V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Texans>Vikings

"TexasTailgate" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "imatexan" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "TARKenton" wrote:
    I cant believe the texans have fans.
    course they have... the people that can't get season tickets for the Cowboys. How does it feel to be the #2 team in Texas ... despite all your posturing and mouthing off yall always be known as Texas's #2 team.

Actually that's wrong, I should say the #7 team in Texas after Cowboys, Rangers, Rockets, Mavericks, Spurs & Stars

I would rather be a number "two" team in Texas anyday than in Minnesota! Everything is bigger and better in Texas! How about sold out every single game since we were an NFl team! O well, I will excuse your ignorance and look foward to watching the Texans kill the men in purple tights!
    Go Texans!
    Come by Texanstalk, there is NO Vikings fans!
    LOL! Your post spews ignorance.
    The only thing bigger in Texas is half the population's ego about their overrated state.
    You have nice roads, thats about it - TXDOT is a nicely ran organization.

Also, last I checked our "tights" were white.
    What color are yours?

Why the hell anybody would want to live in or near Houston is beyond me - sorry fellow PP.Oers

The one thing I will give you credit for is that somehow the poohie Texans have sold out every game.
    Coming from someone who has traveled coast to coast several times, and been to TX over 25 times - you have nothing to brag about.
    Your state is average at best.
    I personally hate it there (especially the humid/sticky/miserable city known as Houston)...but that's just me.

Good luck to your team on Sunday.
    I expect another close game.
    I think the Vikings are going to win this one, but only because they need it more, not necessarily because they are the better team.
    The Texans better be good and used to playing in loud atmosphere because it's going to be pounding in the dome come Sunday.

When the Vikings win on Sunday, I'd be honored if you'd think of that donkey butt on Purplepride.org with the horrendously stupid name of BloodyHorns82 that ripped on your "bigger and better" state known as Tex-jiggly butt.
    :P

LMAO. I mean what kind of smack talk is this?
    And coming from a Minnesota fan???
    Really???

Houston has one of the best economies in the country and is currently one of the best places in the country to invest in real estate, work in, and the cost of living is great.
    Year round golf, hot women, one of the best restaurant cities in the country,etc,etc,etc... It is very underrated and has undergone huge transformation over the past decade.

BTW.. its 72 degrees outside with not a cloud in the sky.
    Pretty much spring time weather 6 months out of the year here.

Houston ranked at #1 recently in best cities to live, work and play:

http://www.kiplinger.com/features/archives/2008/05/2008-best-city-houston.html

Again.... Minnesota???
    Really??

Texas is nice yes

But the cost of living is quite a bit

And my girl was born and raised in Texarkana and hates it down in Texas.. Too hot and everyone thinks they are great

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

"TexasTailgate" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "imatexan" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "TARKenton" wrote:
    course they have... the people that can't get season tickets for the Cowboys. How does it feel to be the #2 team in Texas ... despite all your posturing and mouthing off yall always be known as Texas's #2 team.

Actually that's wrong, I should say the #7 team in Texas after Cowboys, Rangers, Rockets, Mavericks, Spurs & Stars

I would rather be a number "two" team in Texas anyday than in Minnesota! Everything is bigger and better in Texas! How about sold out every single game since we were an NFl team! O well, I will excuse your ignorance and look foward to watching the Texans kill the men in purple tights!
    Go Texans!
    The only thing bigger in Texas is half the population's ego about their overrated state.

What color are yours?

Why the hell anybody would want to live in or near Houston is beyond me - sorry fellow PP.Oers

The one thing I will give you credit for is that somehow the poohie Texans have sold out every game.
    Coming from someone who has traveled coast to coast several times, and been to TX over 25 times - you have nothing to brag about.
    I personally hate it there (especially the humid/sticky/miserable city known as Houston)...but that's just me.

I think the Vikings are going to win this one, but only because they need it more, not necessarily because they are the better team.
    The Texans better be good and used to playing in loud atmosphere because it's going to be pounding in the dome come Sunday.

When the Vikings win on Sunday, I'd be honored if you'd think of that donkey butt on Purplepride.org with the horrendously stupid name of BloodyHorns82 that ripped on your "bigger and better" state known as Tex-jiggly butt.

Really???

Houston has one of the best economies in the country and is currently one of the best places in the country to invest in real estate, work in, and the cost of living is great.
    Year round golf, hot women, one of the best restaurant cities in the country,etc,etc,etc... It is very underrated and has undergone huge transformation over the past decade.

Again.... Minnesota???
    Really??
    Have you BEEN to Minnesota?

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2008/

Plymouth,Mn best place to live

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    "TexasTailgate" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "imatexan" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    [quote author=TARKenton link=topic=48782.msg858401#msg858401 date=1225170494]

Go Texans!

What color are yours?

Really???

Again.... Minnesota???
    Really??
    Have you BEEN to Minnesota?
    [/quote]

Now you know the real target for "26 below keeps the riff-raff out".

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"TexasTailgate" wrote:

LMAO...... no mention of your mighty Toxics then... clearly golf is more of an attraction in Houston. Underrated ? possibly but always in the shadow of Dallas and consigned as the poor hick cousins.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"V4L" wrote:

I saw that too when I googled best places to live. My first apartment was in plymouth, nothing special though.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"TexasTailgate" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "imatexan" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "TARKenton" wrote:

Go Texans!

What color are yours?

Really???

Again.... Minnesota???
    Really??
    Sorry, but it's hard to talk smack between two teams that spell mediocrity.
    It's mid 50's and sunny here in Minneapolis, 70 degrees for tomorrow.
    I love every season...I would think living between two climates (Hot and just bearable) would get old after awhile.
    I love having 4 real seasons

Spring: Fishing on our 10,000+ (my least favorite season)
    Summer: Water skiing, fishing on our 10,000+ lakes, wake boarding
    Fall: Hunting, fishing on our 10,000+ lakes, beautiful fall foliage across the entire state.
    Winter: Skiing, snowmobiling, ice fishing on our 10,000+ lakes.
    If you haven't tried ice fishing yet, you need to get up here and try it out.
    Best activity ever.

Texas has two seasons:

Spring for 6 months

Hot, humid, miserable for 6 months...
    No thanks.
    I'm glad for your sake though that you have several nice restaurants...that must be a real big perk.
    ;D

I have fun talking trash with Texans when I'm down there.
    They give me shit about our winters and bears lol, n' I give y'all shit bout yall's summas n' nasty spidas.
    Works both ways.
    To each his own.
    Again, good luck on Sunday.
    Should be a good game either way.

TexasTailgate is offline Training Camp

"V4L" wrote:

Isnt that outside Minneapolis?
    Kinda like Sugarland Texas which was at the top of that list last year or the year before.... and its a community on the outskirts of Houston.
    I was speaking of a whole anyway.

What was brought up by one of your fans is some snide remark about why anyone would want to live in Houston.

Well, because its one of the best places to find a job in one of the best economies in the country and is absolutely booming right now (well, more so earlier this year).
    But it has it all...some of the best food in the country, women, big city life, a rebuilt downtown, small community family life options like Plymouth ( i.e. the woodlands, sugarland, katy,etc.)
    And the cost of living is close to the best you will find... especially for a city this size.

http://www.forbes.com/2008/01/10/jobs-economy-growth-lead-careers-cx_mk_0110cities.html

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/story?id=5397007&page=1

http://www.nysun.com/opinion/houston-new-york-has-a-problem/81989/

http://www.newsweek.com/id/142633/page/2

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-windfall-witt_23jun23,0,4422376.story

Im sure MN is great but those brutal winters YALL have definitely keep me with out a shred of want or need to go up there... probably ever.
    No offense...but
    I can hop in a pool, hit the beach, or turn on the AC in my car to escape the heat and cool off and then enjoy my 5-6 months of spring time like weather and year round golf.
    Much easier than throwing on 3 layers of clothing and shoveling your sidewalk and digging out your car for almost half the year.

TexasTailgate is offline Training Camp

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "TexasTailgate" wrote:

LMAO...... no mention of your mighty Toxics then... clearly golf is more of an attraction in Houston. Underrated ? possibly but always in the shadow of Dallas and consigned as the poor hick cousins.
    I'd say we are an average team right now thats headed in the right direction.
    I am well aware of who we are.
    And yes, the majority of Texas is Cowboy country... but thats what happens when one team wins like 5 super bowls.
    But I am sure yall know all about that considering your team has been around since the 60s.

And Houston has surpassed Dallas as the best city to live in.
    We have them in basketball, and baseball.
    Football has a loooooooooooong ways to go obviously.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"TexasTailgate" wrote:
    Im sure MN is great but those brutal winters YALL have definitely keep me with out a shred of want or need to go up there... probably ever.
    No offense...but
    I can hop in a pool, hit the beach, or turn on the AC in my car to escape the heat and cool off and then enjoy my 5-6 months of spring time like weather and year round golf.
    Much easier than throwing on 3 layers of clothing and shoveling your sidewalk and digging out your car for almost half the year.

Well then mission accomplished.

I have lived all around the world, including Texas, and I have never found a better place to live than the upper midwest.
    Which is why I chose to come back to the area despite having my pick of job opportunities on the west coast.
    If you haven't been up here, then you are selling yourself short.
    (And if you think the Minnesota winters are brutal, you should try hitting my town of Fargo in January.
    The weak don't stick around here very long...)

Edit:
    For the record, I like Houston quite a bit.
    Too hot in the summer, and energy prices too high.
    But a damn nice metro area in itself.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast