Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Texans>Vikings

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Texans>Vikings

"worldlyman" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "worldlyman" wrote:
    It will be a difficult day for the Texans indeed if Adrian Pete gets off.
    But he has to move the chains consistently, not just one big run or two for the game.
    Whoever's at QB for the Vikes has to also make effective 3rd down conversions.

Bottom line, I think the x-factor as a fan here stated is how Matt Schaub handles the pressure to start the game.
    If he is out and firing well, it's a good chance the Texans could win a shoot out.
    And special teams.
    If Jacoby Jones continuously puts the Texans in good field position...that's another thing.

This will be a good, good game of contrasting strengths, that's for sure.

And let's not knock Houston.
    It's an awesome and dynamic town...and there's a reason why the Norwegian Consulate is closing up operations in Minny and increasing responsibilities in the Consulate in Houston.
    you must think that we're incapable of moving the ball.
    Peterson will have no trouble running on you, as hes really had no trouble all season.
    He's not just a long run kinda guy, since he's really only broke one this year.
    He can pound it for 3-9 yards ALL DAY long.
    Frerotte showed last week he can move the chains, (and turn the ball over, but thats besides the point) as they put up 41 points in a shootout with the bears.
    If the vikings offense of last game shows up alongside the vikings defense we're used to, they can be a tough team to beat.
    Yeah, but the Vikes put up 12 points on the Lions @ Minny?
    The Texans easily put up 28 before easing off the pedal and allowing the Lions back in.
    Give the Lions credit.
    They put up effort and didn't quit.

And the Texans have been consistently putting up 28.3 points per game since Week 3.

The Vikes are a good 12 in offense but they've had games where it's up and down in scoring.
    17 points here, 12 points there, in between a 30 point and 41 point effort since Week 3, the Texans offensive revival.
    The Texans are 4th and have been the more consistent offense.

Like I said, it's going to be a good, good game...so chill out.
    Effort doesn't count in the NFL.

TexasTailgate is offline Training Camp

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "worldlyman" wrote:
    It's an awesome and dynamic town...and there's a reason why the Norwegian Consulate is closing up operations in Minny and increasing responsibilities in the Consulate in Houston.
    The two consulates have little to do with each other, but nice try.
    Houston serves Norway's oil interests, while the consulates in Minnesota is switching to a local console program to conserve money in a period of worldwide economic slumping.

Houston is a decent city, but it is hardly God's gift to Texas, or any other state for that matter.
    It has gone through a huge population increase since the mid 90's, and considering the size and population of the greater Houston area, I honestly expect more out of.
    I would think it should be on par with the Bay area, or Dallas, or the Philly-Camden area, which have a similar population base.
    Instead it is very similar to the mid sized population centers, like Phoenix, Detroit, or the Twin Cities.
    That tells me that the culture is lagging behind the population.
    Does Houston have some pluses?
    Sure.
    But let's get realistic here and admit that while you may like it a lot, that has more to de with personal preference than actual quality of life.
    When you say Houston is not on par with Dallas... you immediately lose credibility.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"TexasTailgate" wrote:

Im sure MN is great but those brutal winters YALL have definitely keep me with out a shred of want or need to go up there... probably ever.
    No offense...but
    I can hop in a pool, hit the beach, or turn on the AC in my car to escape the heat and cool off and then enjoy my 5-6 months of spring time like weather and year round golf.
    Much easier than throwing on 3 layers of clothing and shoveling your sidewalk and digging out your car for almost half the year.
    It's called beer.
    We've got that winter thing under control.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"worldlyman" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "worldlyman" wrote:
    It will be a difficult day for the Texans indeed if Adrian Pete gets off.
    But he has to move the chains consistently, not just one big run or two for the game.
    Whoever's at QB for the Vikes has to also make effective 3rd down conversions.

Bottom line, I think the x-factor as a fan here stated is how Matt Schaub handles the pressure to start the game.
    If he is out and firing well, it's a good chance the Texans could win a shoot out.
    And special teams.
    If Jacoby Jones continuously puts the Texans in good field position...that's another thing.

This will be a good, good game of contrasting strengths, that's for sure.

you must think that we're incapable of moving the ball.
    Peterson will have no trouble running on you, as hes really had no trouble all season.
    He's not just a long run kinda guy, since he's really only broke one this year.
    He can pound it for 3-9 yards ALL DAY long.
    Frerotte showed last week he can move the chains, (and turn the ball over, but thats besides the point) as they put up 41 points in a shootout with the bears.
    If the vikings offense of last game shows up alongside the vikings defense we're used to, they can be a tough team to beat.
    Yeah, but the Vikes put up 12 points on the Lions @ Minny?
    The Texans easily put up 28 before easing off the pedal and allowing the Lions back in.
    Give the Lions credit.
    They put up effort and didn't quit.

And the Texans have been consistently putting up 28.3 points per game since Week 3.

The Vikes are a good 12 in offense but they've had games where it's up and down in scoring.
    17 points here, 12 points there, in between a 30 point and 41 point effort since Week 3, the Texans offensive revival.
    The Texans are 4th and have been the more consistent offense.

Like I said, it's going to be a good, good game...so chill out.
    I don't know about you all, but I've never seen a football team put up 28.3 points...
    at what point did a team get .3 points in a football game?

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

The Texans showed improvement against some pretty bad teams the past three weeks .... The defence they face this week will be a little different perhaps a little better. The Vikings have the second toughest shedule in football. The Texans schedule is a bit easier. This will be a test for the Texans that they will most likely fail ......

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

All the texans fans want to do is talk offense, offense, offense, because they know that they have ZERO defense.

If we didn't have a habit of shooting oursleves in the foot with penalties, turnovers, and ST mistakes, I wouldn't be worried at all. Play a clean game and Vikes win.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

We need to have a screening process here at PPO before allowing people to join.

I can respect Bears fans and Packers fans here talking smack.
    At least they've won something.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

713Hu$tler is offline Waterboy

"TARKenton" wrote:
    wow.
    is there really a texans fan here talking trash. :
    Have you scrubs ever had a winning record?

steve who?
    steve whoever, meet pat and kevin.

our passing attack is weak, really?
    you have nobody to cover Berrian.
    Along with our other targets.

Your team is, and will be a joke this sunday.

Frerotte>Schaub

Your beating up on weak opponents is over.

I cant believe the texans have fans.
    I came over here in good faith for our upcoming match against an NFL franchise I respected, but after I read this gentleman's (me being nice) comments the facts are the facts. Both our cities, originally, got a professional football franchise about the same time ( Houston B4 Minnesota) and regretfully neither of our teams have a POST MERGER NFL Championship.

Atleast, we Houstonians we're smart enough to run the loser Bud Adams out of town in order to begin anew rather than have a loser franchise suck the blood from the City of Houston's financial coffers. Yes, we are a new franchise and are suffering from growing pains, BUT ATLEAST WE HAVEN'T BEEN AROUND FOR 38 YEARS W/OUT an NFL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!! Yes, WE WON MORE AFC CHAMPIONSHIPS (Pre-Merger) THAN Y'ALL SO PLEASE SPARE ME THAT BS.

Ur post of how Frerotte is better than Schaub is asinine.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"TexasTailgate" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    lol, A Texans fan talking sh*t?
    What's next, a Lions fan predicting a playoff victory?
    Maybe... but it would probably be the same Lions fan who saw his team limit yours to a single TD and a huge 2 point win against his.
    And?
    They'd both look like idiots.
    Why don't you put together a winning season before proclaiming your team's greatness?
    Last time I checked, we won the only game our teams have played.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"713Hu$tler" wrote:
    "TARKenton" wrote:
    wow.
    is there really a texans fan here talking trash. :
    Have you scrubs ever had a winning record?

steve who?
    steve whoever, meet pat and kevin.

our passing attack is weak, really?
    you have nobody to cover Berrian.
    Along with our other targets.

Your team is, and will be a joke this sunday.

Frerotte>Schaub

Your beating up on weak opponents is over.

I cant believe the texans have fans.
    I came over here in good faith for our upcoming match against an NFL franchise I respected, but after I read this gentleman's (me being nice) comments the facts are the facts. Both our cities, originally, got a professional football franchise about the same time ( Houston B4 Minnesota) and regretfully neither of our teams have a POST MERGER NFL Championship.

Atleast, we Houstonians we're smart enough to run the loser Bud Adams out of town in order to begin anew rather than have a loser franchise suck the blood from the City of Houston's financial coffers. Yes, we are a new franchise and are suffering from growing pains, BUT ATLEAST WE HAVEN'T BEEN AROUND FOR 38 YEARS W/OUT an NFL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!! Yes, WE WON MORE AFC CHAMPIONSHIPS (Pre-Merger) THAN Y'ALL SO PLEASE SPARE ME THAT BS.

Ur post of how Frerotte is better than Schaub is asinine.
    Of course you won more AFC Championships than us, we were never in the AFC... and I believe you mean AFL.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast