Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

Re: World's Biggest Patriot Fan Here.....

okay... for you saying jackson and gabriel are better then branch thats crazy.. yeah they both had td catches but comon jackson cuaght one ball... but maroney is amazing but is gonna have a hard time against are d and so is dillion... but the one guy the pats shouldnt have traded last year was bethel johnson cuz his coming out next week and gonna have a huge game... watch for a cuople huge plays by him and then well just wear down that d with are steady o and come out witha victory

CynicalVike is offline Starter

Welcome!!

Hope you like us as much come Tuesday as you do today!! ;D

I agree with you too,....Maroney was the best RB in the last draft. I just wish we could have gotten him.

Enjoy your stay with us, and I promise you when you leave, you'll think of us as the best fans you ever met.......well, besides maybe your own.
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

Welcome!It has taken the pats fans a while to find their way to our site.Anyway i think you guys got the best rb in the draft.I was hoping that we would get him but we got chester and im not complaining! ;DThis game is gonna be awesome!Im a little worried that tom brady has never lost in a dome b4 but all thing must come to an end and hopefully it happens this week!

NEM
    NEM is offline Waterboy

I honestly think that as this season goes on, and these receivers get more on the page with Brady, they will actually be better than Branch and Givens.

Branch is a good receiver but I think Jackson will eclipse him
    as he plays more and more.
    Jackson has more height than Branch.
    Branch also has been very injury prone.

Gabriel looks like the real deal.
    Most of the writers in Oakland were shocked that the Raiders let him go as they had him penned in ahead of Porter and right behind Moss.

He too has some good height.

Gaffney had great credentials but hasnt fully lived up to his press clippings YET.

The key is Tom Brady...he makes average receivers better, and good receivers, he makes them great.

David Givens, for example, wont have as much success without Tom.
    Tom , IMO, made Givens
    a better receiver than what he actually is.

Maroney had been nothing short of spectacular.

I cant even put into words the excitement he generates almost every time he touches the ball.
    I have been watching NFL football for almost 50 years and I have never seen anything quite like him.

Unfortunately, I really dont know much about the Vikings, seeing as they are NFC and most of the time I spend watching AFC teams to keep up with who is where, and the race for playoff spots, home field advantage, etc.

I am gld that you guys won last Sunday in Seattle because I certainly wouldnt want to face the Vikes if they had lost and then to come home in front of their fans knowing that they cant lose another one.

As usually is the case, the Pats just dont seem to get much respect...but all they seem to do is win.

It has been a great run for us these past years.
    I believe that it can,and will,k still continue for a few more years, especially as long as Belichick stays with the team.

For me, being a fan as long as I have, since the beginning, and going through all of those long and rough seasons....this has been special.

Iamnot one that believes in the word "dynasty" and quite frankly, I didnt like it when they started using the word to describe the Patriots.

There are good teams, and there are bad teams, and right now we are a good team.
    That will not always be the case.

But for now, because I have been with this team for so long, it is a great feeling.

I know that you guys have yet to win a Super Bowl, even though you have been there, I believe four times....

Let me tell you this, when you do win your first one, and some day it WILL happen, it will be an experience that you will never forget, never.

I'll pop in here, now and then, to keep up with what is going on in Viking Ville....

And who knows, we may meet again in February, in Miami.
    I would like that.

[img width=80 height=80]http://xs102.xs.to/xs102/06241/NEM.gif[/img]

BTW, NEM stands for [glow=red,2,300]New England Mike.[/glow]

When I arrived in Arizona, in 1988, I began calling many local sports talk programs on the radio.
    Out here, in Phoenix, there are many,many people from all over the USA.
    They come here to live because of the weather.

And most of them have retained their loyalties to the teams they rooted for back in their home towns.

Many have nicknames.
    Dodger Mike, Viking George, Green Bay Doug, and me New England Mike...and many others....

One of the radio hosts that I got to know quite well began calling me NEM, and it has stuck since then..and I use it on all my internet message boards, etc... I have become quite infamous in Arizona, and on the internet...if I say so myself.
    Sometimes not to good though...

Cardinal
    fans hate me because I tell it like it is, and they dont like that, so they ban me.....
    I find Cardinal fans to be quite naive... But, I feel for them, too...a long history of suffering.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Welcome aboard!
    ;D ;D ;D

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

NEM

Best fan from another team ever!

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

i have been posting over the last few days on some pats boards.. i usually find at least 1 board from another team and do some posts.. This was the first I used my normal nic.. and have been suprised on the mostly unbiased discussions we've been having.

i really am not that suprised that L.Mar. is doing great over there, he was a beast for the UofM and i knew he would be something special in the NFL.

good luck with the rest of the season. and i'd really enjoy a good SB or the pats vs vikings!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

Welcome to the site!

While I won't go into much detail or predict anything as I never do, this will be an extremely hard game simply because of Tom Brady, I mean the guy scares me and I don't even have to play him.

Fact of the matter is we have some shotty CB's Whitaker has given up big play after big play while Smoot and Griffin are very inconsistent and Winfield really isn't much of a cover corner but is without a doubt our best CB. If the Pat's don't get their running game going, Brady has a high probability to pick us apart.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the board NEM, good to hear views from our opponents for this weeks game.
    Always had respect for Patriots fans and especially those who go way back and have been through the lean times that they have had. So it was good to see them get success at last and for it to be more than a blip - unlike some teams!
    Look forward to seeing pop in during the week - and be sure to keep telling those Cardinal fans how it is.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Welcome to the site NEM.

I'm looking forward to this monday night game, but I'm affraid of what will come out of it.

I believe there are two keys to the game:

1. The Patriots have recievers that can catch, and Brady will have a shot at picking our zone defense to pieces.

2. We'll have trouble establishing our run game against your defense. It'll be tough getting around the corner, so I think the key will get succes on the inside between Hutch and Birk.

All in all I see an advantage New England, but we're at home, and it'll be loud inside the dome.

I predict a close game, and it could - as so often before - be desided on turnovers.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast