Thread: We Declare War.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: We Declare War.

"dfosterf" wrote:
    "PolarGrizz" wrote:
    dfosterf

Who the hell is nick?

Did Vikesrule Pass away?

He is probably the nicest fellow to be found on these forums, Grizz.

Where he is, I do not know.

And where the hell are you in the aftermath of a loss?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Polar is probably in shock after Cutler declared Farve the best QB in the NFCN.
    dfosterf is curled up in the fetal position mumbling to himself.
    Rockmolder is passed out after staying up for 48 hours to watch his team LOSE! ;D ;D ;D

"Bkfldviking" wrote:
    Rockmolder is passed out after staying up for 48 hours to watch his team LOSE! ;D ;D ;D
    Something like that, lol. You're pretty correct on Foster. He won't stop mumbling the number 8. And something about some Rodeo-ass.

That said, congrats on the win. You outplayed us on both lines. Our offensive line play was utterly embarrassing. Don't get me wrong, Allen's a great player, but giving up 8 sacks is never acceptable. Especially not if you have as mobile a QB as we have.

Then our D-line/OLBs... We had some great gap control. Problem is, we're not playing the 2008 Vikings, we're playing the 2009 ones. Stopping the run isn't stopping the entire team anymore. I asume that the vanilla schemes where just to stop AP, although that still doesn't explain to me why we keep on sending 3 on 3rd and 15 situations.

Again, congratulations. Clifton will be back next week. Tauscher is about to be signed. Our next battle should be a better one. One where Rodgers can show what he can do with some time. I'll go as far as saying that he'll be one of the best in the league if he gets some time, if not the best. Don't know if Clifton and Tauscher will get us that, but it'll be better than this debacle.

Oh yeah, and I want to thank Chilly for that first down. Can someone explain the man what that red flag is for?
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"PolarGrizz" wrote:
    Well Viking Kiddies, now that all of this fun is done I will exit stage left until my return when my Bears Beat You in the near future
    You don't get off that easy limp lip!
    You're here now. You are owned, as usual.

You can have pre-season wet dreams of Vikings dominance as the Packtards did.

But now you know, we own the bearers of sheep,aka Packers.

All we ask for you is
    to get in line.

For you are next.

Stick around so we can have fun with your misbegotten folly as well.

For what joy you are about to bring amongst us.

I believe it is your time to spew!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Rockmolder" wrote:
    "Bkfldviking" wrote:
    Something like that, lol. You're pretty correct on Foster. He won't stop mumbling the number 8. And something about some Rodeo-ass.

That said, congrats on the win. You outplayed us on both lines. Our offensive line play was utterly embarrassing. Don't get me wrong, Allen's a great player, but giving up 8 sacks is never acceptable. Especially not if you have as mobile a QB as we have.

Then our D-line/OLBs... We had some great gap control. Problem is, we're not playing the 2008 Vikings, we're playing the 2009 ones. Stopping the run isn't stopping the entire team anymore. I asume that the vanilla schemes where just to stop AP, although that still doesn't explain to me why we keep on sending 3 on 3rd and 15 situations.

Again, congratulations. Clifton will be back next week. Tauscher is about to be signed. Our next battle should be a better one. One where Rodgers can show what he can do with some time. I'll go as far as saying that he'll be one of the best in the league if he gets some time, if not the best. Don't know if Clifton and Tauscher will get us that, but it'll be better than this debacle.

Oh yeah, and I want to thank Chilly for that first down. Can someone explain the man what that red flag is for?
    Will it be? I'm very interested to see what happens when GB realizes that they just can't stop AD this year. He is going to go off in Lambeau, I can feel it. Also, we are much less mistake-prone this year.

On the other hand, you will be able to see what strategy the veteran 3-4 defenses (BAL and PIT) employ against us.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"PolarGrizz" wrote:
    Well Viking Kiddies, now that all of this fun is done I will exit stage left until my return when my Bears Beat You in the near future
    I guess it's time to get back to your woman. We understand.
    Just don't let the door hit your ass on the way out ;D

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

omg, I really think I'm gonna hurl

"V" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:
    "Bkfldviking" wrote:
    Something like that, lol. You're pretty correct on Foster. He won't stop mumbling the number 8. And something about some Rodeo-jiggly butt.

Will it be? I'm very interested to see what happens when GB realizes that they just can't stop AD this year. He is going to go off in Lambeau, I can feel it. Also, we are much less mistake-prone this year.

On the other hand, you will be able to see what strategy the veteran 3-4 defenses (BAL and PIT) employ against us.
    I make an entire appreciation post and that's what you pick out of it.

Yes, I do think that our next match will be a better one. I have no reason to believe that Peterson will be that much better. I don't think that he'll avg 2.2 YPC again, being injured and all, but our defense showed that they can contain backs quite well. By our next game, we should be able to combine gap control and pressure a bit better.

You can read the rest in my orignial post. Rodgers will get more than 1.5 seconds in our next game. It still won't be very long, but if he can make things happen with this amount of time, he should only be better when Clifton and Tauscher are back.

And that'll be sure to scar me for life. Ty, Uffda.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Rockmolder" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:
    "Bkfldviking" wrote:
    Something like that, lol. You're pretty correct on Foster. He won't stop mumbling the number 8. And something about some Rodeo-jiggly butt.

Yes, I do think that our next match will be a better one. I have no reason to believe that Peterson will be that much better. I don't think that he'll avg 2.2 YPC again, being injured and all, but our defense showed that they can contain backs quite well. By our next game, we should be able to combine gap control and pressure a bit better.

You can read the rest in my orignial post. Rodgers will get more than 1.5 seconds in our next game. It still won't be very long, but if he can make things happen with this amount of time, he should only be better when Clifton and Tauscher are back.

I read you're entire post. It had a lot of facts in it. Not much I could comment on...Anyways, you have a right to be optimistic. The reality is that the next game is very far down the road and so much will happen between now and then, with very little of it being predictable, let alone the game itself. I'm just saying that I saw a defense that was over committed to stopping the run and thus liable against the pass. Will you get better of will you play more of a balanced defense? AD will see more holes if the latter happens IMO.

As far as Rodgers goes, he is definitely dangerous given time. I'm hoping that we can eliminate the big play in the future. That is the only thing that hurt our D in that game. If we do that, I think we'll be fine. GB couldn't sustain long drives against us.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler

"V" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:
    "Bkfldviking" wrote:

I read you're entire post. It had a lot of facts in it. Not much I could comment on...Anyways, you have a right to be optimistic. The reality is that the next game is very far down the road and so much will happen between now and then, with very little of it being predictable, let alone the game itself. I'm just saying that I saw a defense that was over committed to stopping the run and thus liable against the pass. Will you get better of will you play more of a balanced defense? AD will see more holes if the latter happens IMO.

As far as Rodgers goes, he is definitely dangerous given time. I'm hoping that we can eliminate the big play in the future. That is the only thing that hurt our D in that game. If we do that, I think we'll be fine. GB couldn't sustain long drives against us.
    not saying much... Tjack can be dangerous given time too... David Carr could have been dangerous give time... Shoot Shawn Hill is a gloried third stringer, but he's getting plenty of time to throw in San Fran and is a top 5 QB on 3rd downs because of it. The time arguement means very little.
    The pukers can't keep their oline healthy and who knows maybe next time it will be KWill with 4 sacks.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast