Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vikes Vs. Jets

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Vikes Vs. Jets

"gr8vike" wrote:
    This Sunday we have the Jets. I am proud to be able to go to this game. 1st game since I got back from Iraq. We need to get the running game going early since the jets run d is the 7th worst in the league. I say forget passing with B.J. in. But only my opinion

;D
    "FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    Anybody going to this game? I'm thinking of making the trop from philly.
    I'll be there as well, as I am at all home games. Glad you made it home safely & thanx for serving our country.

I don't believe there is a tailgate party, but if you PM me where you seats are, I might get a chance to pop over & say hi.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Anyone who can should listen to KFAN during the game - they will have Vikings Rookie LB Chad Greenway in the booth along with PA and the rest of the Broadcasters

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

If we actally use our homefield advantage to our favor, we should have a great chance of winning this game. Running the ball the majority of the time will probably be our best bet.

gr8vike is offline Asst. Coach

The only thing I am worried about in this game is Coles and Cotchery, I have watched a couple games when Jerricho cotchery gets hot and he is a good young receiver, if we can stop those two I think we can win the game easy

Thanks PPE for the Sig

Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

Dekay is offline Pro-Bowler Element Quest Champion

Singer: No tailgateparty? You mean there is no tailgateparty with PPO right? I just cant see why people wouldnt want to tailgate.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Dekay" wrote:
    Singer: No tailgateparty? You mean there is no tailgateparty with PPO right? I just cant see why people wouldnt want to tailgate.
    Tailgating in Rapid Park sucks.
    You have to hit the buses by 10:45 if you want to get in the dome in time for kickoff.
    And instead of seeing the dome in the background while you drink beer, you have to look at the highway interchange.

The wife and I actually haven't tailgated at all this year.
    We have to drive 4 hours to get to the dome each Sunday anyway, meaning that we leave the house by 6:30 am or so.
    It is hard to justify getting up earlier and leaving by 5:00 just to tailgate in a crappy parking lot.

Now when the new Vikings stadium gets built, and there is on site tailgating again, we will once again be part of the tailgating throng.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"so-cal" wrote:
    "gr8vike" wrote:
    This Sunday we have the Jets. I am proud to be able to go to this game. 1st game since I got back from Iraq. We need to get the running game going early since the jets run d is the 7th worst in the league. I say forget passing with B.J. in. But only my opinion

;D
    Actually, I'm sure that's the opinion of many here.
    Let's just hope the Jets continue the kind of performance they had against Buffalo.
    I am certianly one of those with that opinion. Hopefully we can get a lead early, but even if we don't, running is absolutely paramount to winning this game. The moment that you have any of our qb's go into a shootout with Pennington, it's GAME OVER.

But if we can control the ball and keep their passing game off the field, the Vikes should come out with a W.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Dekay" wrote:
    Correct. No official PP.O. tailgate party that has been listed so far, but there damn better be one when Acumen, Cain & Del are up for the Rams game.

There will still be a lot of other people tailgating for the Jets game though.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"gr8vike" wrote:

;D

Great to have you back and lets hope the Vikes can beat up on the Jets to give you a proper welcome home!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Run early and often.
    I would love to see us run the ball 60 times this game.
    If we have success early, and they can't stop us, stay with it, keep the ball out of Pennington's hands.
    I kind of hope they rest Chester Taylor this weekend, too, and give the workload to Pinner, Fason, and Moore.
    Get Pinner another 25 carries, and Fason and Moore each into double digits.
    If Brad only throws 10 times, that would be awesome.

I think the best way for us to get the win here is to get the ball first burn about 7 minutes off the clock running the ball up the field, get up early either 3-0 or 7-0, then hopefully at some point we can rattle Pennington or force him into a pick.
    I think this game is a hard fought game, maybe a
    17-16 final, and if we can cause Pennington to make a mistake or two, we can win this one.
    We've also got to stick with the running game.
    Even if Pennington comes out hot, and we go down 14-3 early on, stick with the running game, the D will tighten, and I doubt they have a lot of confidence in Houston having a big game against our D, so we might as well throw a lot of nickel and dime at them.
    I'm more confident in our DB's stopping the run than I am in our LB's stopping the short and medium passes.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast