Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikes vs Chargers (articles and predictions)

Quote Originally Posted by "Traveling_Vike" #1107752
    This one scares me quite a bit. It's not as crucial being a non-conference match-up, but We really can't afford to give anything away this year.

Reasons to favor the Vikings:

1) Top tier rushing game vs. poor rush defense

2) Better Special Teams, with the exception of Kaeding.

3) Chargers notoriously slow starters

Reasons to favor Chargers:

1) Excellent passing game vs. mediocre secondary and questionable pass rush

2) Teams traveling to the West Coast from the EST time zone have a poor track record
    3) Chargers overall are a better team, although not by that much

4) Vikings game plan goes out the window if playing from behind, which is a good possibility

5) The revenge factor. While I don't consider it a major factor, many people do, including some players

Both teams should have been better than their records last year, and both suffer equally from the off-season drama and shortened TC.

If the Vikings are to have a real shot at this, I think it may have to be because of Special Teams. It's really tough to rely on that, though, so my prediction is this. Chargers score first and stay ahead all the way. Vikings put up a valiant effort but just can't keep up, failing to punch it in when needed. Final score, Chargers 24, Vikings 17.
    Another very fine point that mixed with some of our road woes should give us cause for concern.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

2) Teams traveling to the West Coast from the EST time zone have a poor track record
    Vikings are EST?
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1107757
    This one scares me quite a bit. It's not as crucial being a non-conference match-up, but We really can't afford to give anything away this year.

4) Vikings game plan goes out the window if playing from behind, which is a good possibility

5) The revenge factor. While I don't consider it a major factor, many people do, including some players

Both teams should have been better than their records last year, and both suffer equally from the off-season drama and shortened TC.

If the Vikings are to have a real shot at this, I think it may have to be because of Special Teams. It's really tough to rely on that, though, so my prediction is this. Chargers score first and stay ahead all the way. Vikings put up a valiant effort but just can't keep up, failing to punch it in when needed. Final score, Chargers 24, Vikings 17.
    Another very fine point that mixed with some of our road woes should give us cause for concern.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1107757

even more swo if we were actually in the eastern time zone.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Vikings are EST?
    No, but I am, and they're my team. Good enough? Oh, and how did I do on that score prediction thing?

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12