Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Vikings vs Bengals

marstc09 wrote:
    You haven't seen much because most are still shocked from Sunday night. Follow what the Cards did and you will beat us. Peterson is in a funk. Get at Favre, get a lead, and you will be fine. The only thing that scares me about the Bungals is the ability to pass. If we can hold you like we did with Big Ben, we should pull out the win. Favre will want to prove that this game was a fluke and he is not looking to be labeled that guy who fades at the end of the year. He will be focused. Me guess is that he has been in the film room non stop since the Cards game. He will be ready. Peterson is another story. I hope he snaps out of this. I know a few hate me for this but I would like to see us go with Taylor for a game. IMO Peterson is not healthy. Our secondary is hurt and the two in the back seem confused. This and AP concern me. If we can get our run game going, Favre will carve up that D. If we can hold off the passing attack, I don't think you will get many rushing yards on us. This will be a close one. The one who comes most prepared will win. Chilly preparedness scares me. I have always like Marvin Lewis. We will get many answers after Sunday. I can't wait.

I'm with you on this...I love AD, but something's wrong and it's more than an ankle or foot. Let him sit and watch...not as a punishment. Let's see what CT can do behind the same line and a similar defense. To me, this is a huge game.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Welcome to the site my friend.

Part time Bengals fan here. Met a guy overseas while stationed in Rota SP in 1985 that is a huge fan. He and I have been great friends over the years. Kindof followed them cause of him.

I think the loss of Bushy Boy (Peko) might hurt a bit especially if our knucklehead coaches figure out how to use Shanc in a way that forces a LB out of the box.

Anyway, hang around. Post. We love football discussions around here. Believe it or not, we even have a couple 3 PUKER fans that seem to know a bit more than one would expect about the game.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

marstc09 wrote:
    You haven't seen much because most are still shocked from Sunday night. Follow what the Cards did and you will beat us. Peterson is in a funk. Get at Favre, get a lead, and you will be fine. The only thing that scares me about the Bungals is the ability to pass. If we can hold you like we did with Big Ben, we should pull out the win. Favre will want to prove that this game was a fluke and he is not looking to be labeled that guy who fades at the end of the year. He will be focused. Me guess is that he has been in the film room non stop since the Cards game. He will be ready. Peterson is another story. I hope he snaps out of this. I know a few hate me for this but I would like to see us go with Taylor for a game. IMO Peterson is not healthy. Our secondary is hurt and the two in the back seem confused. This and AP concern me. If we can get our run game going, Favre will carve up that D. If we can hold off the passing attack, I don't think you will get many rushing yards on us. This will be a close one. The one who comes most prepared will win. Chilly preparedness scares me. I have always like Marvin Lewis. We will get many answers after Sunday. I can't wait.
    LOL, don't listen to him my newest Bengals fan friend. Ole Noodle Arm was focused in the Cards game, at least he better have been. :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ArmyBengal is offline Training Camp

Hey what's up everyone. This week has finally come and the game appears like it's going to be a good one. First, I like the changes to the site. Nice job.

As for the game, I see a defensive battle here between two of the leagues best. Both teams can contain the run, but I give the Bengals secondary the edge in this one. These guys have been the best at removing a team's #1 WR from the game plan all season.

That being said, you guys have a ton of weapons and it will present a challenge for them to contain guys like Harvin and your TE.

The Bengals offense has been anemic in the passing game, but stellar in the running game. Honestly, I think the passing game as been dramatically decreased due to the fact Benson and co. have been able to run over teams and control the clock. It should be fun to watch how they do this week considering the Bengals have had a habit of playing to the level of their opponents.

I had tickets to the game, but had to sell them due to buying a house and having other commitments, but I know there will be other Bengals fans coming to support the team in a big game.

Anyway, here's to hoping for a very good game this week and most importantly, no injuries for either team.

My homer pick is obviously in the Bengals favor:

Bengals 20
    Vikings 17

Merry Christmas !!!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    LOL, don't listen to him my newest Bengals fan friend. Ole Noodle Arm was focused in the Cards game, at least he better have been. :P
    Hard to be focused when your run game is nonexistent and the safties can't cover. He admitted he was frustrated. I would be too and I am. Play Chester.

wcucarter is offline Waterboy

Thanks for the replies, everyone. It's nice to gain some insight. Nobody knows the opponent like their own fans.

I'm in an especially chipper mood today considering the beatdown of the Squeelers last night. I like watching them lose (especially to a horrid Browns squad) as much as I like watching the Bengals win! Imagine being horrible for years and everybody in the country being Packers fans. And for years all of those Packers fans tell you how horrible your team is while they win Superbowl after Superbowl. Meanwhile, people keep hopping on that Packers bandwagon. You guys might disagree, but I think Pissburgh fans are the most annoying in the country, and that stupid terrible towel (how terrible can a towel really be??) is the worst. I'm glad that ship is sinking and all of their bandwagon fans are going down with it.

Sorry, back to the Bengals v Vikes...

IF our d tackles can play well enough to make us not miss Peko, and IF we can come up with a way to stop the short/intermediate passing game to the 3rd/4th/5th options, I think Cincinnati wins this one. IF Peterson gets going (especially without Peko), and Favre can really utilize the play action pass, the Vikes will win handily.

Honestly, it doesn't seem like anyone in the media is giving Cincinnati a shot, but I think the Bengals force the Vikings into playing our style of ball, and squeak one out...

17 Bengals
    14 Vikings

(who would have guess I'd pick the Bengals huh?!)
    None

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Hard to be focused when your run game is nonexistent and the safties can't cover. He admitted he was frustrated. I would be too and I am. Play Chester.
    Play Chester? Seriously?

I'm not budging from my seat on the AD bandwagon.

-V-
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

wcucarter wrote:
    Thanks for the replies, everyone. It's nice to gain some insight. Nobody knows the opponent like their own fans.

I'm in an especially chipper mood today considering the beatdown of the Squeelers last night. I like watching them lose (especially to a horrid Browns squad) as much as I like watching the Bengals win! Imagine being horrible for years and everybody in the country being Packers fans. And for years all of those Packers fans tell you how horrible your team is while they win Superbowl after Superbowl. Meanwhile, people keep hopping on that Packers bandwagon. You guys might disagree, but I think Pissburgh fans are the most annoying in the country, and that stupid terrible towel (how terrible can a towel really be??) is the worst. I'm glad that ship is sinking and all of their bandwagon fans are going down with it.

IF our d tackles can play well enough to make us not miss Peko, and IF we can come up with a way to stop the short/intermediate passing game to the 3rd/4th/5th options, I think Cincinnati wins this one. IF Peterson gets going (especially without Peko), and Favre can really utilize the play action pass, the Vikes will win handily.

Honestly, it doesn't see like anyone in the media is giving Cincinnati a shot, but I think the Bengals force the Vikings into playing our style of ball, and squeak one out...

17 Bengals
    14 Vikings

Bengals may win. But they won't hold the Vikings to 14 points in the dome.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

V-Unit wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Play Chester? Seriously?

I'm not budging from my seat on the AD bandwagon.

-V-
    I am dead serious. He is hurting and on the injury report. He is not right. He has had 3 YPC the last three games. We are one game away from the playoffs. Would you rather have him injured then? Play Chester. He has had 6.3 YPC in the last three games. Seriously.

wcucarter wrote:

Honestly, it doesn't see like anyone in the media is giving Cincinnati a shot, but I think the Bengals force the Vikings into playing our style of ball, and squeak one out...

17 Bengals
    14 Vikings

Baldinger gave the Bungals a shot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast