Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: World's Biggest Patriot Fan Here.....

"NEM" wrote:
    "vikesD" wrote:
    I`m a vikes fan living about 30 miles from Boston and I can`t wait to go to work on Tuesday with a win against the Patsies. I`ve heard so much bs this week. A couple of the guys I work with have already started making excuses like Oh its okay to lose to Minn. there in the NFC wont matter as much as losing to say the Colts next week.
    Being a Vikings fan in Boston must be like being an Arizona Cardinal fan anywhere in the world, you're the ONLY one.

Let me add this, it is not OK to lose to the Vikings.
    Its not OK to lose to anyone.
    But what they say about the NFC games as opposed to the AFC games, they dont hurt as much in case of tiebrekers, etc.
    But, that being said, you still dont want to lose to anyone.

I am beginning to feel much more confident about this game, from a Pats standpoint.

I dont know why, but I have a feeling that the Pats are going to attempt some different things with the passing game, maybe stretch the field much more than they are known to do,and something they have not yet done this season .

But this wil be the first game that we wil be at full strength as far as WR's go, and even moreso with Benjamin Watson at tight end, a TE that has WR speed but bowls people over once he hs the ball in hand.

The key to winning this game, IMO, is not to fall behind and have to play carch up in your crib.

I would come out with all engines running and go after your secondary right from the get go, while at the same time tryng to spread out your run defense.
    Not a bad idea...BUT our LBs are pretty fast and can cover a lot of ground...just one of the reasons why we have the #1 run defense in the NFL right now.

AND our secondary, while not ranked extremely high, is still pretty talented (and better than the Patsies' DBs) and coupled with our ferocious pass rush, will be put in position to pick a ball or two if Brady isn't careful.
    They usually don't get beat deep much, as they play pretty far off the ball...so going deep might not be the best option for the Patsy offense.
    That long pass play by the Seasquawks last week was a slant or short post pattern that Darrell Jackson broke due to a blown assignment by the nickle corner.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"NEM" wrote:
    "vikesD" wrote:
    I`m a vikes fan living about 30 miles from Boston and I can`t wait to go to work on Tuesday with a win against the Patsies. I`ve heard so much bs this week. A couple of the guys I work with have already started making excuses like Oh its okay to lose to Minn. there in the NFC wont matter as much as losing to say the Colts next week.
    Being a Vikings fan in Boston must be like being an Arizona Cardinal fan anywhere in the world, you're the ONLY one.
    try living in athens greece!!
    when you say the vikings are playing the patriots.. they don't even know what sport yer talkin about.

"NEM]<br" wrote:
    [quote]
    i think that's the feeling of every team, fan, fanatic.

"NEM]<br" wrote:

i've heard several pats fans say this, but i can't seem to understand why you would want to. watch some of the previous highlights of games we've played. 2 plays i think went for long verticle of #? plays that never made it or were inted.

[quote author=NEM]
    But this wil be the first game that we wil be at full strength as far as WR's go, and even moreso with Benjamin Watson at tight end, a TE that has WR speed but bowls people over once he hs the ball in hand.

The key to winning this game, IMO, is not to fall behind and have to play carch up in your crib.

I would come out with all engines running and go after your secondary right from the get go, while at the same time tryng to spread out your run defense.
    Brady having all his receivers doesn't instill a feeling of safeness to me. He's a great qb that knows how to get the ball to open hands. it'll be a big challange for the D to pick that up. Brady hasn't faced a D as hungry and as confident as the Vikes. Tomlin has these guys sooo fired up, and they have WON a few games for us. Their believing in their system and each other, and because of this they are stopping big name and high powerd O's. Brady and the pats are respected by them i bet, but noone is intimidating.. not to this D.

If we can keep constant preasure on Brady i'm sure he'll try some ill advised down field plays. I'm confident that our secondary well step up monday and keep this game winnable for B.j and his crew.

it'll be a good game i hope. as i'll be pullin an all niter to watch it!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

patriotswinagain is offline Waterboy

"vikes2456" wrote:
    Welcome, I've actually grown a small liking for the Patriots, mostly Bruschi... But lets hope for something we both can agree on, a good game with no injuries.
    Unlike Pittsburgh who lives for dirty hits such as Carson Palmer and ditto for same cheap hit on Tom Brady. Must say Denver wasn't bad and played legit.
    Most of Pat injuries come from our own players lol.

Minnesota plays hard football like the Pats in past years, looking forward to seeing you guys this year for the first time.

"patriotswinagain" wrote:
    "vikes2456" wrote:
    Welcome, I've actually grown a small liking for the Patriots, mostly Bruschi... But lets hope for something we both can agree on, a good game with no injuries.
    Unlike Pittsburgh who lives for dirty hits such as Carson Palmer and ditto for same cheap hit on Tom Brady. Must say Denver wasn't bad and played legit.
    Most of Pat injuries come from our own players lol.

Minnesota plays hard football like the Pats in past years, looking forward to seeing you guys this year for the first time.
    Yeah...MUCH BETTER to have the refs make BS calls that go your way at critical times in the game!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

[img width=362 height=410]http://www.startribune.com/media/2006/10/30/18/1vike1031.standalone.jpg[/img]

Sorry that a few of our fans made us all look like a bunch of hooligans. I hope the majority of the Viking fans aren't so crass as to throw beer bottles at opposing players.
    I'm embarassed for our fans because this also made national TV. We expect more from our players and we should expect more of our fans.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

best picture ever.

Now, i don't condone throwing beer bottles but the picture is priceless.

part of me would like to see vikes fans show a little more spice.
    we are known around the league as big fans of our team, but also reserved at the same time.

twiztedfait is offline Starter

"cajunvike" wrote:

Yeah...MUCH BETTER to have the refs make BS calls that go your way at critical times in the game!
    Cajun, those calls still would not have put 24 points on the board.
    Blame the refs all you want, the team lost the game.
    While they were on key plays, and the momentum would have helped, our D was not stopping brady all night.

You are starting to sound like a seachicken fan after the Sb last year

"twiztedfait" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

Cajun, those calls still would not have put 24 points on the board.
    Blame the refs all you want, the team lost the game.

While they were on key plays, and the momentum would have helped, our D was not stopping brady all night.

You are starting to sound like a seachicken fan after the Sb last year

Hey, we may have still lost..and I can accept that...BUT we wouldn't have gotten smoked as bad as we did if the game would have been called right.
    I said before the game that I could accept a close loss...BUT the non-calls were total BS and they certainly stymied any chance that we had to sustain drives.

The Patriots played a great game.
    The critics that claimed the Patiots are not one of the AFC's best are obviously wrong.

Patriot fans can start talking about how to beat the Colts.

The Vikings are improving over last season but they just are not one of the NFC's best right now. I hope this team improves as the season progresses.

On problem with attending sporting events is that we have to deal with drunken idiots.
    Throwing a beer bottle anywhere and at anytime should be dealt with. That is an act that states someone can not handle alcohol.
    Let them dry out in a jail cell in downtwon Minneapolis.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    [img width=362 height=410]http://www.startribune.com/media/2006/10/30/18/1vike1031.standalone.jpg[/img]

Sorry that a few of our fans made us all look like a bunch of hooligans. I hope the majority of the Viking fans aren't so crass as to throw beer bottles at opposing players.
    I'm embarassed for our fans because this also made national TV. We expect more from our players and we should expect more of our fans.
    , what a picture...is that doctored?
    It is sad to see people throwing stuff on the field, pound the guy next to you instead.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast