Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Wait Til You Read This

"The Gap" wrote:
    Now taking the word whiner and twisting it to weiner that is pure comic genuis. All I can say to that is your wasting your talents. Who said the people of Minnesota are like the people in Fargo.
    What are you trying to say about Fargo? The ancestoral birthplace of ultravikingfan!

The Gap is offline Starter

Wait Til You Read This

This is sort of like a game:
    It’s I’ll give you a fact that would favor Philadelphia and you guys try to spin it in favor of Minnesota.
    Mr. CajunVike seems to be the unofficial winner. He could have gotten a job in the George Bush re-election committee.

I appreciate the explanation of how the championship is like the Super Bowl. I understand now how losing 4 straight is so much different than just losing 4. Four straight loses would be the same basic group just not being the best, which is much different from assembling four different teams and still sharing the common label “loser”. Was that Minnesota that accomplished that?

Hey at least the Jets spared the Vikes from being the first team to lose to the AFC. Who would have wanted to remember the Chiefs that way?

As for thinking two 8-8 teams winning last week means they can continue to win against superior competition is rather optimistic but good because it demonstrates good mental health. Keep ignoring the fact the teams they beat were really bad too. If you put 4 blind squirrels in a room with two nuts two of them would eventually find nuts. Hell in the Rams/Seattle case with time running out on the first OT there was a question whether one of those teams …. , I mean blind squirrels, would ever find a nut anyway. As for Minnesota they found theirs when Brett imploded.
    I know you can convince yourselves that it was superior defensive play that led to him throwing four balls directly to the purple people. But explain how superior defense led to a man within a foot of a first down and two yards of the end zone flips an illegal pass? More a mistake than a defensive plus.

If those Minnesota DB’s are so good why were their season INT’s so low?

How about all those Minny fumbles? Does the fact they managed to recover them demonstrate good play?
    Put a few on the ground in Philly just to see what happens.

Speaking of Philly you guys are aware there’s no dome there right?

Now listen to me it sounds like I’m whining again.
    How can I make it up to you “good football knowin posters?”

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Wait Til You Read This

"The Gap" wrote:
    Speaking of Philly you guys are aware there’s no dome there right?
    Yeah I'd feel a lot better about our win over the Packers if we had played them outdoors in cold weather....oh wait a minute....
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Wait Til You Read This

Hey gapteeth, spare us please. Way to pick a fight with "A Dash of Spice". :thumbright:
    Attention, this could get ugly!

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Wait Til You Read This

ol stinnky gap didnt have anything to say about #11 and his stat vs his almighty blitz.

i am sure they will have a little extra cooked up for him tho. he can handle it too. he is getting better at making those decisions.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Wait Til You Read This

"The Gap" wrote:
    What is the record when a 6 seed meets a 1 seed?
    Oh yeah no. 6 never won.
    Stop bringing this crap up. All Eagle fans can talk about is their favored margin of victory, and their top seed. Neither have any bearing on the actual game.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

shorebird is offline Waterboy

Wait Til You Read This

"The Gap" wrote:
    How can I make it up to you “good football knowin posters?”
    Easy man, what do you expect from a state that elected a ex-pro wrestler for it's gov.?

All this talk about Culpepper and how good he is makes me wonder. What has he won? He has good stats, but thats it. His teams lose, he isn't a leader, and never will be on the Vike's as long as thug Moss is on the team. He's had some great starts the past two years and fell flat on his face in the second half both years. In the clutch, he falls short. He just doesn't have what it takes to lead his team and put them on his back and win. He's a hell of an athlete, yes, but it stops there. It takes more than skills to win in the NFL, as us Eagle fans know, and Vike's fans should too, after watching Randall Cunningham play.

Yeah, go ahead and talk about the three championship game losses, but remember, we didn't have Westbrook for the playoffs and still made the championship game before McNabb went down again. Dmac is gonna' carve your secondary up like a deep fried turkey on Thanksgiving.
    I ve got a lot of class, it s just all third.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Wait Til You Read This

mr. yard bird,
    you prob wont be back to read this but in one of your other posts you were calling a fellow viking infantile and immature for calling you names.
    my question is, why you be trollin man? dont u think man u r being immature for not posting anything with any credibility?
    carving deep fried turkey?
    u might be eating a big ol helping of crow, yard bird, and you should know about eating crow. i bet you have had it 3 years in a row. when i read your post about pinkie i thought that you might be different, but i was wrong. TROLL

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Re: Wait Til You Read This

"The Gap" wrote:
    Some thoughts from the far side:

Let’s see can an 8-8 team win two in a row on the road?

What is the record when a 6 seed meets a 1 seed?
    Oh yeah no. 6 never won.

I see where gaining confidence by beating up the GB defense comes from.
    Lets see GB DB’s over the hill and wanna be’s where the Eagle D
    has 3 out of 4 in the pro bowl – Fair assessment – Maybe the Eagle
    DB’s will catch a break with Hair Boy’s ankle problem.
    (By the way Philly lit up that GB D for 40+)

Coaching – interesting …… Tice vs Reid “Is a comment needed?”

Suspect Eagle defense vs the run – Do the Vikings run the ball?

Comparing the Eagles to Buffalo in referencing 3 straight championships losses is similar to comparing Buffalo to some other team that has lost 4 Superbowls.
    Who would that team be?

Comments suggesting that Minn is just three 3 point losses from being 11-5 suggests 3 point losses don’t count. Bad play and Bad coaching seems to get labeled “Bad Luck”
    Is it bad luck when you win due to nothing other than a fumbled snap on an extra point?
    By the way using the 3 point could have theory with two of the Minn wins coming by 3 or less
    I guess you could say if not for Good Luck Minny would be 6-10

Minn does have an excellent quaterback demonstrated by the fact he made the Pro Bowl as the no 2 quaterback ……… Who is the no. 1 guy there?

Hey kicking may be an advantage for Minny with a proven vet like Mort if he bulks up he may have a chance from 37. Wait dosen’t Philly have a Pro Bowler there too? Better scratch that thought.

I admire the Minn fan who can rally round your team after underachieving again. Philly fans had their hearts broke in 3 Championship games but what’s it like getting 8 weekly doses of that kind of let down year after year?

No need to comment on who will win I’m not trying to convince anybody.
    Even if you lose you guys get to dress up in that cool color purple and purple looks so much better when it’s trimmed with yellow. Who came up with that combo?

Another fun thing is when you get to dress up like that cute girl with the blonde braids ….. must be the long winters.

Well at least Minnesota has the weather no wonder it’s such a favorite with tourists.

Your turn ……. Fire away!
    Look at the champions of two other major sporting leagues, MLB and NHL. Do you think anyone would have predicted Boston or Tampa to win? Lets face it, its the year of breaking trends. Bonson WON THE WORLD SERIES! A team from florida won a HOCKEY (ice, cold...florida=warm state) championship! Two 8-8 teams won playoff games. Get off your high horse buddy, we aren't jsut a bump in the road...
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Wait Til You Read This

"shorebird" wrote:

All this talk about Culpepper and how good he is makes me wonder. What has he won? He has good stats, but thats it. His teams lose, he isn't a leader, and never will be on the Vike's as long as thug Moss is on the team. He's had some great starts the past two years and fell flat on his face in the second half both years. In the clutch, he falls short. He just doesn't have what it takes to lead his team and put them on his back and win. He's a hell of an athlete, yes, but it stops there.
    Wow, for a moment there I thought you were talking about McNabb. The only thing you have to show for the past 3 seasons is a lower draft pick.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast