last night didn’t it?

Your right these factors don’t guarantee anything but neither does anything I say or statistic I quote we will know soon will you be watching? Now if you think this list is compelling you better get a dictionary and check the meaning of compelling, I wouldn’t even call them valid but at least you tried. Toe to toe with The Gap if I were wearing a cap I’d tip it, how about a wink? No that’s no good next thing I’ll hear is I’m gay.

Now as far as Itrey goes your right only Minny got better, Eagles couldn’t have improved any. Opps No T.O. that cancels out any other improvement. Only problem is if you got better why was/is your coaches job on the line? Why did they lose their last game when it could have meant not making the playoffs? I better look up improvement I must have been all wrong.

Finally cajunvike “Jim Breuer” …….. a few years back? Yeah like 10 ….. that’s right 11 points is just a little loss. Not only do you guys work with your own English system you’ve also introduced the new Millennium math. There is so much to be learned here. By the way what is a cajunvike? Is it a Minnesota appetizer? The Birds will be munchin those babies down today.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

YES it's ME again!

Just so every Viking fan on this site can remember how arrogant this "The Gap" clown is, I'm going to lock this topic and let you look at his last post and remind yourselves how stupid he is, and how much we're going to enjoy rubbing it in his face tomorrow...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12