Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 23 of 23
  1. #21
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Will the Vikes pull through against Philli?

    "Richie_the_K" wrote:
    "seth in 736" wrote:
    No question that wasn't a TD, you're right.


    NOW, why didn't Tice throw out that lil red flag to challenge it?
    Yeah, and we won by 11...what's your point? It has nothing to do with the upcoming game...they get another chance to avenge that bad call if your team rises to the challenge.
    Won by 11, that is true...but the non-TD changed the complexion of the game...it would have played out at least somewhat different than the end of it did...I am not saying that the Vikes would have won...but we will never know because the refs blew the call!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  2. #22
    mikey418 is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    21

    Will the Vikes pull through against Philli?

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Richie_the_K" wrote:
    "seth in 736" wrote:
    No question that wasn't a TD, you're right.


    NOW, why didn't Tice throw out that lil red flag to challenge it?
    Yeah, and we won by 11...what's your point? It has nothing to do with the upcoming game...they get another chance to avenge that bad call if your team rises to the challenge.
    Won by 11, that is true...but the non-TD changed the complexion of the game...it would have played out at least somewhat different than the end of it did...I am not saying that the Vikes would have won...but we will never know because the refs blew the call!
    Yes, that did change the complexion of the game, but you're forgetting something important. That play came on a first down while the Eagles were at mid-field. Chances were that if that play hadn't been ruled a TD, the Eagles would have drove, taken more time off the clock, and the Vikes may not have had time to score that late Randy Moss TD. The Vikes defense really never stopped the Eagles offense, which was only stopped by a Westbrook fumble and a penalty on the other series.

    Point is, it's hard to say the outcome would have been different with the way the Minny defense was playing and how effective the Philly offense was.

    Both teams are different this time around. Eagles are better defensively and are pretty much a 'secret' on offense without TO. They've had 4 weeks off essentially and players are starting to let it leak that the offense will look a bit different come Sunday. Minny on the other hand will be playing their 3rd road game in a row, in the cold (very cold on Sunday in Philly), and are banged up on both sides of the ball. Philly is healthy with the exception of TO. I just think that the Vikes have too much to overcome to win this game. If the game took place with both teams at equal health, in good weather, and with equal schedules (meaning traveling), the game would be a toss up. That said, I think the winner of this game will be the NFC representative in the Super Bowl.

  3. #23
    seth in 736 is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    32

    Will the Vikes pull through against Philli?

    "..better question, why didn't the refs call it a non-catch...answer, because they are blind!"



    OK, fair enuff. At least you all arent like the Skins fans who think there is a conspiracey against your club headed by the commisioner and carried out by the Refs on a wkly basis.

    Carry on.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. One More Reason To Pull For The Colts.
    By VikesSince74 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-29-2010, 10:18 AM
  2. Would you pull for Green Bay (ever) ?
    By StillPurple in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 11-28-2007, 04:39 AM
  3. How the 'Skins gonna pull this one off?
    By rdknieff in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-13-2006, 09:07 AM
  4. What will he pull next?
    By DemonicViking in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-03-2005, 02:06 AM
  5. New England defense or Philli defense???
    By purpleFavreEaters in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-28-2004, 11:33 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •