Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Vikes vs Houston Articles

Vikings quarterback Christian Ponder will get the start in Thursday's preseason finale against the Houston Texans, coach Leslie Frazier said after Monday's practice, marking the fourth straight week Ponder and Joe Webb will alternate positions on the depth chart behind Donovan McNabb.

If Webb has the edge for the No. 2 quarterback job, Ponder has a chance to elevate himself this week.
    Rookie Christian Ponder to start at QB for Vikings in preseason finale against Texans

On a side note...

Frazier said the team would like Griffen to "stand up" in some defensive packages as early as Thursday, depending on how he responds to the position switch.

The basis for the decision is threefold, Frazier said: The Vikings are light at linebacker because of injuries; they feel emerging rookie Christian Ballard can play tackle or end, and Griffen is athletic enough to play linebacker.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: Vikes vs Houston Articles

In three preseason games Ponder has completed 17 of 33 passes for 207 yards with no TDs or interceptions and a passer rating of 71.1.

Webb has completed 12 of 23 passes for 170 yards with no TDs, one interception and a rushing touchdown for a rating of 58.2.

Both have, at times, appeared to struggle going through progressions while in the pocket, and each has looked more comfortable leaving the pocket and throwing on the run.

Saturday, Webb led an 81-yard third-quarter TD drive, completing passes of 23 and 43 yards before scoring on a 10-yard scramble.

Ponder struggled in his first possession, then led a two-minute drill that died at the Dallas 16 when tight end Allen Reisner was unable to get out of bounds after a catch as time ran out.
    Backup QBs to get chance to state case
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

1, Strong safety.
    2, No. 2 quarterback
    3, The 273-pound linebacker
    4, Ballard's playing time at end
    5, Larry the Underdog
    Vikings-Texans: Five things worth watching

UPDATE: After the Texans “Secret Workout” today with Bryant Johnson the team agreed to terms with the free agent wide receiver. Houston must be more desperate for a 4th and 5th wide receiver than we originally anticipated.
    Today on Sports Radio 610 AM Houston, Coach Gary Kubiak admitted to having a wide receiver in town for a workout with the Texans. “Yeah, we had a guy in here today for a secret workout.” Coach Kubiak mentioned candidly when asked about the apparent workout.
    It seems the Texans are concerned about the wide receiver position after Jacoby Jones. To the benefit of the younger wide receivers on the team, Kubiak does mention that the ball just hasn’t came in the young receivers direction much this preseason.
    After a bit of reseasrch on twitter it wasn’t difficult to figure as to which receiver was in town for the per say, “secret workout”.
    Houston Texans Hold “Secret Workout” with Free Agent Wide Receiver

Drew: “Okay, so the deal with the Vikings is that their offensive line is terrible. If Wade Phillips can’t get a pass rush going against this crew (and it’s immaterial since this is preseason game #4), then bad things are in store for this defense yet again.

Donovan McNabb may not play, but if he does expect lots of short passes to the backs and lots of two tight end sets with promising rookie Kyle Rudolph. The Vikings wideouts, Percy Harvin aside, are lousy. You won’t find out much about your refurbished secondary from this particular meeting. I doubt Adrian Peterson plays much if at all.

On defense, the Vikings have CB Cedric Griffin finally back and healthy after two straight injury-cut seasons. If the Vikings win games they aren’t supposed to win this year, it will be because Leslie Frazier (who is a very good coach) figured out a defensive wrinkle that stopped an otherwise effective offensive team in its tracks (see last season’s Eagles game).

The Viking won’t show much of that in this game, but the front seven is still formidable and can eat meeker offenses whole if given the chance. The Texans, as constituted, are a more talented team than Minnesota. Too bad you’ll have to wait until after Labor Day to see them in full.”
    Vikings preview with Drew Magary

These are actually pretty funnny.

1. Donovan McNabb’s Sideline Antics
    Donovan is hilarious on the sidelines with his wacky pantomimes and other antics.

2. That Ever-Infectious Mike Mayock Enthusiasm
    I don’t know about you, but I can’t get enough of Mike Mayock thinking every player is Hall of Fame material.

3. The Turf
    There’s nothing more lovely than fake grass, especially when it shines so beautifully under the lights.

4. Leslie Frazier Standing There Looking Befuddled While Some Assistant Explains Something to Him

5. Positional Battles
    Yup there are still some of those left. Will it be Devin Aromashodu, Manny Arceneaux, Jaymar Johnson or Greg Camarillo at receiver? Or two of those? Or none of those?
    Vikings vs. Texans: Five Things to Watch

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106797
    UPDATE: After the Texans “Secret Workout” today with Bryant Johnson the team agreed to terms with the free agent wide receiver. Houston must be more desperate for a 4th and 5th wide receiver than we originally anticipated.
    Today on Sports Radio 610 AM Houston, Coach Gary Kubiak admitted to having a wide receiver in town for a workout with the Texans. “Yeah, we had a guy in here today for a secret workout.” Coach Kubiak mentioned candidly when asked about the apparent workout.
    It seems the Texans are concerned about the wide receiver position after Jacoby Jones. To the benefit of the younger wide receivers on the team, Kubiak does mention that the ball just hasn’t came in the young receivers direction much this preseason.
    After a bit of reseasrch on twitter it wasn’t difficult to figure as to which receiver was in town for the per say, “secret workout”.
    Houston Texans Hold “Secret Workout” with Free Agent Wide Receiver
    Lol:

Sometime early this morning free agent wide receiver Bryant Johnson tweeted, “#HelloGoodMorning. At the airport (ATL) headed to Houston for a workout with the Texans”