Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: World's Biggest Patriot Fan Here.....

Welcome to the site NEM.

To add an avatar, first on the left side of the site select "Your Account".

Then under "Modify Profile" select
    "Forum Profile Information".

The first 3 options there are for your avatar. The top option is for choosing an already existing avatar from this site.

The second option is used if your avatar is being brought in from a photo sharing site such as Photobucket.
    You simply put in the HTTP address for the image.

The third option is for uploading an avatar from your hard drive.

When you have the one you want, select "Change Profile" at the bottom of the profile setting page.

The avatar you use must be no bigger than 80x80 and 6 KB's in size.

Hope that helps.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Welcome to the board NEM!
    It's great to see a fan that has stuck with his team through the thin times and that can finally baske in their glory days.

Tom Brady is the man.
    He has silently risen through the ranks at QB and there are still many naysers saying it was the team, not Brady, that brought the Pats to all the titles.
    There is some truth to that, but the QB is the field general and he has done a helluva job taking charge of games.
    Like others have mentioned, my biggest concern is Brady picking apart the zone, I don't think Dillon or Maroney are going to have big days.

The Vikings will have to own the TOP for this to be a W.
    Keep the gol 'darnit ball out of Brady's hands.

Belichick is my favorite current HC and who knows what he'll have up his sleeve.
    I'm sure there's nothing any of us can say or think that he hasn't thought of already.
    On the other hand, Childress is no slouch either....a rookie HC, but he has potential.
    My mind may just be a little clouded over due to Meathead being the coach for the past few years, but I do have faith in Childress to put together a decent game plan.

Keep fighting the good fight, it's good to see that you're keeping the Cards fans honest and the radio talk show hosts honest.
    You'll have to listen to and call into the 'Pillage and Plunder' radio show hosted by this site on Sunday evenings at 8 p.m. CST (see front page of site) and give the Patriots perspective.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NEM" wrote:
    I am the founder, the first president, and the President Emeritus of the New England Patriots Fan Club Of Arizona.
    Welcome, NEM!
    We're always glad to see fans of other teams who actually want to discuss the upcoming game rather than just scream and yell - and disappear after their team loses!

;D

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NEM
    NEM is offline Waterboy

It's possible that our pro bowl DL , Richard Seymour, might have to sit out this game with an injured hand.
    Its not known yet.

However, his replacement, Jarvis Green, gets very little recognition because he doesnt play that often,but even with short time, he leads the team in sacks with, I believe, 4.

One of our weaknesses, IMO, is that our new OC is very very young, only 28 years old and I believe that he is still going through the learning process.

Lord knows I have tried to give him my help.

But, now with all of the wide receivers in tact (last week was the first game all season they have played, except for Gaffney, and he will be redy this week)....the passing game should pick up, and with the threat of Maroney and Dillon, the Pats offense, IMO, is due for an explosive game.

BTW, one of our posters came up with a good nickname for the Dillon/Maroney combo...
    he callse them
    Dillaroni.

Sounds like a good pasta dish.

Anyway, if our offense really rounds into shape this Monday, I would hope that our OC takes advantage of what is, probably your weakest spot, the secondary.

In either case, this game can be won by either team...both are good teams and with you guys playing at home, that is a big plus for the Vikes.

NEM
    NEM is offline Waterboy

"singersp" wrote:
    Welcome to the site NEM.

To add an avatar, first on the left side of the site select "Your Account".

Then under "Modify Profile" select
    "Forum Profile Information".

The first 3 options there are for your avatar. The top option is for choosing an already existing avatar from this site.

The second option is used if your avatar is being brought in from a photo sharing site such as Photobucket.
    You simply put in the HTTP address for the image.

The third option is for uploading an avatar from your hard drive.

When you have the one you want, select "Change Profile" at the bottom of the profile setting page.

The avatar you use must be no bigger than 80x80 and 6 KB's in size.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks.
    I think I have it now.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the site NEM!
    I have been over to PatsFan.com, and I have to say that I am impressed with the level of conversation taking place there.
    So many fan sites just have delusional fans preaching their team up but not backing up their arguements with facts.
    Or making excuses when they lose.
    The Pat fans I have come across so far are above that.

This will be a great game on Monday.
    The Pats are playing very well, and I agree that maroney is the best back to come out of this year's draft.

The game is going to be a difficult one for both sides.
    Our run defense will make you one dimensional, forcing you to attack through the air, where we are more vulnerable.
    Our ball control offense will keep your defense on the field, but is not the high scoring Minesota offense of yesteryear.
    The crowd at the dome will be INSANE, which can mess with a lot of teams.
    However, the Pats have been very disciplined on both sides of the ball this year, committing very little penalities.

I predict a 20-14 win for the Vikings.
    Whatever happens, here's to a good game with no injuries.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NEM
    NEM is offline Waterboy

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Welcome to the site NEM!
    I have been over to PatsFan.com, and I have to say that I am impressed with the level of conversation taking place there.
    So many fan sites just have delusional fans preaching their team up but not backing up their arguements with facts.
    Or making excuses when they lose.
    The Pat fans I have come across so far are above that.

This will be a great game on Monday.
    The Pats are playing very well, and I agree that maroney is the best back to come out of this year's draft.

The game is going to be a difficult one for both sides.
    Our run defense will make you one dimensional, forcing you to attack through the air, where we are more vulnerable.
    Our ball control offense will keep your defense on the field, but is not the high scoring Minesota offense of yesteryear.
    The crowd at the dome will be INSANE, which can mess with a lot of teams.
    However, the Pats have been very disciplined on both sides of the ball this year, committing very little penalities.

I predict a 20-14 win for the Vikings.
    Whatever happens, here's to a good game with no injuries.
    In order to get our running game going...if I were calling the plays, of course.... I would open up with the quick short, and mid range passing game that Brady is very comfortable with.
    I belive that we now have the solid group of receivers to accomplish this, plus Ben Watson a tight end with WR speed.

If we can get that going early, this would force your linebackers out of the box and, possibly, open up some of the gaps to get our running game in gear.

Both Maroney and Dillon have had outstanding seasons thus far and they compliment each other very well.

The presence of Marone is allowing Dillon to last longer...he gets breaks now as the two of them split the carries pretty close to 50/50
    and this works out perfect for Dillon as his body is a little older now.

Getting Dillon from Cincy was one of the bigest steals ever.

The Pats, for some reason, seem to grab one aging player a year that is hungy for a title.
    First Rodney Harrison, then Corey Dillon, and now this season, Junior Seau.
    And they all begin toplay like youngsters again once they put onthat Pats uniform.
    Must be the "fountain of youth in Foxboro.

These guys add more than their on field presence..they add a locker room attitude that just exudes confidence.

Anyway, Ihope we come out passing.
    That is my style of game....but this year, we have the running game to compliment t.

I am a firm believer in that you must attack your opponents weakness and not play into their strength... that is why I would pass first, run second, against the Vikes.

Hell, I would even open up in the no huddle............

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

You mentioned your o-line being young.
    What's up with your o-line this year?
    I haven't followed them much.
    The Pats have faced some formidable Ds against the Donkeys, Bungles, and Fish and have done well.
    My guess is you will see something similar in your output as you did against the Donkeys.
    Tomlin and the boys will be forcing hurries on Brady and hopefully a few sacks/Ints.
    I agree with what the Pats need to do, but I'm sure that Tomlin sees that crystal ball too.
    Damn, I'm excited for this game.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NEM" wrote:
    Hell, I would even open up in the no huddle............
    We have already seen that a no huddle offense on the opening drive can catch the Vikings D off guard.
    This team is about making adjustments throughout the game, and the no huddle makes that difficult.
    But a team can't run the no huddle all night, and Tomlin is very good at making second half adjustments on defense.

Your strategy of opening up with short to medium passes is a fairly sound one, and this is what I expect the Pats to do.
    However, our run defense isn't built around loading up the box.
    Our front four can be stiffling by themselves.
    Your OL needs to be able to keep them off the QB long enough for a reciever or TE to open up.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NEM
    NEM is offline Waterboy

"Acumen" wrote:
    You mentioned your o-line being young.
    What's up with your o-line this year?
    I haven't followed them much.
    The Pats have faced some formidable Ds against the Donkeys, Bungles, and Fish and have done well.
    My guess is you will see something similar in your output as you did against the Donkeys.
    Tomlin and the boys will be forcing hurries on Brady and hopefully a few sacks/Ints.
    I agree with what the Pats need to do, but I'm sure that Tomlin sees that crystal ball too.
    gol 'darnit, I'm excited for this game.
    Our O line is developing into one of the best in the NFL.
    A few years ago we drafted Matt Light and he has been a mainstay at LT.
    Two years ago we shocked the NFL when we drafted two offensive linemen with our first two picks, but they have worked out great.
    In their rookie seasons, they were forced to step right in, due to injuries, and they performed fantastic.
    Both of them are a little older than the average college grad and they seemed to be mature.
    Logan Mankins and Nick Kaczur (sp)
    Kaczur has been injured most of this season so far but is due back.

Dan Koppen at center just signed along term contract and Steve Neal and young Ryan O'Callaghan, a free agent, has worked right into a starting position on the right side.

These guys, for their age, are awesome and give Brady fantastic protection and have opened some good holes for Dillon and Maroney.

And they can only get better withmore experience.

On top of that, Brady seems to have 8 eyes, with unbelievable pocket presence.

I am excited about this game too....a win by the Pats puts us at 6-1 and some home games coming up.....

I can remember when other fans were NOT excited about the Pats coming in to their town....things have changed.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast