Another very fine point that mixed with some of our road woes should give us cause for concern.Quote:
Originally Posted by "Traveling_Vike" #1107752This one scares me quite a bit. It's not as crucial being a non-conference match-up, but We really can't afford to give anything away this year.
Reasons to favor the Vikings:
1) Top tier rushing game vs. poor rush defense
2) Better Special Teams, with the exception of Kaeding.
3) Chargers notoriously slow starters
Reasons to favor Chargers:
1) Excellent passing game vs. mediocre secondary and questionable pass rush
2) Teams traveling to the West Coast from the EST time zone have a poor track record
3) Chargers overall are a better team, although not by that much
4) Vikings game plan goes out the window if playing from behind, which is a good possibility
5) The revenge factor. While I don't consider it a major factor, many people do, including some players
Both teams should have been better than their records last year, and both suffer equally from the off-season drama and shortened TC.
If the Vikings are to have a real shot at this, I think it may have to be because of Special Teams. It's really tough to rely on that, though, so my prediction is this. Chargers score first and stay ahead all the way. Vikings put up a valiant effort but just can't keep up, failing to punch it in when needed. Final score, Chargers 24, Vikings 17.