Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Todd Pinkston aka: Alligator Arms

What a chump! Nancy Boy!!

By Nunyo Demasio
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Friday, December 24, 2004; Page D01

Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Todd Pinkston suddenly halted at the end of a deep pattern against the Washington Redskins two weeks ago as quarterback Donovan McNabb's pass fell to the ground only a few yards away.

"Unbelievable. You've heard of alligator arms," said ESPN analyst Joe Theismann during the Dec. 12 broadcast of the game, citing a term often used when football players stop short to avoid a collision. "This is alligator body."

Pinkston explained his abandoned route by saying that he lost the ball in the FedEx Field lights. But Washington's defensive players suspect that Pinkston gave up on the ball because he feared getting hit by Redskins rookie safety Sean Taylor.

Check out this link, its pretty funny:
    Todd Pinkston breaking barriers as NFL’s first woman
    http://www.sportscolumn.com/story/2005/1/6/112240/5630

Del Rio Guest

Sean Taylor is a cheap bastage. He would look to hurt someone.
    But alas this isn't the first time Ol brown eye Pinkston pulled this.

We need to get some good solid hits on Todd Pinkston to get him thinking about being hit. He obviously does not like being hit hard. I think if Brian Williams can lay some wood on him early he will be much less effective on Sunday.

No TO will hurt the Eagles, but we need to be able to score points on the Eagles good defense. Should be a close game.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler

If our D plays full throttle like against the Pack, Pinkston will disappear; however, if our D decides to regress to its previous state, I worry that our frequent inability to cover in the middle might actually make Pinkston look like a decent WR...

Of course, we would have to be INSANE to go back to the earlier model of defensive strategy! Go Vikes!
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

mikey418 is offline Training Camp

"Odin VAVikefan" wrote:
    If our D plays full throttle like against the Pack, Pinkston will disappear; however, if our D decides to regress to its previous state, I worry that our frequent inability to cover in the middle might actually make Pinkston look like a decent WR...

Of course, we would have to be INSANE to go back to the earlier model of defensive strategy! Go Vikes!
    Pinkston is a good WR at what he does. Going over the middle IS NOT that. He's good at runing streaks and come-backs....slants should be avoided with him. As he did alligator that pass in Washington, he also had 99 yards receiving....

I personally think Pinkston is better suited as a #3 (not in the slot, but move your #1/2 inside). He's got speed and makes plays when he's focused.....and being focused seems to be his problem. Just like Moss, if you get in his head....he may have issues.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

We will get into his head...by laying him out the first chance we get on Sunday!!! He will be a timid little mouse for the rest of the game...rendered ineffective by the power of the Viking D!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Point is Pinky rarely puts himself in a position to be layed out. Like I mentioned about, Sean Taylor was "in his head" in that Washington game yet he tallied 99 yards....all coming after that "lost in the lights" crap. I wouldn't be worried about Pinkston if I were you...I would be worried about both Westbrook and Levans being in the backfield and tons of formation shifts out of that.

I was a Dorsey doubter when the birds signed him, but he's looked very impressive at the end of the year. Sending Westbrook out wide and forcing a LB to cover him is instant death. And you can't forget about LJ Smith...he's a big, fast TE that also poses problems for Minn. slow LBs. Pinkston will just be used to compliment the RBs/TEs

Del Rio Guest

Do we have slow Linebackers?

News to me.

According to everything I've heard/read, the Minn LBs are on the slow side by NFL standards....

Del Rio Guest

That's interesting I always heard we had a very undersized and fast defense and the LB's are not excluded.

Regardless Westbrook is the man and he will need to be dealt with. As well as both TE's they are both above par.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast