Thread: Texans>Vikings

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Texans>Vikings

"Mr" wrote:
    "713Hu$tler" wrote:
    "TARKenton" wrote:
    wow.
    is there really a texans fan here talking trash. :
    Have you scrubs ever had a winning record?

steve who?
    steve whoever, meet pat and kevin.

our passing attack is weak, really?
    you have nobody to cover Berrian.
    Along with our other targets.

Your team is, and will be a joke this sunday.

Frerotte>Schaub

Your beating up on weak opponents is over.

I cant believe the texans have fans.
    I came over here in good faith for our upcoming match against an NFL franchise I respected, but after I read this gentleman's (me being nice) comments the facts are the facts. Both our cities, originally, got a professional football franchise about the same time ( Houston B4 Minnesota) and regretfully neither of our teams have a POST MERGER NFL Championship.

Atleast, we Houstonians we're smart enough to run the loser Bud Adams out of town in order to begin anew rather than have a loser franchise suck the blood from the City of Houston's financial coffers. Yes, we are a new franchise and are suffering from growing pains, BUT ATLEAST WE HAVEN'T BEEN AROUND FOR 38 YEARS W/OUT an NFL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!! Yes, WE WON MORE AFC CHAMPIONSHIPS (Pre-Merger) THAN Y'ALL SO PLEASE SPARE ME THAT BS.

Ur post of how Frerotte is better than Schaub is asinine.
    Of course you won more AFC Championships than us, we were never in the AFC... and I believe you mean AFL.
    LMFAO!

Comes here in "good faith" and gets his ass handed to him!

Besides, this is not the Oilers or has anything to do with the Oilers.
    They moved to TN and the Texans are a new franchise.
    :

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

[size=14pt]Which Texans team shows up?[/size]

Houston might only have a 3-4 record, but looks can be very deceiving in this case. The Texans have rebounded from an 0-4 start and ride a three-game winning streak into the Metrodome.
    http://min.scout.com/2/806502.html
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

Houston might only have a 3-4 record, but looks can be very deceiving in this case. The Texans have rebounded from an 0-4 start and ride a three-game winning streak into the Metrodome.
    Yeah, against Miami, Detroit, and Cincinatti. I don't buy it at all. They, like us, are an average team at best.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Yeah, against Miami, Detroit, and Cincinatti. I don't buy it at all. They, like us, are an average team at best.
    Truer words have not been spoken.

I feel like they have more confidence going into this game based on those wins... but that's purely speculation.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

The Texans can move the chains easily ,we can´t ,that´s what worries me the most .
    El underdog.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"TexasTailgate" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "worldlyman" wrote:
    And let's not knock Houston.
    It's an awesome and dynamic town...and there's a reason why the Norwegian Consulate is closing up operations in Minny and increasing responsibilities in the Consulate in Houston.
    The two consulates have little to do with each other, but nice try.
    Houston serves Norway's oil interests, while the consulates in Minnesota is switching to a local console program to conserve money in a period of worldwide economic slumping.

Houston is a decent city, but it is hardly God's gift to Texas, or any other state for that matter.
    It has gone through a huge population increase since the mid 90's, and considering the size and population of the greater Houston area, I honestly expect more out of.
    I would think it should be on par with the Bay area, or Dallas, or the Philly-Camden area, which have a similar population base.
    Instead it is very similar to the mid sized population centers, like Phoenix, Detroit, or the Twin Cities.
    That tells me that the culture is lagging behind the population.
    Does Houston have some pluses?
    Sure.
    But let's get realistic here and admit that while you may like it a lot, that has more to de with personal preference than actual quality of life.
    When you say Houston is not on par with Dallas... you immediately lose credibility.
    Credibility among who?
    Houstonians?
    I can live with that.

But perhaps you misunderstood me.
    I was stating that Houston does not have the same amount of cultural venues or range of quality of life as population centers of the same size.
    That is a simple fact, and it is largely due to the fact that the population of Houston grew very quickly.
    I was not saying that I would rather live in Dallas than Houston.
    That is a subjective statement.
    To be honest, I would rather live in Fargo than anywhere in Texas.
    But my main point was that the quality of life in Houston is roughly the same as the quality of life in the Twin Cities, so this stupid argument over who's city is better is moot.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Truer words have not been spoken.

I feel like they have more confidence going into this game based on those wins... but that's purely speculation.
    +1
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"TexasTailgate" wrote:
    Don't mess with Texas was a slogan created FOR Texans to counter littering there genius.

And yes, I have traveled and lived in many places and Texas is great.
    It has everything... considering its size its easy to see why.
    Austin Texas is pretty much one of the coolest and best cities in America.
    If you really hate Austin, then you have problems.

And are you really saying the Metrodome is not a dump?
    Austin is a great city and the communities surrounding it are beautiful.
    Best part of Texas by far.
    I thought I mentioned that in one of my rants regarding the state of Texas as a whole, but perhaps I deleted that portion.
    My biggest gripe with Texas is the muggy weather...I couldn't' live in that type of climate.
    I'm sure yall would say the same about our frigid Minnesota winters; However I would argue that you can hide from the cold, you can't hide from the heat.

As far as the Metrodome goes - I wouldn't call it a dump.
    It is a fantastic venue to watch a football game in.
    The crowd noise is absolutely insane...damn near makes your ears bleed.
    Every seat in the house is a good one (with the exception of a handful of clearly marked limited view seats).
    What the metrodome lacks is an open concourse where the game can be seen while ordering a beer, it needs more restrooms, and better parking accomodations.
    The stadium itself isn't bad for football (it's pretty bad for watching baseball). The only reason the recent ownership groups have wanted a new stadium is because of its lack of revenue due to limited luxury boxes and the MSFC's control over revenue streams.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    [youtube=425,350]SBGQMCGWwmE[/youtube]

^Even Spongebob knows the gig with Texas.

LMAO.
    That's great.

imatexan is offline Waterboy

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "TexasTailgate" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "worldlyman" wrote:
    And let's not knock Houston.
    It's an awesome and dynamic town...and there's a reason why the Norwegian Consulate is closing up operations in Minny and increasing responsibilities in the Consulate in Houston.
    The two consulates have little to do with each other, but nice try.
    Houston serves Norway's oil interests, while the consulates in Minnesota is switching to a local console program to conserve money in a period of worldwide economic slumping.

Houston is a decent city, but it is hardly God's gift to Texas, or any other state for that matter.
    It has gone through a huge population increase since the mid 90's, and considering the size and population of the greater Houston area, I honestly expect more out of.
    I would think it should be on par with the Bay area, or Dallas, or the Philly-Camden area, which have a similar population base.
    Instead it is very similar to the mid sized population centers, like Phoenix, Detroit, or the Twin Cities.
    That tells me that the culture is lagging behind the population.
    Does Houston have some pluses?
    Sure.
    But let's get realistic here and admit that while you may like it a lot, that has more to de with personal preference than actual quality of life.
    When you say Houston is not on par with Dallas... you immediately lose credibility.
    Credibility among who?
    Houstonians?
    I can live with that.

But perhaps you misunderstood me.
    I was stating that Houston does not have the same amount of cultural venues or range of quality of life as population centers of the same size.
    That is a simple fact, and it is largely due to the fact that the population of Houston grew very quickly.
    I was not saying that I would rather live in Dallas than Houston.
    That is a subjective statement.
    To be honest, I would rather live in Fargo than anywhere in Texas.
    But my main point was that the quality of life in Houston is roughly the same as the quality of life in the Twin Cities, so this stupid argument over who's city is better is moot.

Actually this "simple fact" is wrong if you look up your facts Houston is much more cultutural than Dallas. Why are you defending Dallas anyway?
    We welcome other fans from the opponents we are playing i am not getting the same feeling here at all, I guess it might be a Texas thing

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast