Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Times Up

The Gap is offline Starter

Times Up

What can I say? There’s no need for I told you so. The game was played and reality has set in. Now that it’s over do I need to beat my chest and point to everything that I said earlier? No, besides the bleed purple fans surely saw a different game than I did. If you are as loyal a fan as myself I know how you feel. It’s a shame that there is no tomorrow because of everything you put into the season. I know how hard it is to let go. I could criticize a bunch of the posts and opinions I’ve read after the loss. I could try to correct the misinformation put forth and give my view but I know it’s all needed as a form of therapy. I find it curious that some choose to find a form of redemption in hoping the Eagles fail next week. Will that make your loss any easier to take? Will that mean your team didn’t let you down? Are the Packer fans at ease now that you have failed? Here’s the bottom line. I went to the game and enjoyed it immensely. Afterwards we went out partying and had plenty of fun. Were we celebrating your failure? No just enjoying the ride. If it ends next week we still had the fun of getting this far. If it continues there will be more partying and fun and that’s what it’s all about. Entertainment! Pro Football when looked on as a whole rewards only 3% with the grand prize (Lombardi Trophy) so how can something where such a high percentage end their season on a down note be so popular? Because there is more to it than winning the Super Bowl. For that reason the Vikings have nothing to be ashamed of. It was all fun and the fun just ended earlier for you but not as early as some.
    From here I’ll take my act to Atlanta and in the end have them hating me just as much as you guys hate me. But deep inside you know I was good for this. I had to make you smile a little and you had to look forward to what this jerk was gonna say next. I’m today’s arrogant jerk but I’ll be tomorrows missing person you love to hate. I had fun with you guys you made winning all the more enjoyable.
    Now to end with something that should reinforce what you term my arrogance I’ll say, “It’s not my fault I am so good, God just made me that way”
    194 Days til we start it all again Tick …… Tick ……. Tick

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Times Up

Congrats on the win and the fun time. Good post all together!

I think a lot of fans do want you guys to lose because you beat us. But, I know a lot of us do not like Atlanta either (1998). Good luck on containing Vick.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Times Up

I'll pull for the Eagles next week because I think they'd represent the NFC well in the Super Bowl. I won't be terribly disapointed if the Eagles lose though. For the most part the Eagles fans are rude, arrogant and obnoxious..., and not just on this site. Hearing about how opposing fans can't wear their teams colors to games, and how opposing players are hated, and have things thrown at them, just doesn't instill a lot of compassion in me for the folks in The City of Brotherly Love.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Times Up

"The Gap" wrote:
    What can I say? There’s no need for I told you so. The game was played and reality has set in. Now that it’s over do I need to beat my chest and point to everything that I said earlier? No, besides the bleed purple fans surely saw a different game than I did. If you are as loyal a fan as myself I know how you feel. It’s a shame that there is no tomorrow because of everything you put into the season. I know how hard it is to let go. I could criticize a bunch of the posts and opinions I’ve read after the loss. I could try to correct the misinformation put forth and give my view but I know it’s all needed as a form of therapy. I find it curious that some choose to find a form of redemption in hoping the Eagles fail next week. Will that make your loss any easier to take? Will that mean your team didn’t let you down? Are the Packer fans at ease now that you have failed? Here’s the bottom line. I went to the game and enjoyed it immensely. Afterwards we went out partying and had plenty of fun. Were we celebrating your failure? No just enjoying the ride. If it ends next week we still had the fun of getting this far. If it continues there will be more partying and fun and that’s what it’s all about. Entertainment! Pro Football when looked on as a whole rewards only 3% with the grand prize (Lombardi Trophy) so how can something where such a high percentage end their season on a down note be so popular? Because there is more to it than winning the Super Bowl. For that reason the Vikings have nothing to be ashamed of. It was all fun and the fun just ended earlier for you but not as early as some.
    From here I’ll take my act to Atlanta and in the end have them hating me just as much as you guys hate me. But deep inside you know I was good for this. I had to make you smile a little and you had to look forward to what this jerk was gonna say next. I’m today’s arrogant jerk but I’ll be tomorrows missing person you love to hate. I had fun with you guys you made winning all the more enjoyable.
    Now to end with something that should reinforce what you term my arrogance I’ll say, “It’s not my fault I am so good, God just made me that way”
    PUHLEEZE FOOL...arrogant you are....good you are NOT. Boy, I would hate to see the hypothetical offspring of you and Philly Girl...not only would they think that their pooh didn't stink, they would try and sell it on eBay as the latest and greatest perfume...don't think that we hate you and will think of you once you are gone...you are just a blip on the Purplepride radar...someone that we sparred with and whose team just happened to be better than ours on this occasion...once you are gone from here, we will be moving on as well. As far as us rooting against you guys for some sort of redemption...well, I have always hated the Iggles, so for me I will ALWAYS root against them...next week included. If you guys win it all, more power to you...it's just that I won't be celebrating along with youse guys. And now, it's time for you to...GET LOST!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Times Up

"The Gap" wrote:
    LOL...it's pretty clear from reading all this jibberish that you must have partied hard! Good luck with the hangover tomorrow and the game next week.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Times Up

hey jaws jr,
    i know the tick tick tick is for me. you can sh!t and fall back in it.
    we dont hate you. we have pity for you. what did you do before the eagles drafted mcnabb who you booed like it was ryan leaf? i bet u you were one of those fools there.
    what did you do before the eagles climbed out of the basement again? cellar dweller!!!
    like i said, if it wasnt for mcnabb you guys would still be dwelling in that basement. and what have the eagles been but the last of the losers for the past 3 years. so YOU really dont have anything yet.
    and it wont be YOURS, it will be the teams, and the cities, and the fans. you dont qualify to claim anything.

The Gap is offline Starter

Times Up

To my friend The Animal
    You are breakin my heart
    Does this mean our shopping trips off?

Times Up

I didnt just start hating Philly now, I have hated them ever since I saw what their fans acted like and how cocky and arrogant they are about 5 years ago. One of my good friends is from Jersey and him and his family are obviously Eagle fans..and I remember going to his house to watch the Eagles and the Bucs a while back in the NFC title game and before the game I was talking about the Vikings and Moss and all everyone had to say is how Moss was a punk, how much he sucked and was a wimp, and how badly the Vikings sucked. I was shocked at how animate they were in criticizing my team and it really made me feel like crap. They opened my eyes to what being an Eagle fan is all about: arrogance. I have yet to meet an Eagle fan who is not like this...so therefore it makes me dislike the Eagles team. I also dont like how the media always places McNabb on a pedistal higher than Culepper...its simply not the case. Look at this years stats...and McNabb had TO for 13-14 games and Culpepper only had Moss for 10-11.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Times Up

"The Gap" wrote:
    To my friend The Animal
    You are breakin my heart
    Does this mean our shopping trips off?
    thas a good one!!!!! i know i am. well honey, as long as daddy is buying we will get you some little black boots and a little santa hat and you will be on your merry way!!!!

well have fun with vick. go convince their fans that YOUR team is better than theirs.
    good game btw. they showed up to play!!!!
    hats off to the d, and i hope that the eagles still have the "lucky touchdown horseshoe" they will need it, i think.

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Times Up

wow, this thread turned very bitter very fast!
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast