Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: vikings at new england

Infidel wrote:
    We sort of tend to think you should beat people by outplaying them......not intentionally injuring them.

We're a little sensitive about dirty playing since the Packers just took out our QB by targeting his bad ankle just as the team was starting to gel and work well together.

Why don't you just hire a hit man?
    It's not like they're the Saints, I don't think the Pack hurt him on purpose.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Well, the original poster was looking for info on people going to the game, but I think this is also a good venue to post articles about the game as well.

Seeings how we are saving bandwidth and all for the "Infadel". :laugh:

A few interesting snippets.....

I'm far more inclined to think that the Childress/Bevell/Favre brain-trust is still having serious problems deciphering the complexities of the 3-4 defense and its many variations.
    Brett Favre has now thrown at least three interceptions and/or been sacked at least three times, against every 3-4 defense the Minnesota Vikings have faced this year. All but one of those opposing 3-4 defenses have scored a touchdown.
    I remember some chucklehead trying to start a discussion that our current starting QB was having problems reading defenses.

Guess he isn't alone.

I would much rather see Tarvaris Jackson start the game outright, after having taken the lion's share of this week's practice snaps, than see him enter a game in relief of a quarterback who is already under siege. For good or for ill, if Tarvaris Jackson is ever going to make a convincing case that he can start in the NFL at the quarterback position, then now is the time.
    I don't think we should readily dismiss the small fact that TJ, and not the Noodle, has been working with the starters, and not just this week. If you go back to the first indications that the Noodles noodle was hurting him, thats about 3 weeks of practices were the starter hasn't had the reps.

If it isn't the problem figuring out the 3-4 defenses, then it probably is the lack of practice that can be associated to how bad our offense has been playing.

Dusting Off Plan-B
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Sure, he can probably tell them the plays," Tom Brady said Wednesday. "He knows the signals and stuff, but that's why you have to change them. Hopefully, he tells them one thing, then you fake it and they're guessing and maybe they guess wrong. Who knows?"

Signs, and whether the Patriots steal them or not, have become hot topics leading up to the game between the surging Patriots (5-1) and the struggling Vikings (2-4).
    Moss could share Patriots signals with Vikings
    Interesting.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Kindof two discussion points in this one......

On Wednesday, one of those murmurs hit the ears of Vikings head coach Brad Childress who was asked, "What has held Randy Moss back?" since he's been with the Vikings?

Interestingly, Moss is catching four passes per game with the Vikings -- one more than he was with the Patriots. He's got 12 catches for 166 yards and and two scores in his three games with the Vikes.
    Catching more balls, scoring TD's, taking extra defenders with him, all with a QB who can't get it deep to him. Doesn't sound to bad to me.

For now, though, know that Moss is making a difference in the film room according to Childress who confirmed that Moss is giving a tutorial in all things Patriots this week.

Hes very articulate," said Childress. "He spent time with our coaches yesterday and did a great job with both our offense and defensive coaches."
    So the question is, did they change them up or not? Went back and read a paragraph Kirwan had on play calling and signals, and it appears that its not as easy as just changing them. Heck, its what they spend most of pre-season on.

Vikes pumping Moss for Patriots intel

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

Infidel wrote:
    We sort of tend to think you should beat people by outplaying them......not intentionally injuring them.

We're a little sensitive about dirty playing since the Packers just took out our QB by targeting his bad ankle just as the team was starting to gel and work well together.

I didn't see anything that even came close to targeting his ankle, In another thread you described it as a "brutal hit" This is getting so silly, why don't you just put a red jersey on Favre like they do in practice and make a rule that you can't touch the guy in red.
    None

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

jmcdon00 wrote:
    AZJetfan wrote:
    Jets fans would truly appreciate you beating the heck out of the Pats. Maybe we could do each other a favor and win to help us in our divisions. If you knocked Brady out that would be good also.
    If you take out Favre at noon, we'll take out brady at 3. Take out mathews too and we'll take out Belichick.
    Rodgers, not favre.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Infidel wrote:

*snickers* Exactly how many passes after Favre's 2nd or 3rd INT did you come to the conclusion that he & the team were geling?

BTW, it didn't look to me like the Packers were gunning for Favre's ankle.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

No, it was just a coincidence that the guy grabbed the left leg and landed with his full weight and rolled on the left ankle as it was pinned immobile.....resulting in a fracture of the ankle.

Not suspicious, even though everybody knew the ankle was already injured.

Just a coincidence.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Singer said:

how many passes after Favre's 2nd or 3rd INT did you come to the conclusion that he & the team were geling?
    When the receivers started getting open and when Favre started getting a little more time to throw and when Percy started getting into the running mix with success and when Peterson started to make a few yards and the secondary knocked down a few passes.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

Infidel wrote:
    No, it was just a coincidence that the guy grabbed the left leg and landed with his full weight and rolled on the left ankle as it was pinned immobile.....resulting in a fracture of the ankle.

Not suspicious, even though everybody knew the ankle was already injured.

Just a coincidence.

No, coincidence Infidel, I think the government was involved too
    None

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast