Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Richie_the_K is offline Training Camp

Serve us our crow

"tlk23" wrote:
    If the Vikings should have been close the entire game because of all the missed opportunities with the long drives in the 2nd half. When the offense scored the defense couldn't hold them and when the defense held the offense turned the ball over.
    Enjoy your stay in fantasy land there buddy. Yeah, the Vikings blew some opportunities...but so did the Eagles. The score could have easily been more lopsided than it was, and that was a 20 point lead at one point. I love it when an opposing team's fan sees his team get totally outplayed in nearly all facets of the game and then comes away after the loss saying he's not impressed. Well what's that say about your own team then? Anyway, I digress....

I stated earlier on this board that I totally disagreed with the notion that the Vikings and Eagles were close in terms of talent. I couldn't believe how people could say an 8-8 team is comparable to a 13-3 team based on one good game against the Packers. And today proves that in fact, the two teams were not that close in talent.

The Eagles were not rusty at all, which I said was a ploy for drama. The defense showed their improvement from the 2nd week of the season. The offensive line was incredible all game, not allowing one sack and giving McNabb all day to throw. Brian Westbrook and LJ Smith gave the Vikings all kinds of matchup problems. The wide receivers will be okay without TO. And in the end, the coaching of the Eagles proved superior as well.

I actually thought it would be closer, because I thought the Vikings would have been able to move the ball better than they actually did. I guess Moss was banged up a little more than the Vikings let on and Culpepper did not rise to the challenge that the Eagles D brings. In any case, the Vikings do have some talent, but they just don't seem to be on the same page all the time and they need to find out how to win games in the end, instead of finding ways to lose them. Until they develop that mentality, it doesn't matter how talented they may be. They will come up short when it matters most. See ya next year guys.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Serve us our crow

"FeartheFreak" wrote:
    Easy win for the Birds, back to the title game and then on to Jacksonville. At least you all are taking your lumps with grace.

Good luck in the future.
    Except the Falcons may prove a bigger roadblock than you think...plus the win today by you guys didn't look so easy nor effortless...I think that they had to work a little to get it...don't be so cocky, it will come back and bite you!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

tlk23 is offline Pro-Bowler

Serve us our crow

The Vikings were in the game because the Eagles blew opportunities.

Serve us our crow

Ill eat my share of crow now, by i wouldnt be so cocky about next week Iggle fans..its going to be the battle of the birds!

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Serve us our crow

"Richie_the_K" wrote:
    [ Enjoy your stay in fantasy land there buddy. Yeah, the Vikings blew some opportunities...but so did the Eagles. The score could have easily been more lopsided than it was, and that was a 20 point lead at one point. .
    [size=7px][/size]

Yeah your boys really lit upn the scoreboard in the second half :roll:

The better team lost GO FALCONS
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

seth in 736 is offline Training Camp

Serve us our crow

Philly didn't win this game. The Vikings lost it."

The better team lost"- PH

You gotta be kidding me, right? To those of you who took your crow with dignity, salute.

THOSE OF YOU WHO THINK THE VIKES LOST THE GAME AND IGGLES DIDNT WIN IT> ?

Hi, I introduce you to the concept of DEFENSE. Hopefully your coaches will introduce themselves to that concept in their Draft Prep.

Purple horn, you may be the biggest homer Ive ever seen. Brutal.

seth in 736 is offline Training Camp

Serve us our crow

Oh, I forgot to mention that that Draft Prep begins TODAY- as the Birds prepare for plucking the Falcons feathers next week.

Oh, and the whining in the St Paul Pioneer Press about your linemans mother havin a bottle *(plastic) tossed at her in the upper deck>? LIE.

The Linc doesnt SELL PLASTIC BOTTLES AND THE BUYING PUBLIC CANT PURCHASE BOTTLES LIKE THAT ANYWHERE AND SNEAK EM IN.

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Serve us our crow

"seth in 736" wrote:
    Purple horn I may be the biggest homer ever seen.
    [size=7px][/size]

And we need to know this, why? :roll:
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

Mr. O is offline Starter

Serve us our crow

Hey Seth, the public can't buy plastic bottles anywhere and sneak them in? You must be kidding, because if you're not, that means Philly has no plastic bottles. But, if you're saying the security is that tight, well, maybe. Except, in my experience, if you can sneak a four-foot plastic horn into a stadium, you can certainly sneak in a plastic bottle or two.
    A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears. - Woodrow Wyatt

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

Serve us our crow

im ready to watch a battle of the birds...
    but will either team be able to go up against whichever team comes out on top of the AFC?

:king:
    i m better than you, so just give up...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast