Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Crunchem is offline Rookie

Re: Thank You Brad Childress

My issues with Childress is he has no idea how to make in game adjustments..no less any at halftime.
    Other teams come out and have changed things around and the vikes come out doing the same ineffective thing.
    Thats bad coaching..plus you have a star at running back who had 108 yrds at halftime...he got a WHOLE 4 yds in the second half.
    WHY? because the coach went away from what was working! BAD coaching!
    Lets go fishing

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Crunchem" wrote:
    My issues with Childress is he has no idea how to make in game adjustments..no less any at halftime.
    Other teams come out and have changed things around and the vikes come out doing the same ineffective thing.
    Thats bad coaching..plus you have a star at running back who had 108 yrds at halftime...he got a WHOLE 4 yds in the second half.
    Wasn't that the complaint against Tice?
    If so, then we should have stuck with him...at least we would be on the fringe of playoff contention...maybe even better since Wilf would have actually given Tice MORE coaches and MORE resources than Red "The King of the TURDBURGLARS" McCombs ever did.

Actually, I don't think that there was much that Chilly could have done this game...our LBs and DBs were getting beat on quick slants all day long...and McCauley got smoked on that last TD through no fault but his own.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"TimmyT" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "stateVIKE44" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=TimmyT link=topic=38402.msg647745#msg647745 date=1191257886]
    LOL @ people still thinking Childress is the problem.
    Thanks for the bland, uninformative, arrogant, pointless, and flat out laughable post.

Want to back it up?

Why wasn't Chilly calling offensive plays when he was in Philly? Please enlighten me... :
    I've backed it up numerous times, but apparently you weren't paying attention so I'll do it again.

The playcalling yesterday was much better, and our offense had some rhythm. But, we don't know how to finish drives, every time we got into the opponents territory something went wrong. I knew the Vikings weren't going to be good this season, the only thing I'm really suprised about is how bad of a start we got off to. To be honest, I didn't think we'd win anymore than 6 games this year, but I NEVER thought we'd be 1-3 going into the bye.

The reason Childress isn't the problem is because the Vikings don't have talent on the offensive side of the ball. You aren't going to win many games when you have 2 unproven QB's (Tavaris Jackson & Kelly Holcomb), throwing to garbage WR's with no playmaking ability. It's that simple.

I'm not saying Childress is going to be a good coach, I'm just telling you it's unfair for you to judge him this early with the lack of talent he has on the offensive side of the ball.

Calling our wide receivers "garbage" is a reach. Wade made some really nice plays yesterday, Rice is FINALLY getting some balls thrown to him, and showing that he can be a big play guy, T-Will was at least CATCHING the ball. Our wide receiver group may be unproven, but in no way would I consider them "garbage".

As for play calling, I think our red zone offense will change now after Rice's catch yesterday. We have no problem getting inside the 30, even the 20, but from there we cannot do a thing. Well, Rice just earned himself a few jump balls thrown his way if you ask me, now it's just a matter of Childress getting those plays called. I'm confident he will...
    Were in the hell did you come from?

Somehow I don't have you on my optimist list.
    Nice post my friend.

;D
    Who are you referring to, Marrdro?
    [/quote]
    stateVIKE44 TT.
    I honestly don't ever remember reading one of his posts.

I already have you on my Ally list.
    ;D
    (Kidding I really don't have a list like that.)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

stateVIKE44 is offline Pro-Bowler

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "stateVIKE44" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    Thanks for the bland, uninformative, arrogant, pointless, and flat out laughable post.

Want to back it up?

Why wasn't Chilly calling offensive plays when he was in Philly? Please enlighten me... :
    I've backed it up numerous times, but apparently you weren't paying attention so I'll do it again.

The playcalling yesterday was much better, and our offense had some rhythm. But, we don't know how to finish drives, every time we got into the opponents territory something went wrong. I knew the Vikings weren't going to be good this season, the only thing I'm really suprised about is how bad of a start we got off to. To be honest, I didn't think we'd win anymore than 6 games this year, but I NEVER thought we'd be 1-3 going into the bye.

The reason Childress isn't the problem is because the Vikings don't have talent on the offensive side of the ball. You aren't going to win many games when you have 2 unproven QB's (Tavaris Jackson & Kelly Holcomb), throwing to garbage WR's with no playmaking ability. It's that simple.

I'm not saying Childress is going to be a good coach, I'm just telling you it's unfair for you to judge him this early with the lack of talent he has on the offensive side of the ball.

Calling our wide receivers "garbage" is a reach. Wade made some really nice plays yesterday, Rice is FINALLY getting some balls thrown to him, and showing that he can be a big play guy, T-Will was at least CATCHING the ball. Our wide receiver group may be unproven, but in no way would I consider them "garbage".

As for play calling, I think our red zone offense will change now after Rice's catch yesterday. We have no problem getting inside the 30, even the 20, but from there we cannot do a thing. Well, Rice just earned himself a few jump balls thrown his way if you ask me, now it's just a matter of Childress getting those plays called. I'm confident he will...

Nice post my friend.

;D
    LOL, I was just telling myself today, as I read through some threads, that I like YOUR optimism. I usually just sit back and read other people's opinions for the most part, but i'm getting more comfortable sharing mine. I'm glad to be on your side!
    "I play for the love of the game; I play because there is no greater feeling than hearing 80,000 fans screaming when you smack somebody!"
    ~ Jared Allen

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:

Want to back it up?

About the "we can't finish drives in their territory"...(pssss... that's called coaching..... )

And I'm not just blaming our Offense. Our pass D is awful. Did you watch that game yesterday?
    :

Please, don't "LOL all the people who think it's Chilly", like some arrogant prick. Watch the games, observe the calls and use your brain.
    Our pass D was most certainly NOT awful.
    Did you watch that game yesterday? :

And out of curiosity, if we fired Childress right now, who would replace him?
    Who would come in here in mid season and miraculously turn the season around.
    Even if we were stupid enough to fire him after 4 weeks, we would never find a replacement during the season because nobody would want to come into a system in the middle of the season and try and work for an ownership who is willing to fire a coach mid season to begin with.

And there is absolutely no reason to call someone a prick.
    Especially when you are acting like one yourself.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"Crunchem" wrote:
    I just have 2 questions my friend.
    Did you read my post on page 9 of the rant thread and did you watch the game?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"stateVIKE44" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "stateVIKE44" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=TimmyT link=topic=38402.msg647745#msg647745 date=1191257886]

Want to back it up?

Nice post my friend.

;D
    LOL, I was just telling myself today, as I read through some threads, that I like YOUR optimism. I usually just sit back and read other people's opinions for the most part, but i'm getting more comfortable sharing mine. I'm glad to be on your side!
    [/quote]
    Feel free to comment.
    Most of the posters on here with half a clue like to hear the other side if it is articulated with some sort of thought.

For the ones who don't flop them.
    They are easily ignored ;D

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"stateVIKE44" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:

Want to back it up?

I agree are receivers are decent. Although I would start Rice and dump Ferguson. What we need is a QB that can feed them the ball. Kelly and TJ are inconsistent. We also need our OL to take their heads out of their asses. We can stop the run. That is great but does it matter when the pass defense is terrible. We are not using AD like we should. Give him the ball.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

You folks that continue to berate Childress are amusing. Brad didn't over throw wide open recievers, Chiller didn't have a pre-snap penalty. I think his system is still coming along and is getting closer to smoothing out and finding a rhytm. Until we get to a "mid-season form" I will hold my judgement.
    Nope. Childress needs to be fired.

Please keep your unproven theories to yourself.

Childress will continue to prove me right by calling check-down plays when it's 3rd and 9... or taking AD out when we were in OT against the Lions.
    I'd LOVE to get a copy of the coach-QB communications that you must obviously have so that you know exactly what plays were called.
    And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send me a copy of the playbook, since you also must have that so that you can turn a play-call into the diagrammed play.

That would be so cool.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"stateVIKE44" wrote:

I was pleased to see Rice finally get the opportunity to show what he can do. He will be making a lot more grabs like that before the season is finished. I'm still not enamoured with some of the play calling but things are improving, only not quick enough at the moment for a lot of people.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast