Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Titans week

pigskin911 is offline Training Camp

Re: Titans week

I would have to say the same thing to your your Qb.Tennessee's defense is not your average defense,and i find it funny how sum of you viking fans think otherwise.And what makes you guys a good team all of a sudden?Because you beat a mediocore Panthers team?What happened when you played two legitimate playoffs teams,you couldn't hang.Say what you want about who we played, bottom line,we dominated all 3 of those teams like good teams are suppose to do.Your team isn't bringing anything new to the table on sunday that we haven't seen.Unlike your division we play above average teams that can run the ball, so dont get your panties in a bunch thinkin your bringin Walter Payton and Jim Brown to tennessee sunday cause its not happening.

Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach

"pigskin911" wrote:
    I would have to say the same thing to your your Qb.Tennessee's defense is not your average defense,and i find it funny how sum of you viking fans think otherwise.And what makes you guys a good team all of a sudden?Because you beat a mediocore Panthers team?What happened when you played two legitimate playoffs teams,you couldn't hang.Say what you want about who we played, bottom line,we dominated all 3 of those teams like good teams are suppose to do.Your team isn't bringing anything new to the table on sunday that we haven't seen.Unlike your division we play above average teams that can run the ball, so dont get your panties in a bunch thinkin your bringin Walter Payton and Jim Brown to tennessee sunday cause its not happening.
    Oh, barely losing two games.
    We made a switch at QB similar to you guys. You have a great defense, but turnovers come and go, you cant expect 2-3-4 interceptions everygame... Our defense will be as good as yours by the end of the year, and I believe we are going to win in a low scoring affair.
    You don't agree?
    Okay, explain why. Because telling us that we beat a Carolina team that was UNDEFEATED before we played them, and gave them a loss, and easily controlling the game was impressive.
    You absolutely have no threat at receiver and both running backs will be shut down.
    To say you will put up more points then us, is hard to believe.
    Don't get your panties all up in a bunch because you disagree with what people are saying about your team.
    This is a Vikings forum after all...

We will see on Sunday who the better team is.
    For the second week in a row, we will come out on top(hopefully)

Prediction 13-10.(You'll score on defense!)

Rebel Titan is offline Waterboy

Didn't realize that joking was off limits especially with an opening like that.
    ??? I would think that the posters on here would be adult enough to deal with a little innocent needling. And please keep your comments about "flaming"thumb tacks on the DL as it insults my sensibilities. :-*

Guess as long as you are a Viking fan its ok
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=42874.0
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=46677.0

and just for you ultra:
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=44556.msg771945#msg771945

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"Rebel" wrote:
    ??? I would think that the posters on here would be adult enough to deal with a little innocent needling. And please keep your comments about "flaming"thumb tacks on the DL as it insults my sensibilities. :-*

and just for you ultra:
    Maybe I missed something but what's with all these "gay" links you put up. Are you saying all Titan's fans are gay?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Rebel Titan is offline Waterboy

Hypocrisy

pigskin911 is offline Training Camp

"Yfz01" wrote:
    "pigskin911" wrote:
    We made a switch at QB similar to you guys. You have a great defense, but turnovers come and go, you cant expect 2-3-4 interceptions everygame... Our defense will be as good as yours by the end of the year, and I believe we are going to win in a low scoring affair.
    You don't agree?
    Okay, explain why. Because telling us that we beat a Carolina team that was UNDEFEATED before we played them, and gave them a loss, and easily controlling the game was impressive.
    You absolutely have no threat at receiver and both running backs will be shut down.
    Don't get your panties all up in a bunch because you disagree with what people are saying about your team.

Hate to tell you but the NFL doesn't give you any credit for Barely losing games.Secondly i can easily say that you have no opposing threat at wide receiver either,Berrian is far from a number one ,a speedy guy thats about it.And even if you did have a WR threat i wouldnt be worried cause we've matched up against better. Our secondary aren't scrubs their a solid group with alot of potentional.Its going to be a battle of the trenches,field goal or touchdown wins this game.We are playing at home so i feel a little bit better,now if we were playing on your turf i'd be a little more worried.I'm disagreeing with what some poeple say because you guys act like our AP and CT are going to run through the our defense,which is hardly the case.Our defense is much better then the 3 teams you've played.And not just this year if you check the stats even going back last year our defense was ranked 5th in total defense,while yours was 20th.You may be able to stuff the run,but theirs more to football then running.
    Try to be creative and make up sum of your own lines instead of grabbin mine next time

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Apparently there are jackasses on both sides here. I agree that the Vikes receiving corps is pretty "thin." Smith coming out of the backfield worries me a LOT! But our running defense is as solid as a rock and I think that will make the difference.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach

"pigskin911" wrote:
    "Yfz01" wrote:
    "pigskin911" wrote:
    You don't agree?

Hate to tell you but the NFL doesn't give you any credit for Barely losing games.Secondly i can easily say that you have no opposing threat at wide receiver either,Berrian is far from a number one ,a speedy guy thats about it.And even if you did have a WR threat i wouldnt be worried cause we've matched up against better. Our secondary aren't scrubs their a solid group with alot of potentional.Its going to be a battle of the trenches,field goal or touchdown wins this game.We are playing at home so i feel a little bit better,now if we were playing on your turf i'd be a little more worried.I'm disagreeing with what some poeple say because you guys act like our AP and CT are going to run through the our defense,which is hardly the case.Our defense is much better then the 3 teams you've played.And not just this year if you check the stats even going back last year our defense was ranked 5th in total defense,while yours was 20th.You may be able to stuff the run,but theirs more to football then running.
    Try to be creative and make up sum of your own lines instead of grabbin mine next time
    The line you used worked so well in that situation though.
    You got super worked up over what people said about your team.
    I never said your defense was bad, but you seem to have missed a few offseason moves the Vikings made.
    We brought in Jared Allen because our pass rush was so bad.
    The result of this move has made our pass defense much better, and we are now middle of the pack in that, against two teams that ranked near the top.
    Our receivers are better then yours, but your D-Backs are better then ours, resulting in a draw.
    We have faced some of the most explosive receivers in the league already.

Seriously, we match up well vs you guys.
    It's not me being a homer but it's pretty obvious.
    You guys arent going to pass all over us, you wont run all over us.
    We arent going to pass all over you, but I predict we will do decent on the ground, at least 100 yards between AP and CT.
    It'll be a low scoring affair won in the trenches, and we happen to be better on both fronts...

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Rebel" wrote:

and just for you ultra:
    Your an outsider (who is welcome of course) but we always have to be on the lookout for trolls.
    People of other teams like to come in and just be asshats and disrupt the site.
    My post was more of a warning that we do not go for that here.

Those posts you cited are irrellevant to this.

Welcome.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"pigskin911" wrote:
    I dig it when people try to make insults without understanding the basics of communicating with the written word.

So - is Vince Young done crying on the sidelines yet?
    Is his momma still yelling at the Tennessee fans for being mean?

LOL!

In reality - any Jeff Fisher coached team is going to be tough defensively, and Kerry Collins (old and immobile he may be) is a seasoned vet who gives the Titans a calming presence under center.
    That said, the Vikings defense cannot be run on and has not been run on in 3 years.
    So it will come down to keeping that old man from getting crushed by Phat Pat and the rest of the best d-line in the NFL.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast