Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vikes @ Bills

Prophet Guest

Vikes @ Bills

I was kind of surprised that there wasn't a thread about this already.
    I've seen a few intelligent Bills fans and a few trolls stopping by from Buffalo way so thought I would start a thread.

Records:

Vikings: 2-1 (2nd in NFCN)
    Bills: 1-2 (tied for last in AFCE)

Week 1:

Bills 17 Patriots 19

Bills appeared respectable.

Week 2:

Bills 16 Dolphins 6

Bills appeared respectable against the hapless Dolphins.
    Daunte throws an INT and has 2 fumbles for the Phins.

Week 3:

Bills 20 Jets 28

Losman tossed fro 328 yds a TD and an INT and McGahee rushed for 150 yds.
    They still lost.
    That is really laughable.
    There is no way they're putting those kind of numbers up on the Vikings D....even if they had divine intervention and did it appears they will still lose

Week 4:

The Bills continue their dive into oblivion.
    Any team that can toss for over 300 yds and rush for 150 yds and still lose at home is a team that deserves no respect.

Prediction:

The Vikings own the Bills in every facet of the game.
    The final score will not represent the beating they will suffer.
    Vikes 20 Bills 10.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikes @ Bills

as i recall, the bills are strong against the running game.
    still chester will have a Td at least.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Del Rio Guest

Bills have the ability to be explosive. We can't allow that. We need early pressure on Lossman and to do that we need to stop the run.

I expect a big game from Pat Williams and I expect a big game from our offense. Buffalo has some quality DE's and that has been a weakness for our O-line. They are tall and fast so Brad will have to put some sauce on his passes and not lob them out there like a school girl.

I feel the Vikes break 30 this week. You all can fill in the Bills score for me any number from 29 to 0 will work for me.

We don't here much from the Bills so I hope we get some good fans in here to educate us a bit on the Bills. Statistically they look like the Vikings on paper. It could be a high scoring affair of two evenly matched teams.

Prophet Guest

Rushing passing stats against the Bills D after 3 wks:

New England: 183 yds rushing, 163 passing
    Miami: 92 yds rushing, 250 passing
    Jets: 74 yds rushing, 183 passing

New England racked up a lot of yards on the ground, but barely eeked out a win.
    The Bills' D racked up 3 sacks and INT and a FF while their O spread the ball around a lot on the pass and rushed for 99 yds and passed for 164 yds.

The Bills sacked Daunte six times, had an INT and a FF against the Phins.
    Fletcher-Baker is an animal in the first two games racking up 17 tackles and 3 assists.

The Bills only had one sack against the Jets.
    Their DBs put up consistent numbers.

I like the Bills D and where they're going.
    Their O does have some potential too.
    The similarity I see in the two teams is that they aren't putting the game away.
    The Vikings D appears to be more consistent without as many turnovers and the Vikings O is not sporadic, they consistently underperform.

The more I think about this game the more I'm convinced that the main battle will be between the Vikes O-line and their D-line/LBs.
    Maroney and Dillon racked up 86 and 73 yds, respectively, in wk 1 against the Bills.
    That's the route I'm banking on for the Vikes.
    Chester will have a 100+ yd day.
    The vikes need to go the the quick passing, short yardage plays and wear down this D.
    Don't give them time to get to BJ.

kansas_man54 is offline Rookie

one of the main factors in this game will be the amount of pressure on the QB on both sides.
    I'm thinkin' our o-line plays like they are capable of doing and our D pressures, sacks, picks off, and hurries losman all day long.
    I'm a bit worried about mcgahee having a big game, hopefully not though.
    23-13 Vikes.
    "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanist bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"----Eleanor Roosevelt

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

The Bills do have a respectable Defense.
    Thats what worries me.
    I think if we can control Willis "too bad my knee was blown out in the national championship against THE OSU" McGahee and get pressure on Losman, we will do just fine.

I think after we got sting a little by the Bears, these guys are thirsty.
    I could see it in them after the loss.

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

the bills were 1rst against the run in 2004 when pat left for us it dropped all the way to 29 (i believe) I think we will be able to run a all over them takeo is a beast and so is flecher nate clements is a quality cb.They have a good rb in mgahee but i dont think they will have a good day running the ball my prediction is 20 carries for 50-60 yards for the bills as for jp 17 of 32 2 picks 170 yards

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    The Bills do have a respectable Defense.
    Thats what worries me.
    I think if we can control Willis "too bad my knee was blown out in the national championship against THE OSU" McGahee and get pressure on Losman, we will do just fine.

I think after we got sting a little by the Bears, these guys are thirsty.
    I could see it in them after the loss.
    If the Vikes had beaten the Bears, I had this one pegged as a classic "let-down" game.
    AFC opponent (unknown quantity), on the road, following a big win against a hated rival.
    A recipe for disaster.

Since they lost, I now figure they will come out angry and ready to put a hurting on someone.
    McGahee is a stud, no doubt about that, but the Vikings have stuffed the run so far this year, so I'm counting on the Jills' success being put into the hands of JP Losman, who, despite some decent success the past couple weeks, is not even close to being in the upper echelon of QBs.

Vikes 31, Bills 13

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"Prophet" wrote:
    Week 3:

Bills 20 Jets 28

Losman tossed fro 328 yds a TD and an INT and McGahee rushed for 150 yds.
    They still lost.
    That is really laughable.
    There is no way they're putting those kind of numbers up on the Vikings D....even if they had divine intervention and did it appears they will still lose

Week 4:

The Bills continue their dive into oblivion.
    Any team that can toss for over 300 yds and rush for 150 yds and still lose at home is a team that deserves no respect.
    That was the first time in NFL history that the home team put up 300 yards passing and 100 yards rushing and the Visiting team still won.

bobbybryant101 is offline Waterboy

This game vs. the Bills is HUGE! Not in the sense that every game is, mainly because it's the first real opportunity to see if our offense can put up big numbers and blow the opponent out. Granted, the Bills D isn't bad, but it's nothing like the Bears, Panthers or even 'Skins. If the Jet's can put up 28, we had better match it. I hope our offense starts to gel, I'd hate to see this team play to the level of the competition every week. Losman is a stiff, Chester will rush for +150, no more nail biters for now, a nice win in Buffalo then home to the idiotic team that could have drafted Leinhart.
    Go Vikes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast