Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Vikings @ Bears

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings @ Bears

"ChezPizmo" wrote:
    "spikecyrus" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    Expert Picks

Wow. Too bad the experts are often wrong.

there making there picks with the spread
    What does that mean?
    If you look at the link it says:

Minnesota
    Chicago (-9.5)

So if they pick the reason they are mostly picking the Vikings is because they think the margin of win will be small.
    The Vikes plus the points rather than just a straight up pick without the spread.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I hate stupid spreads when betting. Now that I think of it though I'm going to be against the vikes by taking the Bears at -9.5 and then the vikings will win the game outright and I will be happy. Wait, my luck the vikings will lose the game by 9 or less and then I will be doubly pissed off. Nevermind.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

"Acumen" wrote:
    "ChezPizmo" wrote:
    "spikecyrus" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    Expert Picks

Wow. Too bad the experts are often wrong.

there making there picks with the spread
    What does that mean?
    If you look at the link it says:

Minnesota
    Chicago (-9.5)

So if they pick the reason they are mostly picking the Vikings is because they think the margin of win will be small.
    The Vikes plus the points rather than just a straight up pick without the spread.
    So they are picking the Vikes over the Bears by 9.5 points?
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

No.
    The Bears, for vegas odds, start the game out with -9.5 points.
    Meaning for a person who bets on the bears, to win the bet the bears must win by 10 or more.
    If they win by 9 or less, the Vikings would win in Vegas.
    Anyone who bets on the Vikings must hope for a Vikings win by any margin or a loss by less than 10.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

spikecyrus is offline Rookie

so if the game started the vikes already have a feild goal and a touchdown but the were only 50% on there extra point

"spikecyrus" wrote:
    so if the game started the vikes already have a feild goal and a touchdown but the were only 50% on there extra point
    That's right.
    It's one of those rare sights when the football hits the upright and rips in half with half going through the uprights and half falling outside the uprights.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

spikecyrus is offline Rookie

i knew longwell had a strong leg

Quick hits
    Friday, December 1st, 2006
    by Judd Zulgad

Just returned from the locker room access and practice period that we’re allowed to watch. A few things

– It’s hard to believe tight end Jermaine Wiggins is going to be able to play with an MCL injury to his right knee. Wiggins is wearing a brace and didn’t look like he was moving very well.

– Nose tackle Pat Williams said he didn’t know if he’d be able to play Sunday. Williams
    was downgraded from questionable to doubtful Thursday because of a right knee injury. He did come out for practice Friday but the media doesn’t get to see any actual on the-field-work from the offense or defense.

– Quarterback Brad Johnson said he likely will wear a glove on his throwing hand during the game Sunday, mainly because the ball gets so slick. Johnson also wore a glove during the Vikings’ loss at Buffalo in Week 4.

– Because of the uncertain field conditions players are taking multiple pairs of cleats to Chicago. Safety Darren Sharper, for instance, plans to take three pairs. The field at Chicago is heated but that doesn’t mean it won’t get sloppy and possibly freeze over in places.

================

Let it snow
    Friday, December 1st, 2006
    by Judd Zulgad

Sounds as if Chicago is getting socked with a pretty good snowstorm today and could have record cold temperatures on Sunday when the Bears play host to the Vikings. The National Weather Service is predicting between 6 to 12 inches today in that area.

The predicted high for Sunday will be around 15 degrees and according to one forecast it also sounds as if some snow could fall. Considering the way the wind swirls around Soldier Field (winds gusted to more than 30 miles per hour this morning) this could be interesting.

If nothing else Sunday’s game — not to mention the Dec. 21 Vikings-Packers matchup at Lambeau Field — should give Zygi Wilf a good idea of what an outdoor stadium in Minnesota would be like in December.

OMG-ILOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! These are the best football games. Who cares what the turf v grass record is I FREAKIN LOVE THESE GAMES High of 15!!!! 30mph wind!!!!! SNOW!!!!! God I'm ready for this one!

P.S.-Screw the Bears. What has a bear ever freakin done? Vikings conquered dude. You just suck. I know-Brilliant Thanks in advance. Oh yeah- tell oldbearfart to tell his mom to stop calling me. LOL GO VIKES!!! SCREW THE BEARS!!!
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

This game could be very similar to the one back in 2003 (I think that's when it was) when Ontarrio Smith ran wild and the vikes had a chance at the end of the game to score the game winning TD until Peanut Tillman picked off the culpepper pass in the end zone to seal the game and a 10-6 victory or whatever the heck it was. Should be fun to watch!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast