Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Re:Vikings vs Bengals

Living in Cincinnati, I should be a bit more versed on what the Bengals can and can't do, but alas I've been lucky that I've been able to watch the Vikings most weeks this year!

That said, Cincinnati is a physical team, and I thought that the Vikings got beat by the Cardinals last week in that category. Vikings must put on their smashmouth hats on both sides of the LOS this week if they are to pull out a win.

I do not believe that the Bengals will run all over the Vikings, but the Vikes probably won't hold the Bengals under 100 yards either. Likewise, even if the Vikings double cover Chad Ochocinco, they can't shut him down...but perhaps they can keep him from having a huge game. Laverneus Coles has been a disappointment in my opinion. The Vikings are lucky that Chris Henry is injured and out for the season; he has Moss-like skills. At any rate, I would think that the Vikings should force the Bengals other receivers (Coles, Caldwell) to beat them.

Defensively, the Bengals have two of the best CBs in the league in Jonathan Joseph and Leon Hall. Favre will have to look for the mismatches, especially if both Rice and Berrian are on the outside and Harvin is in the slot and Shiancoe running down the seam. He must be aware of where Joseph and Hall are, they can make plays even if they are in single coverage. I'm not sure that the Vikings will be able to do much on the ground against Cincinnati (though it will be interesting to see if they test the Bengals up the middle with Peko out), but I think a real West Coast offense dink and dunk four and five yard pass completions could successfully move the chains agains the Bengals D.

I think this will be a tight, low scoring game, but one I see the Vikings winning on the order of 20-16.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

marstc09 wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    You haven't seen much because most are still shocked from Sunday night. Follow what the Cards did and you will beat us. Peterson is in a funk. Get at Favre, get a lead, and you will be fine. The only thing that scares me about the Bungals is the ability to pass. If we can hold you like we did with Big Ben, we should pull out the win. Favre will want to prove that this game was a fluke and he is not looking to be labeled that guy who fades at the end of the year. He will be focused. Me guess is that he has been in the film room non stop since the Cards game. He will be ready. Peterson is another story. I hope he snaps out of this. I know a few hate me for this but I would like to see us go with Taylor for a game. IMO Peterson is not healthy. Our secondary is hurt and the two in the back seem confused. This and AP concern me. If we can get our run game going, Favre will carve up that D. If we can hold off the passing attack, I don't think you will get many rushing yards on us. This will be a close one. The one who comes most prepared will win. Chilly preparedness scares me. I have always like Marvin Lewis. We will get many answers after Sunday. I can't wait.
    LOL, don't listen to him my newest Bengals fan friend. Ole Noodle Arm was focused in the Cards game, at least he better have been. :P
    Hard to be focused when your run game is nonexistent and the safties can't cover. He admitted he was frustrated. I would be too and I am. Play Chester.
    Play Chester? Seriously?

I'm not budging from my seat on the AD bandwagon.

-V-
    I am dead serious. He is hurting and on the injury report. He is not right. He has had 3 YPC the last three games. We are one game away from the playoffs. Would you rather have him injured then? Play Chester. He has had 6.3 YPC in the last three games. Seriously.
    If he's injured then sure, bench him, but I'm starting a healthy Taylor over a healthy Peterson. I'm also not willing to declare "he isn't right." Same thing I did with Sidney Rice last year. IMO if you are on the field you are healthy, and if you aren't healthy then get off of the field.

I would rather give AD ample opportunity to get back on track and find his rhythm before playoff time (Heck maybe even before we start resting starters). Chester is getting his touches and playing very well, but that doesn't mean AD is useless.

-V-
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach

http://video.adultswim.com/carl/carls-pick-bengals-vs-vikings.html?cid=FB1209_CARL

According to Carl the Bengals are the stone cold lock of the century (of the week).

VikingLance is offline Starter

The Vikings will dominate the Bengals today. AP will break out of his little slump, and rush for over 150 yds & 2 TD's. Favre will shake off his less than stellar performance last week and put up 300+ yards, 3 TD's, and no picks. A strong showing by the whole team, this will be the week that they put it all together and show the world why they are a favorite to win it all.

Why such a bold prediction? Is it because they will be hungry after such an embarrassing loss on national television last week? Is it because they want to prove to themselves that they are legit and can beat a very good team?

No. While those factors will come into play, the real reason is that this will be the first game I will be unable to watch in it's entirety. Rarely do I miss a game, and when I do, it is always an exciting, highlight reel, best game of the season win for the Vikings. Yes, I missed the second half of the Chargers game two years ago. I missed the Cardinals game last year. For some reason, I am always punished by not seeing some of the most exciting games of the year.

As I sit watching & listening to my 8 year old daughter's orchestra recital today, I will wonder, do those violin's play a sad song for a Bengals team as their high hopes crumble? Are the out of tune, out of rhythm screeches a metaphor for the Bengal's play on the field? One can only hope.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!

wcucarter is offline Waterboy

Good game by your boys today. Here's to a good finish to your season. Hopefully we'll get another shot at ya'll! (wink,wink)
    None

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Benching AD would be a huge over reaction. He's still averaging 4.5ypc, which is very good. Taylor is averaging 3.7ypc coming off the bench. Both are having career low ypc.

As far as the last 3 games, peterson is only averaging 3ypc, but that is simply because he hasn't broken a big run in those three games(a long of 16 yards). One long run would have greatly increased the ypc those 3 games.

Bad games happen, last year after rushing for 32 yards on 21 carries Peterson came back and had 4 straight hundred yard games.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Thanks WCUCARTER. Good luck to you the rest of the season. I felt really good that we could put up 30 pts against the best D in NFL. Our D gave us the game we are used to from them today. The Cards game was just a hick-up in the season for us I think.

WWBGD

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

jmcdon00 wrote:
    Benching AD would be a huge over reaction. He's still averaging 4.5ypc, which is very good. Taylor is averaging 3.7ypc coming off the bench. Both are having career low ypc.

As far as the last 3 games, peterson is only averaging 3ypc, but that is simply because he hasn't broken a big run in those three games(a long of 16 yards). One long run would have greatly increased the ypc those 3 games.

Bad games happen, last year after rushing for 32 yards on 21 carries Peterson came back and had 4 straight hundred yard games.
    IMO Chester could have had the same type of game or even better. Peterson had 3.7 YPC this game and Taylor had 5 YPC. Both were good in the passing game. Peterson had 40 yards and Taylor 32. Again, Peterson is hurt. He is not 100%. I hope we at least rest him in the Giants game. It is not about benching him. It is about resting him. If he was not on the injury report, I would agree.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123