Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Thank You Brad Childress

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    LOL @ people still thinking Childress is the problem.
    Thanks for the bland, uninformative, arrogant, pointless, and flat out laughable post.

Want to back it up?

Why wasn't Chilly calling offensive plays when he was in Philly? Please enlighten me... :
    Someone else that had a bigger vote wanted to.
    ;D

Comeon my friend.
    I gave you some very good stuff earlier with regard to play calling and production from both the passing and running.
    You can't honestly tell me that you didn't see some improvement Sunday can you?

What does the guy have to do (besides win a few games
    ;D) to convince you that he is the right guy?

If nothing else, take a look at the teams attitude.
    They haven't quit on him.
    If that happens then I am off the Chiller bandwagon.
    Until them I say, give him time to get this talented group up and running.

Bye week, gives him time to game plan, some key players can get healthy (anyone heard on Edwards status) and we will get one in the "W" column week 6.
    ;D
    You may have, but he didn't.

Regardless... you can talk all you want about "progress"

What I see is bad decisions made late in games... winnable games... decisions that lose us those games.

Keep talking about "Progress" because we are worse at this year than we were at this point last year.

It's the play calling. It's the player's preparedness for games (coaching). It's Childress.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

"C" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    Thanks for the bland, uninformative, arrogant, pointless, and flat out laughable post.

Want to back it up?

Why wasn't Chilly calling offensive plays when he was in Philly? Please enlighten me... :
    I've backed it up numerous times, but apparently you weren't paying attention so I'll do it again.

The playcalling yesterday was much better, and our offense had some rhythm. But, we don't know how to finish drives, every time we got into the opponents territory something went wrong. I knew the Vikings weren't going to be good this season, the only thing I'm really suprised about is how bad of a start we got off to. To be honest, I didn't think we'd win anymore than 6 games this year, but I NEVER thought we'd be 1-3 going into the bye.

The reason Childress isn't the problem is because the Vikings don't have talent on the offensive side of the ball. You aren't going to win many games when you have 2 unproven QB's (Tavaris Jackson & Kelly Holcomb), throwing to garbage WR's with no playmaking ability. It's that simple.

I'm not saying Childress is going to be a good coach, I'm just telling you it's unfair for you to judge him this early with the lack of talent he has on the offensive side of the ball.

In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

"TimmyT" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:

Want to back it up?

I've backed it up numerous times, but apparently you weren't paying attention so I'll do it again.

The playcalling yesterday was much better, and our offense had some rhythm. But, we don't know how to finish drives, every time we got into the opponents territory something went wrong. I knew the Vikings weren't going to be good this season, the only thing I'm really suprised about is how bad of a start we got off to. To be honest, I didn't think we'd win anymore than 6 games this year, but I NEVER thought we'd be 1-3 going into the bye.

The reason Childress isn't the problem is because the Vikings don't have talent on the offensive side of the ball. You aren't going to win many games when you have 2 unproven QB's (Tavaris Jackson & Kelly Holcomb), throwing to garbage WR's with no playmaking ability. It's that simple.

I'm not saying Childress is going to be a good coach, I'm just telling you it's unfair for you to judge him this early with the lack of talent he has on the offensive side of the ball.

About the "we can't finish drives in their territory"...(pssss... that's called coaching..... )

And I'm not just blaming our Offense. Our pass D is awful. Did you watch that game yesterday?
    :

Please, don't "LOL all the people who think it's Chilly", like some arrogant prick. Watch the games, observe the calls and use your brain.

You know what.... forget it.

I'll just be proven right later on. No worries.

"C" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:

Want to back it up?

About the "we can't finish drives in their territory"...(pssss... that's called coaching..... )

And I'm not just blaming our Offense. Our pass D is awful. Did you watch that game yesterday?
    :

Please, don't "LOL all the people who think it's Chilly", like some arrogant prick. Watch the games, observe the calls and use your brain.
    You can think what you want, but not many other coaches would be doing a better job than Childress. And I seriously doubt he'll be fired, even if we only win 4 games this season.

Our pass defense is awful because we don't have a good pass rushing defensive end. When you play a 4-3, you need end's that can get up field, we don't have that. The talent isn't there, it's that simple.

That's the differnce between our struggles, and other teams such as the Chargers. You look at their team, and they've talent all across the board. The Vikings do not. And they'll continue to struggle until they acquire more.

But I do agree that we've been getting too many silly penalties (false start, delay of game, etc) and that needs to stop ASAP! With that said, I still don't think coaching/penalties is the reason were losing games.

Young bitches is grazed

stateVIKE44 is offline Pro-Bowler

"TimmyT" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:

Want to back it up?

Calling our wide receivers "garbage" is a reach. Wade made some really nice plays yesterday, Rice is FINALLY getting some balls thrown to him, and showing that he can be a big play guy, T-Will was at least CATCHING the ball. Our wide receiver group may be unproven, but in no way would I consider them "garbage".

As for play calling, I think our red zone offense will change now after Rice's catch yesterday. We have no problem getting inside the 30, even the 20, but from there we cannot do a thing. Well, Rice just earned himself a few jump balls thrown his way if you ask me, now it's just a matter of Childress getting those plays called. I'm confident he will...
    "I play for the love of the game; I play because there is no greater feeling than hearing 80,000 fans screaming when you smack somebody!"
    ~ Jared Allen

"TimmyT" wrote:
    Our pass defense is awful because we don't have a good pass rushing defensive end. When you play a 4-3, you need end's that can get up field, we don't have that. The talent isn't there, it's that simple.

That's the differnce between our struggles, and other teams such as the Chargers. You look at their team, and they've talent all across the board. The Vikings do not. And they'll continue to struggle until they acquire more.
    We actually have a great pass rushing DE, his name is Robison. He either gets a sack or rushes the play every time he's in the game. But good point though...
    ???

the Chargers also have an awful coach, so you're not really helping your argument there.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"stateVIKE44" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:

Want to back it up?

Calling our wide receivers "garbage" is a reach. Wade made some really nice plays yesterday, Rice is FINALLY getting some balls thrown to him, and showing that he can be a big play guy, T-Will was at least CATCHING the ball. Our wide receiver group may be unproven, but in no way would I consider them "garbage".

As for play calling, I think our red zone offense will change now after Rice's catch yesterday. We have no problem getting inside the 30, even the 20, but from there we cannot do a thing. Well, Rice just earned himself a few jump balls thrown his way if you ask me, now it's just a matter of Childress getting those plays called. I'm confident he will...
    Were in the hell did you come from?

Somehow I don't have you on my optimist list.
    Nice post my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "stateVIKE44" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:

Want to back it up?

Were in the hell did you come from?

Somehow I don't have you on my optimist list.
    Nice post my friend.
    ;D
    Who are you referring to, Marrdro?
    Young bitches is grazed

All bickering aside, Rice's TD catch was awesome.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast