Thread: Texans>Vikings

Re: Texans>Vikings

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "TexasTailgate" wrote:
    Whats up Viking fans.
    Seems as though most of you understand not to take the Texans lightly.. which is a good thing.
    We are a better team than our record indicates.
    We were a 4th down stop or a coin flip from beating Jax, and a miracle meltdown from beating the Colts as we had them wooped late.
    The only game we were really ever out of was opening weekend in Pitt and we just had so many moving parts that we were never going to win that game.
    A different team now weeks later.
    We have Dunta Robinson back which has been a huge boost for our D.
    And our O has really put it together.

Alex Gibbs has really elevated this offense.
    Protection has been fairly sound, and the running game has vaulted to close to being in the top 10.
    AJ is simply a beast and basically unstoppable.
    He is good enough to where we can move him around all over the field to offset the D trying to load up on him.
    He will hit you anywhere at anytime.
    The key for you guys is to get into Schaubs face early while not getting burnt with slants,etc.
    We are going to want to go up early to try and take you guys out of the running game obviously.

My main worry is we are 28th in yards per play given up and we havent played the greatest on the road. I am not sure how we are going to be able to stop my fellow Texan Adrian Peterson.
    I do look for this game to cover the over.

But make no mistake.
    The Texans are an up and coming team.
    This offense has two of the main coaches from those high powered Denver teams in the 90's in Alex Gibbs and Gary Kubiak and it loooks like they are close to completing another great offensive team (currently ranked #4).
    The D still has a long ways to go with needing a S,DE,DT, and an OLB.
    Fortunately our O can offset our weaknesses in the D by usually dominating the TOP battle.
    But Again, getting D-Rob back in our secondary has been a huge boost of late.

I cant predict against my team... but its going to be a tough one that comes down to the last couple of plays.

Texans 31- Vikings 27

Now see there, that is the way to bring a football discussion on........

You my friend, can stay but only if you promise not to use ya'll in any of your football discussions.

;D

Quick question.......You take a certain RB now for Mario straight up?
    Are you offering him Peterson?
    Cause if you are I think he might take you up on it.

Or are you offering him only a certain RB?

And for the record, can one really classify Bush as a RB.

I can still use the word Ya'll right?
    I have been using around here for years.
    I am grandfathered in......

Charlie taking Mario seems like a good pick now in hindsight I will have to give you that.
    I am not to attached to Reggie Bush at this point.
    Think about it my friend.
    Draft, Mario, RB, upset fans.........

Heck no I'm not offering AD.

My attempt at being funny again seems to have missed the mark.
    For that I apologize.

;D
    LOL!
    I got it and I came back with a funny, internet humor is so lame and overrated.
    LOL!

The Texans could use a RB solution though. We are going to have to contend with Andre Johnson, hope we can contain him.
    We know they are going to force it to him.
    Does this mean Sharper is going to get his pick six?

TexansWinBig is offline Waterboy

The thing that really scares me is AD. If we can force you to throw the ball then i think we win. Jared Allen vs Duane Brown will also be interesting to watch. We will probably get a TE to help with Allen throughout the game similar to what teams are doing with Mario. Here is to no injuries and a texans win!!! jk....well not really

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"TexansWinBig" wrote:
    The thing that really scares me is AD. If we can force you to throw the ball then i think we win. Jared Allen vs Duane Brown will also be interesting to watch. We will probably get a TE to help with Allen throughout the game similar to what teams are doing with Mario. Here is to no injuries and a texans win!!! jk....well not really
    Yes, I think that everyone hopes we pass.
    If Gus throws INTs like he has instead of making plays or protecting the ball, I think you will see out running QB back in there.
    LOL!

People in another thread were talking about how Klewe was thrown under the bus, Gus should have been publicly humiliated, not really but I hope you know what I mean.

Point is that if our passing game eliminates TO, it will go a lot further towards us winning.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"TexansWinBig" wrote:
    I don't know.
    It seems teams are able to key on AD a bit more this year.
    For some reason the team is still a bit one dimensional with him in there and I'm not sure why.

I would be a bit more worried with CT in the backfield at times.
    Additionally, I think you will see a more balanced attack from us even with him in there.
    Gus should finally have a good grasp of the whole offense and should be a bit more comfortable with his recievers (except maybe Rice who hasn't seen the field much to get the timing with him down).

(Marrdro waits patiently to be flame sprayed by the AD crotchsniffers).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Well, lets look at the game.

Most any QB in football is better than ours...

Johnson is an absolute beast - but a brittle beast.
    That being said, I wish he was on our team.

Slaton is not going to run through our team, even with EJ out... Chris Johnson scared me more as that pure speed is one thing I fear...

Shaub is up and down - but has been up lately... I think he can be rattled and the first quarter sets the tone for the game.
    I'm VERY glad this is a home game.

I have a feeling this game will get ugly and end up having 50-60 points scored between the two teams.
    I'm not confident we will win because we're not playing good football.
    If our coaches used the bye week wisely, we can win... If we come out with more of the same, HELLOOOOOO high draft pick.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

b0ng is offline Waterboy

Really as a texans fan I'm just hoping that Brad Childress is going to continue his great offensive playcalling relegated to:

Run peterson up the gut
    2. Do not give Peterson the ball in space
    3. ???
    4. Profit

In all seriousness we've had more problems with teams that have good defenses, rather than good offenses.
    I think that saying AJ is brittle is a throwback from last season when he tore his MCL.
    This year he's been really out-doing himself.

Peterson is frightening, but I'm more worried about "phat" pat and Kevin Williams than Gus Ferrote, AP, and Berrian.

How good has your D been with blitzing?

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"b0ng" wrote:
    Really as a texans fan I'm just hoping that Brad Childress is going to continue his great offensive playcalling relegated to:

Run peterson up the gut
    2. Do not give Peterson the ball in space
    3. ???
    4. Profit

In all seriousness we've had more problems with teams that have good defenses, rather than good offenses.
    I think that saying AJ is brittle is a throwback from last season when he tore his MCL.
    This year he's been really out-doing himself.

Peterson is frightening, but I'm more worried about "phat" pat and Kevin Williams than Gus Ferrote, AP, and Berrian.

How good has your D been with blitzing?

Not very good

They get picked up alot

And on the flip side we can't pick up the blitz either

TexasTailgate is offline Training Camp

I said back before that 06 draft I would much rather have AD before I would want a guy like Reggie Bush with that high of a pick.
    We fans took a lot of crap for that draft, and it has turned out to be one of the better ones in football overall.
    Then couple years later we trade back, get our LT of the future and get a throw in pick and draft our own 3rd down speedster type of back in Slaton with it in the 3rd.
    Id say its worked out pretty darn well.
    What we still are missing is our main workhorse like a Peterson.
    A. Green is a stop gap solution.
    I drool at the tought of AD coming home to Texas and playing behind a revamped Alex Gibbs Oline.

I just dont get the AJ is injury prone stuff.
    He got hit awkwardly last year going over the middle... a hit no one would have been able to survive without missing quite a bit of time.
    Thats basically it, bad luck. If you watch the replay of the cincy game from last week they went after AJ and hit him hard and often after his catches and he did not drop one pass or did not hesitate to bounce back up immediately after each hit.

I think the bye week for YALL and being at home could be the difference in this game.
    Meaning I am not totally convinced on my team yet after these 3 wins.
    However, I definitely see the potential of them going off and having the possibilty of controlling this game from start to finish.
    Its a big one for both of us... cant wait.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

GREAT POST TEXAS!!!

Come back afterwards and either say congrats or get ur congrats for a win!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"TexasTailgate" wrote:
    I said back before that 06 draft I would much rather have AD before I would want a guy like Reggie Bush with that high of a pick.
    We fans took a lot of crap for that draft, and it has turned out to be one of the better ones in football overall.
    Then couple years later we trade back, get our LT of the future and get a throw in pick and draft our own 3rd down speedster type of back in Slaton with it in the 3rd.
    Id say its worked out pretty darn well.
    What we still are missing is our main workhorse like a Peterson.
    A. Green is a stop gap solution.
    I drool at the tought of AD coming home to Texas and playing behind a revamped Alex Gibbs Oline.

I just dont get the AJ is injury prone stuff.
    He got hit awkwardly last year going over the middle... a hit no one would have been able to survive without missing quite a bit of time.
    Thats basically it, bad luck. If you watch the replay of the cincy game from last week they went after AJ and hit him hard and often after his catches and he did not drop one pass or did not hesitate to bounce back up immediately after each hit.

I think the bye week for YALL and being at home could be the difference in this game.
    Meaning I am not totally convinced on my team yet after these 3 wins.
    However, I definitely see the potential of them going off and having the possibilty of controlling this game from start to finish.
    Its a big one for both of us... cant wait.

Alright, I almost put you on the spread sheet but the yall will keep you out of even the lowest of columns.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast