Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What are the Eagles all about and can the Vikes do it again?

Philadelphia has an excellent defense, but their offense hasn't played well since they kicked the snot outta us about two months ago. Since then they managed to barely slink by poor Cowboy and Redskin teams even with TO, and afterwards tanked their last two games and will enter the game with you not having played a real game in a month and not having played a *good* one in two. They are ripe for the picking methinks.

But beware that 'D'--they got a good one and that's usually the difference between a championship team and an also-ran. If you look at it you'll see a top 6 or so team in points allowed wins the championship virtually every year, oftentimes the very best one. Yours is as inconsistant as ours, last week you let almost the worst offense in the league score three TDs on you, while this week you held one of the very best scoring machines to 17.

Atlanta is all smoke and mirrors in my opinion, you can take them I think. They're defense doesn't look good at all versus real offenses, and you sure have one of those. Their offense is about as one-dimensional as the NFL permits. Contain Vick and they're helpless.
    "He either fears his fate too much,
    Or his deserts are small,
    Who dares not put it to the touch,
    To win or lose it all. "

PhillyGirl is offline Starter

"truvikefan" wrote:
    Mitchell is what we call butter fingers. .
    Wha-wha-WHAT?

Freddie Mitchell butterfingers? That first line was all I needed to read to know you have no clue about what you are talking about. Like all receivers, he drops one here or there, but the guy is KNOWN for his clutch BIG TIME first down catches and I'm not just talking 4th and 26. His nicknames include "First Down Freddie" and "FredEx" (as TO says...because he delivers).

And Frozen Tundran, the Eagles were 11-1 and playing 2 teams that they were ABLE to start going vanilla on both defense and offense and still win. Reid started a WHILE ago with the vanilla play. If you watched either game, you'd see how little he showed. Not because Dallas or Washington stopped the Eagles, but because it was that time to start not giving playoff teams tape to watch.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"PhillyGirl" wrote:
    "truvikefan" wrote:
    Mitchell is what we call butter fingers. .
    Wha-wha-WHAT?

Freddie Mitchell butterfingers? That first line was all I needed to read to know you have no clue about what you are talking about. Like all receivers, he drops one here or there, but the guy is KNOWN for his clutch BIG TIME first down catches and I'm not just talking 4th and 26. His nicknames include "First Down Freddie" and "FredEx" (as TO says...because he delivers).

And Frozen Tundran, the Eagles were 11-1 and playing 2 teams that they were ABLE to start going vanilla on both defense and offense and still win. Reid started a WHILE ago with the vanilla play. If you watched either game, you'd see how little he showed. Not because Dallas or Washington stopped the Eagles, but because it was that time to start not giving playoff teams tape to watch.
    Oh my god, she's back! Just kidding Phillygirl, looking forward to the game and hope it turns out the same way this week did!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Philly was beatable in Sept, with TO. Without TO the Vikes definitely have a good shot.

Del Rio Guest

Short answer yep we have the ability to beat the snot out of them.

One thing of interest that not many people have mentioned is the Eagles tight ends. They are a key part to the Eagles offense.

But all in all we have a shot. If the same team that showed up Sunday shows up again I would count on it! Ah what the heck I do count on it :lol:

Here's The Truth About The Vikings Jan. 16th Win

I can say 8-8 team in the Super Bowl it MiaH! This game is a lot like the team we played at the annihilation I call the 9th of January because:

A) Like the games in the regular season against Green Bay, we've shown we can hang with the Eagles as we proved on the 2nd Monday Night Football game this season. We marched up and down the field on Philadelphia's D. And we would've won that game too, but the refs F'd up and didn't call Daunte's QB sneak on the goal line a TD when it wasn't a fumble.

B) Randy and the boys are motivated by the media.

Now what do you guys think about that analysis?

- Kevin K from the westside of Milwaukee, WI

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

as of right now i honestly see the vikings in the superbowl, as of right now im already worrying about the steelers and patriots

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

We have very good shot at Philly. we played them tough the first time in week 2, but we had some mistakes. The game was closer than the score indicated. and the vikes are a team noone wants to play in my opinion.

But we'll see, inconsistency has been our thing this year. I know we have a little momentum and confidence and it's a new season, but I'm still skeptical of how/what team is going to show up...

BUt that win at Lambeau was sweeeeet wasn't it!!!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Here's The Truth About The Vikings Jan. 16th Win

"WIsBiggestVikingsFan" wrote:
    I can say 8-8 team in the Super Bowl it MiaH! This game is a lot like the team we played at the annihilation I call the 9th of January because:

A) Like the games in the regular season against Green Bay, we've shown we can hang with the Eagles as we proved on the 2nd Monday Night Football game this season. We marched up and down the field on Philadelphia's D. And we would've won that game too, but the refs F'd up and didn't call Daunte's QB sneak on the goal line a TD when it wasn't a fumble.

B) Randy and the boys are motivated by the media.

Now what do you guys think about that analysis?

- Kevin K from the westside of Milwaukee, WI
    Actually the goaline fumble WAS a fumble, but it was the three field goals in the redzone and the fumble that killed us not to mention that lack of a challenge that got TO his touchdown, when he bobled it....The ref's messed that play up big time...

BUt this playoff game was the best all around performance we've had all year.

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

The Vikings should have beaten the Eagles in the regular season but lets put that one behind us and concentrate on winning this Sunday. Do not forget about McNabb he must be contained.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast