Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    NEM
    NEM is offline Waterboy

Re: World's Biggest Patriot Fan Here.....

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "NEM" wrote:
    Hell, I would even open up in the no huddle............
    We have already seen that a no huddle offense on the opening drive can catch the Vikings D off guard.
    This team is about making adjustments throughout the game, and the no huddle makes that difficult.
    But a team can't run the no huddle all night, and Tomlin is very good at making second half adjustments on defense.

Your strategy of opening up with short to medium passes is a fairly sound one, and this is what I expect the Pats to do.
    However, our run defense isn't built around loading up the box.
    Our front four can be stiffling by themselves.
    Your OL needs to be able to keep them off the QB long enough for a reciever or TE to open up.
    One of the complaints I have had about our young OC, and I have been very outsp;oken on it, is that I believe he waits too long to make changes, and adjustments.

A couple of times this season he insisted on attempting to force the running game even though it was obvious that the defense we were playing was stacked to stop it.

Fortunately, in all games, except Denver, our defense came through and the offense finally clicked inthe 2nd half.

But sometimes he waits just too damned long to adjust and one of these days, we wont be able to come back or get the help of the defense.

Many believe you have to run in order to pass....I believe that this team is geard for the opposite...pass to set up the run.

And now I think, with Chad Jackson and Gaffney and Gabriel, we have the long ball threat, too.

And OLD Troy Brown, he gets younger and younger and is a couple of passes away from breaking the all time Pats record.

A couple of years he was needed to fill in at Defensive Back, and he played well, and then one game in pre season this year, all of a sudden, there he was taking snaps at quarterback.

An unbelivable talent that goes unnoticed . Always makes the "big"play when needed.

He wil go over the middle for the hard catch and you will need to watch him, and if your safety comes up to cover, Jackson will slip behind on a deep post.....

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"NEM" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    You mentioned your o-line being young.
    What's up with your o-line this year?
    I haven't followed them much.
    The Pats have faced some formidable Ds against the Donkeys, Bungles, and Fish and have done well.
    My guess is you will see something similar in your output as you did against the Donkeys.
    Tomlin and the boys will be forcing hurries on Brady and hopefully a few sacks/Ints.
    I agree with what the Pats need to do, but I'm sure that Tomlin sees that crystal ball too.
    gol 'darnit, I'm excited for this game.
    Our O line is developing into one of the best in the NFL.
    A few years ago we drafted Matt Light and he has been a mainstay at LT.
    Two years ago we shocked the NFL when we drafted two offensive linemen with our first two picks, but they have worked out great.
    In their rookie seasons, they were forced to step right in, due to injuries, and they performed fantastic.
    Both of them are a little older than the average college grad and they seemed to be mature.
    Logan Mankins and Nick Kaczur (sp)
    Kaczur has been injured most of this season so far but is due back.

Dan Koppen at center just signed along term contract and Steve Neal and young Ryan O'Callaghan, a free agent, has worked right into a starting position on the right side.

These guys, for their age, are awesome and give Brady fantastic protection and have opened some good holes for Dillon and Maroney.

And they can only get better withmore experience.

On top of that, Brady seems to have 8 eyes, with unbelievable pocket presence.

I am excited about this game too....a win by the Pats puts us at 6-1 and some home games coming up.....

I can remember when other fans were NOT excited about the Pats coming in to their town....things have changed.

Thanks for the breakdown, when I've seen them play they look formidable.
    I wasn't aware of the intricacies.
    Del Rio started a good thread in the Vikings forum entitled 'offensive line examined' that sums up the offensive line play for the Vikings.

They'll have their hands full with our d-line.
    Should be a true battle.
    I'm excited about the game because it will be a hard-nosed battle.
    I like competition and this is one of the games where both teams match up nicely and there aren't as many obvious holes as there are in some matchups.

The Vikings' receiving corps has taken a lot of hits this year and the RBs/FBs/TEs will have to cover up for those deficiencies and, hopefully, the WRs that are still standing will have soak their hands in stickum Monday afternoon.

What's your take on Bethel Johnson?
    I know he didn't see much playing time in NE, but he did a good job returning last week for the Vikings.
    He was in for one play (?? I think) on the offense last weekend and it didn't pan out.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

NEM
    NEM is offline Waterboy

"Acumen" wrote:

I know he didn't see much playing time in NE, but he did a good job returning last week for the Vikings.
    He was in for one play (?? I think) on the offense last weekend and it didn't pan out.
    I was a Bethel Johnson fan.
    Most other Pats fans were not.
    I dont think he got a fair shot with the Pats.
    He has absolutely UNBELIEVABLE speed ..... If you guys use him, he can be a threat for the deep bomb.

And on KO returns, if he gets some space, he can break it.

But, for some reason, and no one can explain it...he seems to have a problem understanding the routes, etc.....
    and occasionaly has stone fingers... BUT, if he gets going, he can be a big, big threat for a game breaker.

BTW, I have had some trouble getting onto the message board this morning.
    This message keeps coming up.

PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 7C8224B2

Is this common?
    Or am I being watched by Homeland Security?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Definately homeland security. ;D

I saw the error message too.
    No, it is not common, and I am sure Webby is already working on a fix.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Definately homeland security. ;D

I saw the error message too.
    No, it is not common, and I am sure Webby is already working on a fix.
    I put a disclaimer in the submarine thread that will get them off our backs.
    ;D
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

I dont know if you guys are gonna cruise in this game.The vikes pass defense is middle of the pack at 18 but the rush d is ranked 1st overall.We are giving up 15.8 points a game and nobody has yet to score 20 points on us.If you guys are gonna win (wich i hope you dont) then u are gonna have to do it on defense because it is hard (so far this season) to score point on us....knock on wood...

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"NEM" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:

I was a Bethel Johnson fan.
    Most other Pats fans were not.
    I dont think he got a fair shot with the Pats.
    He has absolutely UNBELIEVABLE speed ..... If you guys use him, he can be a threat for the deep bomb.

And on KO returns, if he gets some space, he can break it.

But, for some reason, and no one can explain it...he seems to have a problem understanding the routes, etc.....
    and occasionaly has stone fingers... BUT, if he gets going, he can be a big, big threat for a game breaker.

BTW, I have had some trouble getting onto the message board this morning.
    This message keeps coming up.

PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 7C8224B2

Is this common?
    Or am I being watched by Homeland Security?

The Webmaster for PPO recently updated the boards with a complete new look and some of the bugs with the new processors are still being worked out, sometimes it affects the speed of the site and the availability.

For the last 3 weeks it has been running great until this morning, so hopefully it is temporary.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "NEM" wrote:
    Hell, I would even open up in the no huddle............
    We have already seen that a no huddle offense on the opening drive can catch the Vikings D off guard.
    Pre-season doesn't count, dood!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NEM" wrote:
    Dan Koppen at center just signed along term contract and Steve Neal and young Ryan O'Callaghan, a free agent, has worked right into a starting position on the right side.
    Koppen will be glad for that long-term security after he's SCHOOLED by Big Pat and K-Dub on Monday night!

=Z=
    (Sorry - this was all to civil for me)

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Lomo2go is offline Waterboy

Greetings Vikes fans, good luck next Monday. Let's hope for a well played and injury free game.

I see you have met NEM, and he has only made one conspiracy theory remark so far. Some of the guys at Patsfans.com have a hard time with his take on the Pats OC and playcalling, but I think he is a pretty decent dude to have around. Matter of fact I think he has something in the neighborhood of 15000 posts on the site. And how often do you meet a Liberal of his caliber who lives in Arizona? Anyway, enough about Mike.

This game should be a real measuring stick for each team. Hopefully our injury report will improve by gameday, we are currently looking at a less than banner Defensive line and some key players reporting as questionable.

I am most interested in seeing how the run defenses hold up. While I know the Vikes rank 2nd and the Pats rank 6th, those are really something of a paper stat. The only team we played with any kind of running game this year was Denver, and we fared poorly in stopping it. The only team you guys have played with a running game to speak of is Washington, and Portis was coming off injury and only had 10 attempts for about a 4 ypc average. I guess this game will tell the real tale by the end of the night.

I have always liked Brad Johnson. Guy has class and has paid his dues around the league. Did he ever get a pay raise for this year? Sure deserves one for what is being expected of him.

It will be interesting to see how Bethel does for you, guy has lightening speed but never could find a niche in our passing game. Kind of an odd thing when you consider what our wide receiver options were when we traded him to NO.

Curious to see if Maroney plays like fire with coming home to his old stomping ground. As for the rest of the team, I am not sure we have played there since they replaced the astro with the Fieldturf. I do know that Brady and the line have never had an issue with playing in a dome, but thats probably attributed to Belichick making sure he has a disciplined team.

Regardless, good luck, no injuries. My prediction-

Patriots: 17
    Vikes:16

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast