Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Titans week

pigskin911 is offline Training Camp

Re: Titans week

"Yfz01" wrote:
    "pigskin911" wrote:
    "Yfz01" wrote:
    "pigskin911" wrote:
    I would have to say the same thing to your your Qb.Tennessee's defense is not your average defense,and i find it funny how sum of you viking fans think otherwise.And what makes you guys a good team all of a sudden?Because you beat a mediocore Panthers team?What happened when you played two legitimate playoffs teams,you couldn't hang.Say what you want about who we played, bottom line,we dominated all 3 of those teams like good teams are suppose to do.Your team isn't bringing anything new to the table on sunday that we haven't seen.Unlike your division we play above average teams that can run the ball, so dont get your panties in a bunch thinkin your bringin Walter Payton and Jim Brown to tennessee sunday cause its not happening.
    Oh, barely losing two games.
    We made a switch at QB similar to you guys. You have a great defense, but turnovers come and go, you cant expect 2-3-4 interceptions everygame... Our defense will be as good as yours by the end of the year, and I believe we are going to win in a low scoring affair.
    You don't agree?
    Okay, explain why. Because telling us that we beat a Carolina team that was UNDEFEATED before we played them, and gave them a loss, and easily controlling the game was impressive.
    You absolutely have no threat at receiver and both running backs will be shut down.
    To say you will put up more points then us, is hard to believe.
    Don't get your panties all up in a bunch because you disagree with what people are saying about your team.
    This is a Vikings forum after all...

We will see on Sunday who the better team is.
    For the second week in a row, we will come out on top(hopefully)

Prediction 13-10.(You'll score on defense!)
    Hate to tell you but the NFL doesn't give you any credit for Barely losing games.Secondly i can easily say that you have no opposing threat at wide receiver either,Berrian is far from a number one ,a speedy guy thats about it.And even if you did have a WR threat i wouldnt be worried cause we've matched up against better. Our secondary aren't scrubs their a solid group with alot of potentional.Its going to be a battle of the trenches,field goal or touchdown wins this game.We are playing at home so i feel a little bit better,now if we were playing on your turf i'd be a little more worried.I'm disagreeing with what some poeple say because you guys act like our AP and CT are going to run through the our defense,which is hardly the case.Our defense is much better then the 3 teams you've played.And not just this year if you check the stats even going back last year our defense was ranked 5th in total defense,while yours was 20th.You may be able to stuff the run,but theirs more to football then running.
    Try to be creative and make up sum of your own lines instead of grabbin mine next time
    The line you used worked so well in that situation though.
    You got super worked up over what people said about your team.
    I never said your defense was bad, but you seem to have missed a few offseason moves the Vikings made.
    We brought in Jared Allen because our pass rush was so bad.
    The result of this move has made our pass defense much better, and we are now middle of the pack in that, against two teams that ranked near the top.
    Our receivers are better then yours, but your D-Backs are better then ours, resulting in a draw.
    We have faced some of the most explosive receivers in the league already.

Seriously, we match up well vs you guys.
    It's not me being a homer but it's pretty obvious.
    You guys arent going to pass all over us, you wont run all over us.
    We arent going to pass all over you, but I predict we will do decent on the ground, at least 100 yards between AP and CT.
    It'll be a low scoring affair won in the trenches, and we happen to be better on both fronts...
    How are you better on both fronts?And what are you going by?Stats?If your going by who we played thats stupid,we beat the scrub teams like we're suppose to do.If your defense is so good like you say it is you would of beat Indy and and Green Bay.I don't wanna hear your excuses either that your QB blew it, not my problem,get a better one.Bottom line, defense wins games and you guys had your chances in both games thats why your 1-2.Basing your theory on "barely" losing and a win against a average defense doesn't cut it but if that whats going to give you and the rest of your viking friends a hard on till Sunday go for it.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

How are you better on both fronts?And what are you going by?Stats?If your going by who we played thats stupid,we beat the scrub teams like we're suppose to do.If your defense is so good like you say it is you would of beat Indy and and Green Bay.I don't wanna hear your excuses either that your QB blew it, not my problem,get a better one.Bottom line, defense wins games and you guys had your chances in both games thats why your 1-2.Basing your theory on "barely" losing and a win against a average defense doesn't cut it but if that whats going to give you a hard on till Sunday go for it.
    LMAO!

I am sure glad it's not your problem!
    That is automatically one of the most ridiculous statements that has been posted on PP.O in ages.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

We're better on both fronts. Every NFL expert will say so. We have the best D-Line in the NFL. Every NFL expert will say so. We had the #1 rushing offense in the NFL last year. Stats say so. We had the #1 rushing defense in the NFL last year. Stats say so. We added Jared Allen who is a pass rushing god. I say so.

Our BACKUP LT has taken on Kampman, Freeney, and Peppers in the last 3 weeks. I don't think Vanden Bosch will be any more of a problem for him. Adrian Peterson is still one of the best backs in the NFL, if not the best. EZU's Chris Johnson can't hold his jock until he proves it.

I don't make predictions because it's a big superstition of mine, but I'm just sayin'. Don't get too big of a head Titans fans. We're not too shabby of a team.

And for the record Kerry Collins=Gus Frerotte.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"pigskin911" wrote:
    How are you better on both fronts?And what are you going by?Stats?If your going by who we played thats stupid,we beat the scrub teams like we're suppose to do.If your defense is so good like you say it is you would of beat Indy and and Green Bay.I don't wanna hear your excuses either that your QB blew it, not my problem,get a better one.Bottom line, defense wins games and you guys had your chances in both games thats why your 1-2.Basing your theory on "barely" losing and a win against a average defense doesn't cut it but if that whats going to give you a hard on till Sunday go for it.
    That big thing down at the bottom of your keyboard is called the "SPACE bar".
    It is used to create spaces between words - and sentences.
    Those spaces help the reader of your typed thoughts distinguish between those thoughts so that they can attempt to comprehend the point you are trying to make.

Such as this:

The "Stolen by Bud Adams from Houston" Tennessee Titans are 3-7 all-time vs. the Minnesota Vikings, if you count the Houston Oilers years.

If you count ONLY the Tennesse years, they are 0-3.
    Jeff Fisher is 0-4 as head coach of the franchise against the Vikings.

See how relevant points are made in a clear and concise manner?

Try it, you'll be surprised at the way your thoughts will just leap off the page.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

How often does it happen that games billed a certain way don't play out as predicted.

On paper this is a low scoring defensive battle. Both teams are improved on last year but I think the Titans rebuilding is a year ahaed of the Vikes & that's what'll make the difference.

It'll be close but I think with the Titans being at home we edge it.

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Rebel" wrote:
    Didn't realize that joking was off limits especially with an opening like that.
    ??? I would think that the posters on here would be adult enough to deal with a little innocent needling. And please keep your comments about "flaming"thumb tacks on the DL as it insults my sensibilities. :-*

Guess as long as you are a Viking fan its ok
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=42874.0
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=46677.0

and just for you ultra:
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=44556.msg771945#msg771945
    Your an outsider (who is welcome of course) but we always have to be on the lookout for trolls.
    People of other teams like to come in and just be asshats and disrupt the site.
    My post was more of a warning that we do not go for that here.

Those posts you cited are irrellevant to this.

Welcome.
    Well, he effectively navigated the search function...
    Gotta give him that.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

well.. after reviewing a few stats and news releases i can say this.

a battle of the trenches is exactly what Bchill has hoped for. the vikes front 4 on D is dominant.. it will def be a determination of.. can collins get the ball out fast enouf? or will the Oline make the holes for the RB to get through.. trust me when i say.. running up the middle.. won't get you very far..

as for the other side of things. yes tenn. has a great D. and it is soething that will be a major test for our Oline.. esp with mntMck still not in the mix.
    Gus knows how to stay as mobile as he's able to and get the pass's in. this is probably what will be the winning factor for us.AP + CT have different running styles.. one is in you face punch running.. the other.. hits like a truck.. runs as fast and cuts like a porche..
    containing them ALL game is not an easy task.
    esp if AP gets one look at open field..

now Tenn's d is a very solid. the secondary is ball hawking like ours. and opportunistic. I am really thinking this will be FG's and maybe 1-2 td's total. it'll be a great game to watch, and as my dad said. "the team that still has gas int he 4th qtr.. will win it"

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    I and a bunch of us PP.Oers will be coming down to Nashville for the game.

Look out Nashville, Singer & Marrdro will be on the loose all weekend.
    Look out Nasville indeed.
    Looking forward to it my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    LMAO!

I am sure glad it's not your problem!
    That is automatically one of the most ridiculous statements that has been posted on PP.O in ages.
    Followed closely in ridiculous-ness by the part of his post I turned red. We're talking about how some players play compared to other players, and we're not allowed to use historically verifiable evidence of how those players play? What are we supposed to use, a magic frickin' 8-ball?

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    I and a bunch of us PP.Oers will be coming down to Nashville for the game.

Look out Nashville, Singer & Marrdro will be on the loose all weekend.
    Look out Nasville indeed.
    Looking forward to it my friend.

;D
    I'm coming loaded with a black eye, case of beer, and a bottle of whiskey.
    Look out Nashville here we come!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast