Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Will the Vikes pull through against Philli?

SKOL is a Scandinavian term that basically means "to drink". Vikings fans use it as a way to say "we rule" or to celebrate.

By the way, not many Vikings fans in Texas. I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and am glad to know our Vikings fan base is growing in Texas.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Richie_the_K is offline Training Camp

Re: Will the Vikes pull through against Philli?

"givemossthetoss" wrote:
    "Richie_the_K" wrote:
    "Potus2028" wrote:
    Me and my amigos down here in Texas are having some heated deabte....
    I say without TO, the vikings can't lose to the Eagles...
    What are your predictions on the game Sunday, and will we be able to win now that TO is out of the line up?

(still dont know what SKOL means)
    :king:
    Can't lose to the Eagles, huh? That's pretty bold considering your team was 8-8 and the Eagles were 13-3 and they are at home. Not to mention, the Eagles really only lost one game playing the lineup you will see out there on Sunday.
    The vikes will win beacuse...

1. No T.O.
    2. If our defense plays like it did Sunday, we will shut down McNabb and Westbrook.
    3. Starters havent played in a while, their gonna be a little rusty.
    4.We can easily shut down Pinkston and Mitchell.

So we should go to NFC championship game. :cheers:
    1. No TO obviously hurts, he's a great player. But for the guys who are saying McNabb hasn't played without TO, McNabb is the Eagles all time playoff wins leader at QB. He's never had TO in the playoffs and he got all those victories some how....with less talent than Pinkston and Freddie Mitchell....remember Charles Johnson, Torrence Small and Na Brown? I wouldn't blame you if you didn't!!! They were stiffs. Oh, and McNabb had one drive without TO against the Rams, 3 for 3, and a TD. Looked pretty good to me. The team averaged in the mid 20's the past few years in points, they could score before, TO just made them explosive.

2. Don't expect McNabb to throw 4 picks like Favre did. McNabb takes care of the football unlike that guy. You're defense played okay, Green Bay still moved the ball on them, they came up with the turnovers. And let's face it, some of those throws were brutal. If you didn't have 4 turnovers, even with a 17-0 lead you probably would have lost that game. Turnovers kills and the Eagles take care of the ball. You won't have Favre chucking up ducks and Ahman green laying it on the turf all game come next week.

3. The only layoff I see might affect the QB and receivers, the defense is raring to go, and I don't see how a layoff is gonna hurt the running back. The timing of the routes might be affected, but the defense will keep us in it for a while until that comes around...assuming they are rusty at all. That's a theory that's being thrown around a whole lot with not a lot of fact to back it up. It's not like they haven't been practicing or playing at all. They get a great week of practice in and who cares if they don't play on Sunday for a few weeks. I think it's a smokescreen as to how the Eagles might lose....Vegas tells the real story....9 - 10 point favorites...I'll take their opinion over half the analysts that try to make up stories.

4. They don't need big games...Eagles spread the ball around. If Pinky and Michell each get a few balls, Greg Lewis gets some balls, Westbrook and Levens, Josh Parry, and especially our tight ends, Chad Lewis and LJ Smith get involved, you can't key on one guy. McNabb goes through his reads and hits the open guy. And I wouldn't be surprised if they start out going deep to Pinkston right at the start. Westbrook is a nightmare to cover when split out wide or coming out of the backfield as well. Teams started putting corners on him and he still got the ball. What are you gonna do, put Winfield on our RB??? If you do that, you're not shutting down the receivers, even if they are just average. Reid works the matchups, I'm confident he has found something he can exploit in your defense. He isn't undefeated for nothing coming off a bye week as head coach of the Eagles. 11-0 after bye weeks regular season and playoffs. You'll just be 12

"Potus2028" wrote:
    Come on, the eagles wouldnt be where they are if TO would have got hurt day one..
    Eagles were number 1 seed last year in a stronger NFC......without TO

I think you guys forget that this has had an above average offense without TO in the past. Add to that a strong defense and a very strong special teams unit. This is a solid all around squad. It's not a team built around one player which seems to be some popular thought since he got hurt. He made them explosive, but he didn't make them. That's what people outside of Philly don't want to admit.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Potus2028" wrote:
    I like what was said about not playing a whole game with out TO, and the rusty defense.
    And about playing at home.. we beat the Packers 2/3 times in two years at Lambough.. an extremely hard field to play at...
    Come on, the eagles wouldnt be where they are if TO would have got hurt day one.. just like the vikes wouldnt be anywhere w/o burleson to back up moss...
    the eagles dont have anybody explosive to back up TO like we had burleson to back up for moss. all the eagles great stas came with TO..
    a good defense may win champinships.. but thats only if their offense can get points.. out offense is better than their defense right now...
    this should be an obvious vikes win
    by the way.. the vike fans down here in texas really like burleson... being that thats the town we live in.. go burleson, texas.. cool huh

(WHAT IS SKOL!!!???)
    There is someone else here that is from Burleson, TX...I passed through it myself a few weeks ago, when I went deer hunting just outside Marble Falls...I used to live in Mesquite and Plano some years ago and my in-laws still live in Corinth and Lewisville.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

seth in 736 is offline Training Camp

New to the site, an Iggle fan.

Some things I think SOME of you are forgetting, some of which Richie The K has noted:

The conf. was better last season, Birds still had HFA- No.1 seed.

There was no T.O last yr, and now there IS a healthy Westbrook. I think you'll remember that name come Sunday evenning.

The replacement Tackle, Goldberg, is going to have his hands FULL dealin with Kearse Sunday- in the week two tilt, Kearse was all over 'Peppers, granted, without officially registering a sack. But IMO he was the player of the game. The fact that the ABC crew agreed with me and put him on the trailer doesnt change my mind- theyre idiots tho.

I realize the Vikes just won up in Lambeau, but theyre callin for temps at kickoff, with the windchill, at around 9 degrees. Its tough to win on the road, period. Tougher to win when youre a dome team. Tougher still to put THREE ROAD WINS TOGETHER CONSECUTIVELY, WHEN WEATHER IS A FACTOR AND YOU ARE A DOME TEAM.

Moss will play, im sure, he is a warrior. However, he will be tender and not 100%. With the great secondary Philly has, this MAY make things a tad more even. I say a TAD b/'c Moss is too much for the best corners in the league, Im aware, but a dinged up Moss?

Pressure on Peppers will be the key, and I believe that Jim Johnson will be able to get adequate pressure on Peppers without a ton of Blitzing.

Trotter startin in the middle, a big LB with wheels, can adequately shut down any running game - esp. without the talents of Moe Williams who can move a pile moreso than the other lighter, faster backs you feature.

Philly is a tough place to play and far louder than Lambeau. I think this will also wreak havoc with the OL and pickin up assignments at the line as well as the snap count (as in wk 2 if you recall the multiple false start penalties vs the Vikes)

I will take Reid coachin my team over the moron Tice any day of the week, i dont think even you guys would question that.

I think Minnesota is a good offense, but a bad D. I think the game vs GB was more of an exception rather than the rule and Minnesota is goin to be on the end of a double digit loss when 4 pm rolls around.

Best o luck.

"seth in 736" wrote:
    New to the site, an Iggle fan.

Some things I think SOME of you are forgetting, some of which Richie The K has noted:

The conf. was better last season, Birds still had HFA- No.1 seed.

There was no T.O last yr, and now there IS a healthy Westbrook. I think you'll remember that name come Sunday evenning.

The replacement Tackle, Goldberg, is going to have his hands FULL dealin with Kearse Sunday- in the week two tilt, Kearse was all over 'Peppers, granted, without officially registering a sack. But IMO he was the player of the game. The fact that the ABC crew agreed with me and put him on the trailer doesnt change my mind- theyre idiots tho.

I realize the Vikes just won up in Lambeau, but theyre callin for temps at kickoff, with the windchill, at around 9 degrees. Its tough to win on the road, period. Tougher to win when youre a dome team. Tougher still to put THREE ROAD WINS TOGETHER CONSECUTIVELY, WHEN WEATHER IS A FACTOR AND YOU ARE A DOME TEAM.

Moss will play, im sure, he is a warrior. However, he will be tender and not 100%. With the great secondary Philly has, this MAY make things a tad more even. I say a TAD b/'c Moss is too much for the best corners in the league, Im aware, but a dinged up Moss?

Pressure on Peppers will be the key, and I believe that Jim Johnson will be able to get adequate pressure on Peppers without a ton of Blitzing.

Trotter startin in the middle, a big LB with wheels, can adequately shut down any running game - esp. without the talents of Moe Williams who can move a pile moreso than the other lighter, faster backs you feature.

Philly is a tough place to play and far louder than Lambeau. I think this will also wreak havoc with the OL and pickin up assignments at the line as well as the snap count (as in wk 2 if you recall the multiple false start penalties vs the Vikes)

I will take Reid coachin my team over the silly guy Tice any day of the week, i dont think even you guys would question that.

I think Minnesota is a good offense, but a bad D. I think the game vs GB was more of an exception rather than the rule and Minnesota is goin to be on the end of a double digit loss when 4 pm rolls around.

Best o luck.
    There also won't be any non-catch gift TDs for you guys either!

seth in 736 is offline Training Camp

No question that wasn't a TD, you're right.

NOW, why didn't Tice throw out that lil red flag to challenge it?

"seth in 736" wrote:

Because his guys upstairs didn't have enough time to review it properly...better question, why didn't the refs call it a non-catch...answer, because they are blind!

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

There is someone else here that is from Burleson, TX...I passed through it myself a few weeks ago, when I went deer hunting just outside Marble Falls...I used to live in Mesquite and Plano some years ago and my in-laws still live in Corinth and Lewisville
    hey cajunvike- yea burleson is a pretty sweet town... our football team was 6-0.. we ended 8-2 (a reversal from last years 2-8 ) with an embarassing playoff lost (go marching band at football games by the way)

just the scheer mind set: the vikes beet green bay and lambeau.. wow
    whereas the eagles have been idle at home for a few weeks doing drill..
    vikes have the mental edge...
    i m better than you, so just give up...

"seth in 736" wrote:

Yeah, and we won by 11...what's your point? It has nothing to do with the upcoming game...they get another chance to avenge that bad call if your team rises to the challenge.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast