Vikings @ Da Bears

Hey everyone, after 20 minutes of thinking and deliberation, I put some money on the spread for this game. I hate to say that I put it on Chicago. The spread was +7 for CHI. but I saw some article that statistically had CHI favored in weather below 32 at night and that Favre doesn't play well in that weather either. I still have Vikings to win (been picking them to win on the free pool every game since 2003), but given the monday NIGHT aspect at a freezing cold field, i think it's kind of tricky. Any thoughts?
    Sean Saunders

Re:Vikings @ Da Bears

CulpepperViking16 wrote:
    Hey everyone, after 20 minutes of thinking and deliberation, I put some money on the spread for this game. I hate to say that I put it on Chicago. The spread was +7 for CHI. but I saw some article that statistically had CHI favored in weather below 32 at night and that Favre doesn't play well in that weather either. I still have Vikings to win (been picking them to win on the free pool every game since 2003), but given the monday NIGHT aspect at a freezing cold field, i think it's kind of tricky. Any thoughts?
    It should be a close one, division games usually are. Given the Vikings struggles on the road during primetime games will create more intriuge to the buildup of this one. While Favre does struggle in cold weather, I dont think it will be as heavily dependent on #4 this week.

Adrian has dominated the Bears throughout his career. The O-line will be looking to rebound after being humiliated and struggling for a chunk of the season. I gurantee they have been running basic zone blocking drills all week. They have been embearrassed on the national stage and been called out by their peers, coaches, and media. They are a much better O-line than they have shown (albeit slightly overrated).

Also I think Favre will audible less and will agree the run game has to get back on track in order for his production to increase again and to win games.

I have a feeling all these factors will create "a perfect storm" for the Vikings ground game and we will be dominant. I watched AP's DVD on Christmas and forgot how special he can be and how determined he is to be the best. A monday night audience against a team he lights up could have the makings of something spectacular, as long as the O-line rebounds.

In the passing game we can expect Percey to have a larger role this week and be more in sync with the game plan. Having missed the amount of practises last week really limits the things that make the Vikes aerial attack special 3rd down conversions should improve drastically.

One last thing I expect to see this Monday night is maybe a few trick plays if needed. If the game gets tight dont be suprised to see the Vikes use some tricks to gain momentum. Childress has a history of fairly successful trick plays. A few come to mind Longwell's pass of a fake fg, Chester pitch toss, reverse pass to Shank.

Anyway thats my thoughts on the game. You can tell from the length of my post that Iam so jacked for Monday night and have been thinking about it alot lol

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Vikings @ Da Bears

Giving 7 on the road is always tough. The way I look at gambling is if I bet on the opponent (for a game straight up) of the vikes and the vikes win then I'm happy, if they lose, well at least I win some money!

I saw the stats on chi and favre and their cold weather stats latley and they don't bode well for our vikes, but I think trends are made to be broken and I think the vikings really need a big game and there is no better time to do it than against a division rival on Monday night, vikes win by 13, sorry culpepperviking but you made a nice donation to someone! haha

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Big C2 is offline Training Camp

It's going to be an ugly game. It's snowing like crazy today and expecting more tomorrow. So even if there is no snow on Monday night, the ground is going to be soggy and miserable. While I think the Vikings will pull an ugly win, the weather/field will even things up for the Bears.
    None

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Hopefully the vikings choose the right cleats to wear, so they aren't slipping all over the damn place like they were for half the game against Carolina.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

The Bears are 2-8 in their last ten games, Beating powerhouses Cleveland, and St. Louis, Cutler is an INT machine.

A first year starter will be taking on Allen, And we're trying to redeem ourselves after last week, I'm pretty sure Favre has spent his ENTIRE career in a cold weather city so I'm not gonna get too worried, Oh yeah and we crushed them a month ago.
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Take the under and the Bears to cover the spread.
    We're bringing purple back.

After reading these posts, I think I've changed my mind. Since I posted it, I saw two articles that might be a difference maker. 1) Devin Hester looks like he wont be playing much that game, which cuts out another offensive weapon that they have, and have to use. 2) Favre and Childress both agreed AD is the guy to get the offense going. With that said, Favre will be less dependant on passing the ball, and AD will have more success, given his Bears history and his athletic skill against weak run defenses. Given that the Bears are indeed 2-8, with wins in only St. Louis and Buffalo(?), then they're not to be contended with a serious matchup
    Sean Saunders