Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: Why Should I Watch The Lions Game?

Before you guys start coming down hard on me (ops! too late :lol: ) I think you should know that I live in Norway and it's a lot harder to catch the games than it is for you spoiled Americans (just kidding I love you guys!).

To illustrate, here's the difference in how a Norwegian and an American watches NFL:

An average Amercan's day of watching NFL: Sitting down and turning on the TV.

A Norwegian's day of watching NFL: losing some of the excitement as he has to avoid all news that have anything to do with NFL for at least 10 hours after the game is over. Go on the Internet and download the game to the computer which could take up to 3 hours. All this while risking stumbling over some random spoilers. After download, devote many hours to seeding the game because my ratio is extremely low due to bad uploading connection.

I'm telling you. it's not exactly a walk in the park. Maybe I'll just move to the USA just to watch NFL. :lol:

I'm watching it, because it will hype me up for the let down of going to the mall, and watching my wife and kid get hair cuts and spending the money i just got from selling my ps3.

Oh, and even though the last few weeks have been erratic, she's shocked when i tell her they are playing at noon today.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

delviking is offline Starter

because its the vikings and joe webb will start favre is inactive for the game

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "HEY" #1086464
    Before you guys start coming down hard on me (ops! too late :lol: ) I think you should know that I live in Norway and it's a lot harder to catch the games than it is for you spoiled Americans (just kidding I love you guys!).

To illustrate, here's the difference in how a Norwegian and an American watches NFL:

A Norwegian's day of watching NFL: losing some of the excitement as he has to avoid all news that have anything to do with NFL for at least 10 hours after the game is over. Go on the Internet and download the game to the computer which could take up to 3 hours. All this while risking stumbling over some random spoilers. After download, devote many hours to seeding the game because my ratio is extremely low due to bad uploading connection.

I'm telling you. it's not exactly a walk in the park. Maybe I'll just move to the USA just to watch NFL. :lol:
    Dude it is pretty simple to watch the game. Feeds on the internet. It does not matter if you are in Africa or Norway or the USA.

HEY
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1086472
    Dude it is pretty simple to watch the game. Feeds on the internet. It does not matter if you are in Africa or Norway or the USA.
    I think you're forgetting the fact that not everyone has fast Internet connections. The quality is so bad it's not worth it.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Maybe I'll just move to the USA just to watch NFL. :lol:
    Now you're thinking. You catch on quick. :side:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I have been thinking about moving back to the motherland.Maybe we could swap.How is the job market there?

HEY
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1086499

I have been thinking about moving back to the motherland.Maybe we could swap.How is the job market there?
    I'm going to be totally honest with you here: The job marked in Norway is great!

We have a lot of people coming in from other countries because of our high salaries. I believe we have one of, if not the best salaries in the World. Even the "bad" jobs are high paid. A no education job in America where you earn 8 dollars an hour, will approximately be 16 dollars in Norway by comparison. Plus, plenty of job openings even considering all the people who come in from other nations.

Almost half of the workers within the building and business and are East-Europeans from countries like Poland. About half of the workers in the restaurants and shops in the Capital are young people from Sweden who can't get work in their home-country. It's pretty crazy considering Sweden has one of the greatest standards of living, but they still come to Norway for work.

Actually, Norway has had the greatest standard of living in the World for the past decade or something (it's true, just search it up on the United Nations!) and the great job marked is definitely a big bonus.

The welfare over here is so ridiculously good that I think the Government should cut back on it. :lol: I'm serious.

Where do you live in the States?

HEY
    Blog Entries

... So tell me guys. Was it worth watching?

Personally, I'm glad I didn't watch the game. I don't think I could bare another loss this season. Especially not to the fricken Detroit Lions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12