Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

The thunderous roar of....silence.

They made sure to grind our faces in it. They made a POINT of comming back and bragging up their team. They predicted a Superbowl victory, and had they been proven correct, they would have been here to gloat.

I'm calling VH1. This is a great opportunity for a "Where are they NOW?" episode.

The Eagles got plucked, and their fans are all home now wondering how they're going to pay off that second mortgage they took out to go to the game.

Almost makes me want to weep.

Almost.

Ok, not really.

Caine

Del Rio Guest

Well in regards to them coming here I'm not sure what they have to prove. Last time I checked they were the best team in the NFC. Last time I checked they beat out quite a few good teams to get where they went including us twice.

It is hilarious how a team can make the championship game, lose and all that accomplishment is discredited. Not only in the NFL, but in all of sports. Second place means nothing.

I know there was a lot of smack talking going on, but I respect the Eagles team. They were the #1 NFC team they handed us our assess 2 times. Mcnabb obviously had a rough time with that amazing D the patriots run and he was hit a lot. I have a feeling if our team would have been there we would have met almost the exact same results.

Anyways that's my rant nothing against the post it is true. I would like to see what they have to say, but you can't knock confidence in one's team.

Now the fans in general deserved the pain. Hope it feels like a battery hitting you upside your head, humiliates like having beer poured on you, maybe even humbles you for at least one day to know that your team got man handled.

Your D was awesome in the begining, but that offense was horrendous. Mcnabb was making some horrible decisions. And the Patriots could have blown that game away with all the turnovers that were handed to them. They showed more heart, more confidence and there is no doubt in my mind who deserved that trophy.

Out played and out coached.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Del,

My post was directed at the handful of fans who came here and ran off at the mouth.

As for the Eagles themselves, I agree that they are a fantastic team. I have no beef with the TEAM...just the obnoxious fans who were here.

Credit where Credit is due: A few of them were also cool - so, for those, I feel your pain.

For the obnoxious ones...REAP THE WHIRLWIND!!!

Caine

Euphman06 is offline Asst. Coach

My saying is as goes... Second place is the first place to lose.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"Euphman06" wrote:
    Second place is the first place to lose.
    That's too deep for me.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Euphman06" wrote:
    I think it goes, "2nd place is just the 1st loser".

Del Rio Guest

"Euphman06" wrote:
    Yeah ......................1st place in the NFC.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

As much as I hate to say it, they did kick our ass.....
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

The Gap is offline Starter

I think there’s too much talk (especially here in Philly) concerning the what ifs. It’s over, it was good, enough said! This is what happens when there is no more. It’s time to start looking to next year and the first stop there is free agency. That includes resigning and acquiring. Not that exciting but it’s something. In Minny there’s plenty for you guys to speculate on with the imminent sale. Only you know what the reports are saying. New ownership leaves so many unknowns. Cheap or free spender, Hands on or hands off, Coaching, Image, Moss compatibility, and of course plans relating to location. With LA still sitting teamless the threat to move is still a clear and present danger. At least you won’t have a boring off-season because new ownership always brings change. When our team was sold they decided to change something I was dead against ‘New uniforms with new colors and emblem’. As it turns out I prefer the new green which is closer to a real dark aqua and the new emblem has grown on me so before getting too upset if you hear about changes hang tight and see how it goes. I mention uniforms because it’s become such a popular thing to change because it generates so much in new sales. What if you guys end up with all gold (yellow) jerseys and the purple is used as trim. You’ll have to consider changing to “Yellow Pride” and that’s a bit of an oxymoron.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

You’ll have to consider changing to “Yellow Pride” and that’s a bit of an oxymoron.
    LOL That would be "Golden Pride" to you. My Vikes jacket is half gold and half purple. Not sure you can get the style I have anymore. Its an older one. The shoulders and sleeves are gold and the body purple with gold trim at bottom and Vikings across the back in gold. I wouldn't mind a little more gold on the uni's.

WWBGD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast