Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Tyler Thigpen - A steal as a 7th round pick?

I think this is worth discussion after watchin him play Friday night.

Is he a steal as a 7th round pick? Does he have what it takes to be a starting QB in the future?

IMO after watching the game Friday night, Tyler Thigpen really stood out as did McCauley & Robison.

That guy, IMO, has the makings of a great QB. I liked him better than both Bollinger & Henson. If we cut this guy, it's going to be a mistake.

If you saw the game or taped it, he was very accurate with his throws, with one exception & he had a lot of zip on his passes. Some of them were dropped, but should have been easily caught. Plus the guy can run.

If you taped the game, go back & watch his play again & I think you'll agree.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Tyler Thigpen - A steal as a #7 pick?

I loved his scramble for the first down. He did make some great plays but as usual you have to take into consideration that it's against other 7th rounders and 3rd/4th stringers.

Even if he does completely pan out as a Matt Schaub type backup, I doubt we ever have him start here. Childress stated that he likes to pick QB's in the later rounds and develop them as trade bait just as the Packers did in the 90's with players like Hasselbeck. Again, a bit early to be even thinking about him panning out that much but he did have a great game on Friday.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

No doubt i thought he put on a nice performance. I seen more in that game from him than i've ever seen from Bolinger. I'm sure he'll be the #2 QB next year, when he learns the system thourouly. He through the deep ball, he didn't have happy feet like Bolinger, he did a good job feeling out pressure and evading the rush. He's a guy who wasn't invited to the combine so was under the radar but Drafting crew is continueing to find guys in later rounds.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

The more I think about it, the more I would like to see him play with the 2nd team next week to see how he compares to Bollinger..

We picked him at #7? I thought we picked AD there. I could have sworn Thigpen was somewhere in the 200's. Wow is my memory bad.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"arrested_developer" wrote:
    We picked him at #7? I thought we picked AD there. I could have sworn Thigpen was somewhere in the 200's. Wow is my memory bad.
    LOL! I meant the 7th round. Good catch. It has been corrected.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Tyler Thigpen - A steal as a 7th round pick?

Thigpen had some wheels when he should have been sacked he just ran off for a first down. He also uncoiled that arm of his I ponder what type of future does he have ahead of him?
    Interesting draft pick being a 7th rounder and all
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

He certainly looked better than Bollinger, but they were both facing and surrounded by different talent so I don't want to judge them unfairly, but I certainly would like to see more of him to see what he's got.

If he does have skills, it is probably better for him to be cut and possibly find another place to play rather than be a career backup to TJ

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Silly rabbit.
    Tricks are for kids.
    ;D

My opinion is that this staff is one step ahead of most of us.

Maybe, just maybe, this kid was picked to be an insurance policy if for some unknown reason TJ doesn't pan out or gets hurt later on.

Don't ya think, don't ya?
    ;D

I did like what I saw not only from Tyler but all the rookies and second year guys.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Silly rabbit.
    Tricks are for kids.
    ;D

My opinion is that this staff is one step ahead of most of us.

Maybe, just maybe, this kid was picked to be an insurance policy if for some unknown reason TJ doesn't pan out or gets hurt later on.

Don't ya think, don't ya?
    ;D

I did like what I saw not only from Tyler but all the rookies and second year guys.

I don't doubt they are and honestly I would expect them to be. But what I want to see is for them to be a step ahead of other coaching staffs.Then it will say something

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast