Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Texans>Vikings

TexasTailgate is offline Training Camp

Re: Texans>Vikings

Don't mess with Texas was a slogan created FOR Texans to counter littering there genius.

And yes, I have traveled and lived in many places and Texas is great.
    It has everything... considering its size its easy to see why.
    Austin Texas is pretty much one of the coolest and best cities in America.
    If you really hate Austin, then you have problems.

And are you really saying the Metrodome is not a dump?

imatexan is offline Waterboy

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "imatexan" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "imatexan" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    [quote author=TARKenton link=topic=48782.msg858401#msg858401 date=1225170494]
    I cant believe the texans have fans.
    course they have... the people that can't get season tickets for the Cowboys. How does it feel to be the #2 team in Texas ... despite all your posturing and mouthing off yall always be known as Texas's #2 team.

Actually that's wrong, I should say the #7 team in Texas after Cowboys, Rangers, Rockets, Mavericks, Spurs & Stars

I would rather be a number "two" team in Texas anyday than in Minnesota! Everything is bigger and better in Texas! How about sold out every single game since we were an NFl team! O well, I will excuse your ignorance and look foward to watching the Texans kill the men in purple tights!
    Go Texans!
    Come by Texanstalk, there is NO Vikings fans!
    LOL! Your post spews ignorance.
    The only thing bigger in Texas is half the population's ego about their overrated state.
    You have nice roads, thats about it - TXDOT is a nicely ran organization.

Also, last I checked our "tights" were white.
    What color are yours?

Why the hell anybody would want to live in or near Houston is beyond me - sorry fellow PP.Oers

The one thing I will give you credit for is that somehow the poohie Texans have sold out every game.
    Coming from someone who has traveled coast to coast several times, and been to TX over 25 times - you have nothing to brag about.
    Your state is average at best.
    I personally hate it there (especially the humid/sticky/miserable city known as Houston)...but that's just me.

Good luck to your team on Sunday.
    I expect another close game.
    I think the Vikings are going to win this one, but only because they need it more, not necessarily because they are the better team.
    The Texans better be good and used to playing in loud atmosphere because it's going to be pounding in the dome come Sunday.

When the Vikings win on Sunday, I'd be honored if you'd think of that donkey butt on Purplepride.org with the horrendously stupid name of BloodyHorns82 that ripped on your "bigger and better" state known as Tex-jiggly butt.
    :P

Ya why would anyone want to live in Houston? I think my fellow Texan pretty much shut you up about that one.
    Bud left because he thought that he needed a new stadium then and now and we did not like him too much(astrodome around as nice as yalls stadium) soo dont give me that.
    I can see the jealousy of Texas here but I am used to it.
    LMAO!!
    Yeah, he sure shut me up.
    :

I hate Houston...one of the worst places I have ever visited...granted it was in large part to the horrible weather.
    You gotta love your windshield fogging up in the middle of the summer with no rain.
    If you think I (or likely any Minnesotan) is jealous of Texas you are sadly mistaken my friend.
    I've had more miserable work experiences in Texas then any other state, bar none.
    I hate Texas.

The worst thing you have going for you as a Texan is the slogan "Everything is bigger and better in Texas".
    Just so you're aware, in case you actually believed that....everything is NOT bigger and better in Texas.
    You have a wealthy economy in large part to natural resources.
    Take away that and your left with a bunch of uneducated hillbillys and a vast wasteland of poohie scenery (for the most part) and wet sticky climate.
    floop that.
    Your beaches are filled with Tar clumps and the state in general (not as a whole) sucks donkey balls.
    But that's just one Minnesotan's opinion whose been forced to work down there more times than any good man deserves.
    Don't ever call me jealous of Texas.
    I'd almost rather live in Florida than Texas...

I jumped out of the conversation because I was starting to feel bad about ripping on another man's pride.
    If you think Texas is nice...good for you.
    But I'm willing to bet you've never lived outside the state or you would surely have a different opinion.
    Have you even vacationed outside the state of Texas?

Quick question:
    Have you ever been to the Metrodome?
    Do you assume they are similar because they both have "dome" in the name?
    The Metrodome was designed around football, while the Astrodome was designed around baseball.

PS...I forgot about "Don't mess with Texas"...boy, your state is full of bad slogans.
    [/quote]

Actually I have lived outiside of Texas (New York and St. Thomas, Virgin Islands). I have been to Italy,England,Mexico,France,and pretty much all of the U.S. States soo I would say I have had my fair share of cultural expierence especially for a freshman in college. As far as the metrodome, I have not been but have heard much about it. Arnt yall trying to build a new stadium anyway? From
    my expierences most everything really is bigger in Texas overall. If you like the cold winter weather up north, have fun with that.

worldlyman is offline Waterboy

It will be a difficult day for the Texans indeed if Adrian Pete gets off.
    But he has to move the chains consistently, not just one big run or two for the game.
    Whoever's at QB for the Vikes has to also make effective 3rd down conversions.

Bottom line, I think the x-factor as a fan here stated is how Matt Schaub handles the pressure to start the game.
    If he is out and firing well, it's a good chance the Texans could win a shoot out.
    And special teams.
    If Jacoby Jones continuously puts the Texans in good field position...that's another thing.

This will be a good, good game of contrasting strengths, that's for sure.

And let's not knock Houston.
    It's an awesome and dynamic town...and there's a reason why the Norwegian Consulate is closing up operations in Minny and increasing responsibilities in the Consulate in Houston.

And to say Houston is underneath Dallas' shadow?
    That's laughable.
    Houston possesses a more sophisticated and endowed cultural scene (on par with New York and San Fran as big league permanent ballet, opera, symphony and theater operations), and is much more international.
    Usually it's just media stereotype of perceived Dallas "superiority" since Dallas is more of a media favorite.
    Dallas is icing with little cake substance (but a cool town in its own way).

Houston's got every international cuisine imaginable, even Norwegian, as the growing Norwegian population provides.
    As far as other international cuisine, I don't know if there is much Pakistani biryani, Salvdoran pupuseria and Nigerian spicy chicken rice to be found in Minny...heck, those foods are practically non-existent even in San Diego!
    So, let's be careful not to call Houston an unmitigated dump.
    I've lived in California and Florida...visited London, Manila, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Cebu, Malmo and Osnabruck (and most of the USA)...and with the exception of certain political mindsets...Texas is a wonderful and varied place.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"worldlyman" wrote:
    But he has to move the chains consistently, not just one big run or two for the game.

Bottom line, I think the x-factor as a fan here stated is how Matt Schaub handles the pressure to start the game.
    If he is out and firing well, it's a good chance the Texans could win a shoot out.
    And special teams.
    If Jacoby Jones continuously puts the Texans in good field position...that's another thing.

It's an awesome and dynamic town...and there's a reason why the Norwegian Consulate is closing up operations in Minny and increasing responsibilities in the Consulate in Houston.
    you must think that we're incapable of moving the ball.
    Peterson will have no trouble running on you, as hes really had no trouble all season.
    He's not just a long run kinda guy, since he's really only broke one this year.
    He can pound it for 3-9 yards ALL DAY long.
    Frerotte showed last week he can move the chains, (and turn the ball over, but thats besides the point) as they put up 41 points in a shootout with the bears.
    If the vikings offense of last game shows up alongside the vikings defense we're used to, they can be a tough team to beat.

worldlyman is offline Waterboy

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "worldlyman" wrote:

And special teams.

you must think that we're incapable of moving the ball.
    Peterson will have no trouble running on you, as hes really had no trouble all season.
    He's not just a long run kinda guy, since he's really only broke one this year.
    He can pound it for 3-9 yards ALL DAY long.
    Frerotte showed last week he can move the chains, (and turn the ball over, but thats besides the point) as they put up 41 points in a shootout with the bears.
    If the vikings offense of last game shows up alongside the vikings defense we're used to, they can be a tough team to beat.
    Yeah, but the Vikes put up 12 points on the Lions @ Minny?
    The Texans easily put up 28 before easing off the pedal and allowing the Lions back in.
    Give the Lions credit.
    They put up effort and didn't quit.

And the Texans have been consistently putting up 28.3 points per game since Week 3.

The Vikes are a good 12 in offense but they've had games where it's up and down in scoring.
    17 points here, 12 points there, in between a 30 point and 41 point effort since Week 3, the Texans offensive revival.
    The Texans are 4th and have been the more consistent offense.

Like I said, it's going to be a good, good game...so chill out.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

[youtube=425,350]SBGQMCGWwmE[/youtube]

^Even Spongebob knows the gig with Texas.

TexasTailgate is offline Training Camp

lol... sooner fans make me laugh.
    Thier state sucks so bad...
    and we put a whoopin on em this year!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    [youtube=425,350]SBGQMCGWwmE[/youtube]

^Even Spongebob knows the gig with Texas.

LMAO.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"worldlyman" wrote:
    The two consulates have little to do with each other, but nice try.
    Houston serves Norway's oil interests, while the consulates in Minnesota is switching to a local console program to conserve money in a period of worldwide economic slumping.

Houston is a decent city, but it is hardly God's gift to Texas, or any other state for that matter.
    It has gone through a huge population increase since the mid 90's, and considering the size and population of the greater Houston area, I honestly expect more out of.
    I would think it should be on par with the Bay area, or Dallas, or the Philly-Camden area, which have a similar population base.
    Instead it is very similar to the mid sized population centers, like Phoenix, Detroit, or the Twin Cities.
    That tells me that the culture is lagging behind the population.
    Does Houston have some pluses?
    Sure.
    But let's get realistic here and admit that while you may like it a lot, that has more to de with personal preference than actual quality of life.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

PurpleMafia is offline Coordinator

Schaub will throw for 400, Andre Johnson will catch for 150 and a TD, and Mario Williams will have at least 2 sacks. Not to mention Steve Slaton and Kevin Walter will also get touchdowns. I don't like our odds here. I predict the end result of 27-23 Texans. We will fail once again to convert in the red-zone, and Longwell will have 3 chip-shot FGs. AP will score once, but it won't be enough. I wouldn't be suprised if Gus laid a goose-egg in the touchdowns column this week. The pressure from Mario Williams will be too much to handle. The result will be yet another home loss, and the firing on that idiot Brad Childress. I would love nothing more than to be wrong, but I really don't think I am. Unfortunately, the title of this thread is right. Texans > Vikings. If only we had a coach that could lead this team to execution that represents the large amount of talent and potential we have on this team. I hope you are reading this Mr. Wilf.
    Retired 12/21/08

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast