Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    FeartheFreak is offline Training Camp

Wait Til You Read This

Prepare to watch history in the making!
    Sorry, Red Sox did that this year. You'll just repeat your history of losing 2 games and winning 1. You lost 2 heading into GB and won. Now you lose.

where the Eagle D
    has 3 out of 4 in the pro bowl (Overrated)
    Kept Fro Boy in check with 8 catches for 69 yds. Got one TD that was too little, too late.

(I guess that "vaunted" defense had NOTHING to do with your team's record this year).
    It did, like it's supposed to.

that's OK, your media darling QB will be outshone by our QB this week and he will be able to console himself in Hawaii like Marino had to do every year.
    He had that chance in Week 2, he didn't come through. He just fumble the ball away on the goal line.

We will be scoring TDs, so no need for Mort to kick FGs.
    Sure you will against the top team in the NFC for fewest points per game, in the NFL we are only behind the Steelers and Pats. Mort better be ready to kick a lot of field goals, just like he did last time. He may get 1 or 2 PAT's, that's it.

Last I checked, you guys weren't hoisting Lombardi trophies any time in my lifetime.
    Same goes for you.

Anything is better than going to Philly, PU
    Well, guys like TO, Kearse, Thome and Jeremy Roenick seemed to like it enough to come to Philly.
    [b:c9f39b7d76]One team. One City. One Dream.[/b:c9f39b7d76]
    [img:c9f39b7d76]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/swflyers8/Eagles%20Stuff/img7702873.jpg[/img:c9f39b7d76]

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

Wait Til You Read This

"FeartheFreak" wrote:
    Well, guys like TO, Kearse, Thome and Jeremy Roenick seemed to like it enough to come to Philly.
    Come on now, lets not move into other sports. I can't diss the Flyers, that's my team.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

Richie_the_K is offline Training Camp

Wait Til You Read This

"TheAnimal93" wrote:
    ol stinnky gap didnt have anything to say about #11 and his stat vs his almighty blitz.

i am sure they will have a little extra cooked up for him tho. he can handle it too. he is getting better at making those decisions.
    I know Jim Johnson's reputation as a guy who brings the blitz all the time. But to be honest, he doesn't blitz as much as he used to this year, because of the strength of his defensive line. When you get pressure from the front four, why bring somebody extra and take them out of coverage. He only blitzes now usually in 3rd and long situations or down in the red zone with a shortened field. If you look at the stats there are lots of teams that blitz a whole lot more than the Eagles do. The thing with Jim Johnson is he brings it from anywhere and disguises who he brings with his different formations. So you really won't see the same blitz twice. That's what makes his defensive blitzing scheme so effective. And Culpepper has that rating against the blitz because you're offensive line is good and gives him protection. If you don't get to the QB when you blitz, it's trouble, especially against a guy like Daunte. That stat doesn't scare me all that much though, it's consistent with his season stats. He's put up numbers, no doubt. But it hasn't always translated in success in the win column.

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

Wait Til You Read This

"shorebird" wrote:
    "The Gap" wrote:
    How can I make it up to you “good football knowin posters?”
    Easy man, what do you expect from a state that elected a ex-pro wrestler for it's gov.?

All this talk about Culpepper and how good he is makes me wonder. What has he won? He has good stats, but thats it. His teams lose, he isn't a leader, and never will be on the Vike's as long as thug Moss is on the team. He's had some great starts the past two years and fell flat on his face in the second half both years. In the clutch, he falls short. He just doesn't have what it takes to lead his team and put them on his back and win. He's a hell of an athlete, yes, but it stops there. It takes more than skills to win in the NFL, as us Eagle fans know, and Vike's fans should too, after watching Randall Cunningham play.

Yeah, go ahead and talk about the three championship game losses, but remember, we didn't have Westbrook for the playoffs and still made the championship game before McNabb went down again. Dmac is gonna' carve your secondary up like a deep fried turkey on Thanksgiving.
    What does being an ex-wrestler have to do with being the governor? Nothing. Also, the "good football knowin posters" was from an Eagles fan. :thumbleft:

Culpepper is a great QB and our losing in the second half of the season is a coaching problem, not a Culpepper problem. You'll see how good of a leader he can be after he's throwing TDs to the "thug" and co. this weekend in the Vikings win over the Eagles.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Wait Til You Read This

Since you love birds so much... :thebirdman: , right here guys.

SKOL Vikings!!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Wait Til You Read This

"The Gap" wrote:
    This is sort of like a game:
    It’s I’ll give you a fact that would favor Philadelphia and you guys try to spin it in favor of Minnesota.
    Mr. CajunVike seems to be the unofficial winner. He could have gotten a job in the George Bush re-election committee. I didn't vote for Bush...so I wouldn't have worked for him...guess you didn't see our political forum in action during the election...oh yeah, you weren't here, TROLL!

I appreciate the explanation of how the championship is like the Super Bowl. I understand now how losing 4 straight is so much different than just losing 4. Four straight loses would be the same basic group just not being the best, which is much different from assembling four different teams and still sharing the common label “loser”. Was that Minnesota that accomplished that? You guys losing three MFC Championships is worse because it is like tying for third...at least we came out second in our 4 SB losses...nothing to brag about per se, but not too bad either.

Hey at least the Jets spared the Vikes from being the first team to lose to the AFC. Who would have wanted to remember the Chiefs that way? Who cares.

As for thinking two 8-8 teams winning last week means they can continue to win against superior competition is rather optimistic but good because it demonstrates good mental health. Keep ignoring the fact the teams they beat were really bad too. If you put 4 blind squirrels in a room with two nuts two of them would eventually find nuts. Hell in the Rams/Seattle case with time running out on the first OT there was a question whether one of those teams …. , I mean blind squirrels, would ever find a nut anyway. As for Minnesota they found theirs when Brett imploded.
    I know you can convince yourselves that it was superior defensive play that led to him throwing four balls directly to the purple people. But explain how superior defense led to a man within a foot of a first down and two yards of the end zone flips an illegal pass? More a mistake than a defensive plus. The improved defensive play was evidenced by the third down stops that the Vikings made, not the turnovers...although they always help. Besides, if there wasn't any pressure on Favre by the DL, he wouldn't have made those mistakes...he would have just stood in the pocket until his next option was open...he even admitted in an interview that he was pounded all day last Sunday...we plan to do the same to McCrab this Sunday as well.

If those Minnesota DB’s are so good why were their season INT’s so low? Less aggresive schemes this year...last year's DC, O'Leary, was much more aggressive and it showed directly in the INT totals and turnover ratio...Cottrell wasn't as aggressive, but he is getting moreso, so look out on Sunday...more of the same as last week!

How about all those Minny fumbles? Does the fact they managed to recover them demonstrate good play?
    Put a few on the ground in Philly just to see what happens. Lately, the Vikings haven't been putting the ball on the ground, so don't hold your breath waiting for a gift.

Speaking of Philly you guys are aware there’s no dome there right? There wasn't one last week either...and you saw the results...a Viking win!

Now listen to me it sounds like I’m whining again. NO, you aren't whining, just talking out of your butt...or is it your face...they look so much alike I can't tell...LOL
    How can I make it up to you “good football knowin posters?” Again doofus, that was a quote from one of your fellow Iggles fan, not from one of us.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Wait Til You Read This

I'm seriously thinking of coming down like a ton o' bricks on these morons - When are people EVER going to learn that this is a VIKING FAN SITE? Hello, is Mary home? Can she come out and play?
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Wait Til You Read This

"FeartheFreak" wrote:
    Prepare to watch history in the making!
    Sorry, Red Sox did that this year. You'll just repeat your history of losing 2 games and winning 1. You lost 2 heading into GB and won. Now you lose. Sunday, you will be proven wrong...Vikings win!

where the Eagle D
    has 3 out of 4 in the pro bowl (Overrated)
    Kept Fro Boy in check with 8 catches for 69 yds. Got one TD that was too little, too late. Eight catches...just means that DC didn't throw him a long one...eight catches...yeah, they really kept him from catching the ball...LOL

(I guess that "vaunted" defense had NOTHING to do with your team's record this year).
    It did, like it's supposed to. Which is why I noted it...to discount all the credit given to McCrab...thanks for confirming my theory on that point!

that's OK, your media darling QB will be outshone by our QB this week and he will be able to console himself in Hawaii like Marino had to do every year.
    He had that chance in Week 2, he didn't come through. He just fumble the ball away on the goal line. No gifts to you guys THIS time, though...this is a playoff game, not a meaningless regular season game...if you want proof, see the results of last week's game.

We will be scoring TDs, so no need for Mort to kick FGs.
    Sure you will against the top team in the NFC for fewest points per game, in the NFL we are only behind the Steelers and Pats. Mort better be ready to kick a lot of field goals, just like he did last time. He may get 1 or 2 PAT's, that's it. More like 4 or 5 PATs...should be enough work for the old man.

Last I checked, you guys weren't hoisting Lombardi trophies any time in my lifetime.
    Same goes for you. Which I only brought up to show that you guys don't have anything to flaunt either when it comes to championship hardware...this was a response to comparing us to Buffalo..you guys didn't do any better was the point that I was making...not that we were any better regarding that issue.

Anything is better than going to Philly, PU
    Like you said regarding another point earlier, even a blind squirrel (in this case, the Philly sports organizations) can find a nut sometimes (T-HO, Iverson, et al).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

PhillyGirl is offline Starter

Wait Til You Read This

"shockzilla" wrote:
    I'm seriously thinking of coming down like a ton o' bricks on these morons - When are people EVER going to learn that this is a VIKING FAN SITE? Hello, is Mary home? Can she come out and play?
    Hmmm, lets see. Purplepride.org is part of a web community called the Fan2Fan Alliance. The purpose of that alliance is to have members of OTHER teams' fansites come visit here and talk about the upcoming games or about their teams. Each week, the opposing teams sites link each other to the other site.

This section of the forum is called "Weekly Opponent Talk" (was Weekly Opponent Smack, but it changed). That means, the opposing team's fans come here to talk about the game.

So....all that said, exactly WHY are we morons for being here? :scratch:

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Wait Til You Read This

"shockzilla" wrote:
    keep richie the K. at least he knows his stuff. fear the freak needs to go lay down with his pups.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast