Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Slade is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Seahawks Fan Here...

Agreed, everyone here knows it will be a tight, hard-fought contest. Not high scoring or one sided. We have faith in our team, and believe we can win. The Seachickens are coming off of an emotional game vs. the Rams, & may be overlooking us. Good luck over there & go Vikes!

MigratingHawk is offline Waterboy

Both of those comments are fair.
    I was more referring to some of the more homeristic posts or these morons telling me Bethel runs a 4.2: http://rubechat.kfan.com/forums/thread/985082.aspx

I agree it will be a physical game.
    If the Vikings D can totally shut down the run and bring pressure they've got a shot.

Problem is, I don't think your offense is explosive enough to jump out in front and make us one-dimensional like Chicago did.
    But then again, I'm just a Seahawk homer.

If we are effective in the run I think the game gets ugly, but I would not be at all suprised if the Vikings covered the spread.

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

"Rhew" wrote:
    This is what I hate about threads like these, egotistical fans always feel the need to invade and become a complete jiggly butt when the game hasn't even been played yet. Sorry but if you 'Hawks' fans think you will run us over like you did the Giants, you're dreaming, just ask the Bears fans, they thought the same thing...oh wait I guess you won't be asking them since they destroyed you and you would simply be laughed at. Do I even need to mention how the Hawks D made overrated Grossman look like a probowler.

Stats and the way rosters look on paper mean absolutely nothing. Fact of the matter is any defense can be picked apart given the chance (i.e. protection and blocking) Brad may be old but he's still highly capable of finding the weak spot in the defense. Same goes for our D, if it happens props to the team that does it, but as of now the games we have played prove we are a bend but don't break D and a formidable one.

All I can say is the Hawk's expect to win they better bring a rushing game, can't win in this league passing 40+ times and I don't know what's with the name calling, I never got the Viqueen joke, just shows the maturity level of some people.
    Get a grip, this is the internet.
    Some people make a joke some can't, same as some can take a joke
    and some can't

For the Hawk fans that did come on and troll, they've been handled, am I correct?
    So you won't have to worry.

I have faith in my team just as you do yours.

I go to a few away games, get spit on, beer poured on, insults hurled at, but I still support my team no matter where they play and when.

Same as going to other team's forums.
    I enjoy interacting with fans from other teams, because they provide me information that I normally only get on game day.
    From coming on here this week, I see the faith you all have in the Vikings run game, and the stout Vikings D.

YES yes YES.
    I am still reeling from the Bears game.
    Every now and then the Hawks let a stinker like that get by them.

The Hawks have regrouped since then during the bye, and are coming into this game very healthy despite Alexander and Engram not playing in the lineup this week.

We are at home, you can't dispute home field advantage.
    I will forever have faith in my team regardless of stats and numbers.
    Just as I'm sure you all do as well.

I don't expect the Vikings to let the Hawks fly all over them.
    I have a feeling it will be a game best fought between the Defenses rather than the Offenses.

I wish for no Injuries and a great game.

Thanks for having me here this week its been fun.

Btw, on Sunday, I will be doing a live chat broadcast over at buddytv.com.
    I'm new at this and the camera speed might be a little off (wifi), but there is still a chat box you can all communicate on if you do show up.

http://www.buddytv.com/TVJHome.aspx?TVJId=7224

I'll see you all on Sunday, have a great weekend and GO HAWKS!!!!!!

Well it's good to know atleast 1 of you has a brain, good to see a decent rival fan actually make a constructive discussion on the game, that is a very rare thing. it's much appreciated.

Del Rio Guest

"MigratingHawk" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    One of the funnier stats:

Rex Grossman against SeaChickens:
    17/31 232 yds 2 TDs 0 Ints & 0 fumbles

Rex Grossman against Cardinals
    14/37 148 yds 0 TDs 4 Ints & 2 lost fumbles
    Congrats, you've established that Grossman is incredibly inconsistent.
    You realize we destroyed AZ right?

I can't blame fans for optomism, and agree that anything can happen in the NFL.
    But some of you guys don't seem to appreciate how difficult this game is going to be for the vikes.
    Have you seen the picks this week?

USA Today 6 of 6 pick Hawks: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/picks.htm
    HBO 4 of 4 pick Hawks: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/picks.htm
    SIRIUS 9 of 9 pick Hawks: http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/Page&c=FlexContent&cid=1157643895807
    Yahoo 4 of 4 pick Hawks (including Chris Carter): http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/pickem
    ESPN 6 of 8 pick Hawks: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent
    CBS 3 of 6 Pick Hawks again 6.5 point spread: http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks

Add in the Hawks are 12-0 at home since the end of '04, and 26 of their last 29, and I really don't know where you're getting all this confidence.

I'm not guarenteeing a victory or anything, and I dont' generally put too much weight in so-called expert picks.
    But when its this dramatic, do you think they maybe know something you don't?
    Maybe at least admit this is going to be a tough one for the vikes?
    If that is what you call difficult I think you may want to take a step back a re-evaluate your whole opinion on the subject.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Chawkaholic" wrote:
    Also, PacNWVike, You represent everything that is wrong w/ society today.
    You should be ashamed.
    People like you make me want to vomit.
    You are lucky enough to have a pro football team in your own backyard and you choose to support a team in the midwest.
    I am a real die hard Hawk fan, however, if I moved to AZ, I would be the biggest Cardinal fan in the state.
    I hope you are at the game Sunday, w/ any luck you will be seated in the South endzone w/ the real fans.
    I look forward to heckling you right out of the building, not that I will need to.
    I was at the game the last time the Vikings came to town, you all left at the half, it was beautiful.
    [img width=15 height=15]http://www.purplepride.org/forums/Themes/default/images/warnban.gif[/img]
    This guy is offering nothing. He is attacking our members integrity and there are enough good natured fans from the Hawks here that are talking a little smack and having fun. He is not one of them and we should not have to suffer his BS anylonger.
    Hey dipsh!t...I was at the Redskins game...and got heckled unmercifully all game long...BUT guess who it was that had to slink out of the stadium at the end of the game...that's right...the heckling Redskins fans!
    I am pretty sure that this week, my buddy Pac will be experiencing the same phenomena as I did on opening weekend!

Go get 'em, Pac and crew!!!
    REPRESENT!!!
    CAJUN,

We walked out proud toghether and did no slinking.

Hey Cajun,

Wasn't it fun to watch the "DIE HARD" Seachicken fans walking out of the game shortly after Hassleback went down?

Marrdro
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Del Rio Guest

"Del" wrote:
    "HLD" wrote:
    I am still waiting for your unibomber lookin mascot to answer my question, so quit berading me about my wits, get some guts and answer it.

You haven't lost at home yet.

There is a big difference between "NOBODY wins in SEATTLE!" and We have lost at home before but the past few years we have played very well there.

Your claim is about as smart as me saying WE HAVEN'T LOST TO A BALDING QB THIS YEAR THAT GUARANTEE'S VICTORIES ONLY TO THROW A TD TO THE OPPOSING TEAM.

And there you have it, you do lose at home. 31-13. Any given Sunday.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"HLD" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    "HLD" wrote:
    Your "W", I am afraid to say, I NOT going to come this week.
    The HAWKS are just too dominant at home.
    Just like when you dominated the Bears.
    The Seachickens are going back to their 70's form for an afternoon this Sunday and losing at home.
    It has been spoken.
    Ummm...Does you love boat lovin team not know that the game is in Seattle this week?
    NOBODY wins in SEATTLE.

THAT IS FACT BOY
    This has been beaten to death, but I have some crow I pulled it out of the freezer last night.
    I reckon it would be best to eat it soon, it's thawed out now and the temperature is going to be in the mid 70s today.

If you ever want some legitimate advice, stop by again somtime.
    Next time it won't be free.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

Sea Hag fan
    OWNED!!!
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

that had to suck for a Seahawk fan to watch that game (well, after the 72-yard TD)
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Rhew" wrote:
    Even if you hold C.t to less then normal yards in the first half, our O line will make y our D line suffer and in the forth, it'll be open lanes.. and then you'll see the strength of Mck Hutch and Birk. any kid that knows math can understand we run to the left + left center 75% of the time.. your coaches know this, but won't be able to stop it.
    Welp, I may have mentioned our very good rotating DLine, but I've failed to impart you all some knowledge about our Linebacker corps.

2 time Probowler OLB Julian Peterson (already leads teams in sacks with 4)
    Probowler (in his first year) MLB Lofa Tatupu
    Last but not least OLB Leroy Hill (split time with DD Lewis last year and still manage to rack in 7.5 sacks)

Even if Chester (or any RB for that matter) manages to find an opening, he'll have to get past our very fast Linebacker corps.
    And when they are in sync, they don't let anything by them.

So that takes care of your worries about our DT's not making a play.

I'm guessing that they weren't in sync...maybe they were N'SYNC instead!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast