Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Seahawks Fan Here...

BJ needs to realize that when its 3rd and 6, a 4 yard completion does no good.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

HLD
    HLD is offline Training Camp

"Del" wrote:
    "HLD" wrote:
    I don't know how B. Johnson is looking this year, but if he is able to throw med-long, there will be places to get the receivers.
    Our secondary is our weak link in this defense.
    If our first five games are any indication he will be throwing short to medium. That is the sore spot of our offense. He is accurate and consistent but he is either making his reads too quickly or our O-cord is holding us back.

Brad doesn't get rattled very often. So pressure is important but not as much as usual. I think if you want to make B. Johnson a non factor you have to have good LB play.

I dont know about seattles LB's but if they are solid tacklers then it may be a long day for Minny. Deflected passes and keeping our short passes to very little YAC will probably shut our passing attack down.
    Our front seven is the the strong point of our defense.
    We rotate 8 players though the front four so they are always fresh.

Our linebackers are very strong.

It all starts with our MLB Lofa Tatupu.
    He is a second year player out of USC (2nd round pick) and has played with poise and leadership since day 1 of his rookie year.
    Tatupu came in second last year to Merriman in the DROY ballot and hasn't slowed down this year.
    Last week he has 6 tackles and 1 INT against the Rams.

Our LOLB LeRoy Hill is also a second year player.
    He finished with 8 sacks last year in basically the last 6 games.
    This year he has been a bit slower with only 1 sack in four games.
    He was out for the Lions game.

ROLB - we brought in Julian Peterson from the 49ers this year and he has performed as advertised.
    He had 2 sacks last week and was involved a lot in the second half when the HAWKS began to actually play.

www.seahawkblue.com

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Awesome I love cool other team fans!! What's up dude?

One Love

Del Rio Guest

"HLD" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "HLD" wrote:
    I don't know how B. Johnson is looking this year, but if he is able to throw med-long, there will be places to get the receivers.
    Our secondary is our weak link in this defense.
    If our first five games are any indication he will be throwing short to medium. That is the sore spot of our offense. He is accurate and consistent but he is either making his reads too quickly or our O-cord is holding us back.

Brad doesn't get rattled very often. So pressure is important but not as much as usual. I think if you want to make B. Johnson a non factor you have to have good LB play.

I dont know about seattles LB's but if they are solid tacklers then it may be a long day for Minny. Deflected passes and keeping our short passes to very little YAC will probably shut our passing attack down.
    Our front seven is the the strong point of our defense.
    We rotate 8 players though the front four so they are always fresh.

Our linebackers are very strong.

It all starts with our MLB Lofa Tatupu.
    He is a second year player out of USC (2nd round pick) and has played with poise and leadership since day 1 of his rookie year.
    Tatupu came in second last year to Merriman in the DROY ballot and hasn't slowed down this year.
    Last week he has 6 tackles and 1 INT against the Rams.

Our LOLB LeRoy Hill is also a second year player.
    He finished with 8 sacks last year in basically the last 6 games.
    This year he has been a bit slower with only 1 sack in four games.
    He was out for the Lions game.

ROLB - we brought in Julian Peterson from the 49ers this year and he has performed as advertised.
    He had 2 sacks last week and was involved a lot in the second half when the HAWKS began to actually play.

If there is one thing that can hurt our O more then anything it is a good LB core. We have some good offensive players too don't get me wrong I am not willing to say it will be a walk in the park for you guys, but If 5 games tells us anything it is we will not be spreading the field in the air and if your guys can keep everyone in front of them then it will make it rough for our offense to sustain drives.

Rhew Churyll is offline Waterboy

The key's to this game I think is not how well any one point of the team plays.

Yes, we didn't do well against the Bears.
    And YES we scraped by the Lions.

But the argument is going to come down to how well both offense plays against the other teams defense.

We just played a very emotional game against a division rival and rallied in the 2nd half to win the game.
    With that, we are coming home with a healthy Dline and our WR corps are starting to click.

If the Hawks D or the O gets into a rhythm early in the game, it will be very tough for the Vikings to come back, especially at Qwest.
    If we end up slugging it out or start playing catch-up, then look for the Hawks to start making some gambles plays.
    Which doesn't happen to often.

But at home....I dunno...the Hawks have really used the Home field to their advantage, this will test the Vikings for sure.

Going to be a great game to watch.
    I wish for NO injuries!! And hopefully the Refs will be on the ball (so to speak hehe)

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

It's no secret that our offense will have to get it together for them to be successful in the long run.
    The whole poison pill issue will be the big topic of the week for the media whores.
    I've been looking forward to this game since the Hutchinson fiasco.
    That was a fun point of the offseason.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

HLD

"Acumen" wrote:
    It's no secret that our offense will have to get it together for them to be successful in the long run.
    The whole poison pill issue will be the big topic of the week for the media whores.
    We all circled this date after the Huck Futch Fiasco!
    www.seahawkblue.com

"HLD" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    ;D, so did many of us.
    That made this game more of a rivalry than it would have been.
    Let the battles begin.
    I'm guessin Hutchinson is hated in SeaChicken land.
    I had no problems with the poison pill contract of Burleson, you can have that guy.
    He's replaceable.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

HLD

"Acumen" wrote:
    "HLD" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    I had no problems with the poison pill contract of Burleson, you can have that guy.
    He's replaceable.
    As we have found out... Thank God for Branch.
    www.seahawkblue.com

I was hoping the Vikings would make a move on Branch.
    He's the only 'big name' WR FA that I wanted this year and the gol 'darnit Seachickens nabbed him up while the Vikings were playing around with the likes of Pussyton.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast