Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

Re: Seahawks Fan Here...

This is what I hate about threads like these, egotistical fans always feel the need to invade and become a complete ass when the game hasn't even been played yet. Sorry but if you 'Hawks' fans think you will run us over like you did the Giants, you're dreaming, just ask the Bears fans, they thought the same thing...oh wait I guess you won't be asking them since they destroyed you and you would simply be laughed at. Do I even need to mention how the Hawks D made overrated Grossman look like a probowler.

Stats and the way rosters look on paper mean absolutely nothing. Fact of the matter is any defense can be picked apart given the chance (i.e. protection and blocking) Brad may be old but he's still highly capable of finding the weak spot in the defense. Same goes for our D, if it happens props to the team that does it, but as of now the games we have played prove we are a bend but don't break D and a formidable one.

All I can say is the Hawk's expect to win they better bring a rushing game, can't win in this league passing 40+ times and I don't know what's with the name calling, I never got the Viqueen joke, just shows the maturity level of some people.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"Rhew" wrote:
    Even if you hold C.t to less then normal yards in the first half, our O line will make y our D line suffer and in the forth, it'll be open lanes.. and then you'll see the strength of Mck Hutch and Birk. any kid that knows math can understand we run to the left + left center 75% of the time.. your coaches know this, but won't be able to stop it.
    Welp, I may have mentioned our very good rotating DLine, but I've failed to impart you all some knowledge about our Linebacker corps.

2 time Probowler OLB Julian Peterson (already leads teams in sacks with 4)
    Probowler (in his first year) MLB Lofa Tatupu
    Last but not least OLB Leroy Hill (split time with DD Lewis last year and still manage to rack in 7.5 sacks)

Even if Chester (or any RB for that matter) manages to find an opening, he'll have to get past our very fast Linebacker corps.
    And when they are in sync, they don't let anything by them.

So that takes care of your worries about our DT's not making a play.

I have no worries.. dont you remember cheering for Hutch as he tossed people backward? if u don't remember.. watch sunday it'll happen again.

and if you get someone infront of C.t they have to deal with big Tony R.
    my hopes are that you focus on this so B.j can use the TE's and get behiend your lb's and we just march over your head.

it's gonna be a long tuff battle, but i like our chances to break whatever hope u have for winning this game.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

One of the funnier stats:

Rex Grossman against SeaChickens:
    17/31 232 yds 2 TDs 0 Ints & 0 fumbles

Rex Grossman against Cardinals
    14/37 148 yds 0 TDs 4 Ints & 2 lost fumbles
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Rhew Churyll is offline Waterboy

This is what I hate about threads like these, egotistical fans always feel the need to invade and become a complete jiggly butt when the game hasn't even been played yet. Sorry but if you 'Hawks' fans think you will run us over like you did the Giants, you're dreaming, just ask the Bears fans, they thought the same thing...oh wait I guess you won't be asking them since they destroyed you and you would simply be laughed at. Do I even need to mention how the Hawks D made overrated Grossman look like a probowler.

Stats and the way rosters look on paper mean absolutely nothing. Fact of the matter is any defense can be picked apart given the chance (i.e. protection and blocking) Brad may be old but he's still highly capable of finding the weak spot in the defense. Same goes for our D, if it happens props to the team that does it, but as of now the games we have played prove we are a bend but don't break D and a formidable one.

All I can say is the Hawk's expect to win they better bring a rushing game, can't win in this league passing 40+ times and I don't know what's with the name calling, I never got the Viqueen joke, just shows the maturity level of some people.
    Get a grip, this is the internet.
    Some people make a joke some can't, same as some can take a joke
    and some can't

For the Hawk fans that did come on and troll, they've been handled, am I correct?
    So you won't have to worry.

I have faith in my team just as you do yours.

I go to a few away games, get spit on, beer poured on, insults hurled at, but I still support my team no matter where they play and when.

Same as going to other team's forums.
    I enjoy interacting with fans from other teams, because they provide me information that I normally only get on game day.
    From coming on here this week, I see the faith you all have in the Vikings run game, and the stout Vikings D.

YES yes YES.
    I am still reeling from the Bears game.
    Every now and then the Hawks let a stinker like that get by them.

The Hawks have regrouped since then during the bye, and are coming into this game very healthy despite Alexander and Engram not playing in the lineup this week.

We are at home, you can't dispute home field advantage.
    I will forever have faith in my team regardless of stats and numbers.
    Just as I'm sure you all do as well.

I don't expect the Vikings to let the Hawks fly all over them.
    I have a feeling it will be a game best fought between the Defenses rather than the Offenses.

I wish for no Injuries and a great game.

Thanks for having me here this week its been fun.

Btw, on Sunday, I will be doing a live chat broadcast over at buddytv.com.
    I'm new at this and the camera speed might be a little off (wifi), but there is still a chat box you can all communicate on if you do show up.

http://www.buddytv.com/TVJHome.aspx?TVJId=7224

I'll see you all on Sunday, have a great weekend and GO HAWKS!!!!!!

"Rhew" wrote:
    This is what I hate about threads like these, egotistical fans always feel the need to invade and become a complete jiggly butt when the game hasn't even been played yet. Sorry but if you 'Hawks' fans think you will run us over like you did the Giants, you're dreaming, just ask the Bears fans, they thought the same thing...oh wait I guess you won't be asking them since they destroyed you and you would simply be laughed at. Do I even need to mention how the Hawks D made overrated Grossman look like a probowler.

Get a grip, this is the internet.
    Some people make a joke some can't, same as some can take a joke
    and some can't

For the Hawk fans that did come on and troll, they've been handled, am I correct?
    So you won't have to worry.

I have faith in my team just as you do yours.

I go to a few away games, get spit on, beer poured on, insults hurled at, but I still support my team no matter where they play and when.

Same as going to other team's forums.
    I enjoy interacting with fans from other teams, because they provide me information that I normally only get on game day.
    From coming on here this week, I see the faith you all have in the Vikings run game, and the stout Vikings D.

YES yes YES.
    I am still reeling from the Bears game.
    Every now and then the Hawks let a stinker like that get by them.

The Hawks have regrouped since then during the bye, and are coming into this game very healthy despite Alexander and Engram not playing in the lineup this week.

We are at home, you can't dispute home field advantage.
    I will forever have faith in my team regardless of stats and numbers.
    Just as I'm sure you all do as well.

I don't expect the Vikings to let the Hawks fly all over them.
    I have a feeling it will be a game best fought between the Defenses rather than the Offenses.

I wish for no Injuries and a great game.

Thanks for having me here this week its been fun.

Btw, on Sunday, I will be doing a live chat broadcast over at buddytv.com.
    I'm new at this and the camera speed might be a little off (wifi), but there is still a chat box you can all communicate on if you do show up.

http://www.buddytv.com/TVJHome.aspx?TVJId=7224

I'll see you all on Sunday, have a great weekend and GO HAWKS!!!!!!

It's great to have fans stop in from other games that are offering a discussion about the game.
    Thanks for the link.

You should advertise the Pillage and Plunder radio show that plays every Sunday evening at 8 p.m CST.
    A few folks on the site host this radio show and it would be great if some Seachicken fans would call in and get things stirred up.
    Stop by after the game too, so appropriate servings of crow can be alloted.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

MigratingHawk is offline Waterboy

"Acumen" wrote:

Congrats, you've established that Grossman is incredibly inconsistent.
    You realize we destroyed AZ right?

I can't blame fans for optomism, and agree that anything can happen in the NFL.
    But some of you guys don't seem to appreciate how difficult this game is going to be for the vikes.
    Have you seen the picks this week?

USA Today 6 of 6 pick Hawks: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/picks.htm
    HBO 4 of 4 pick Hawks: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/picks.htm
    SIRIUS 9 of 9 pick Hawks: http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/Page&c=FlexContent&cid=1157643895807
    Yahoo 4 of 4 pick Hawks (including Chris Carter): http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/pickem
    ESPN 6 of 8 pick Hawks: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent
    CBS 3 of 6 Pick Hawks again 6.5 point spread: http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks

Add in the Hawks are 12-0 at home since the end of '04, and 26 of their last 29, and I really don't know where you're getting all this confidence.

I'm not guarenteeing a victory or anything, and I dont' generally put too much weight in so-called expert picks.
    But when its this dramatic, do you think they maybe know something you don't?
    Maybe at least admit this is going to be a tough one for the vikes?

At least Seattle has a nice stadium, what we have in MN is a joke compaired to that field.
    The game will be close, if we can hold seattle under 17 we could win, the vikings cannot score more than 17 unless the D has a fantasy day again.
    You republican whore!

Rhew Churyll is offline Waterboy

It's great to have fans stop in from other games that are offering a discussion about the game.
    Thanks for the link.

You should advertise the Pillage and Plunder radio show that plays every Sunday evening at 8 p.m CST.
    A few folks on the site host this radio show and it would be great if some Seachicken fans would call in and get things stirred up.
    Stop by after the game too, so appropriate servings of crow can be alloted.
    Thanks for the linkage Acumen.
    I'll let members on Seahawkshuddle.com know.

"MigratingHawk" wrote:

Add in the Hawks are 12-0 at home since the end of '04, and 26 of their last 29, and I really don't know where you're getting all this confidence.

It seems important to you to refer to your team as the HAWKS, as if that will make them seem more formidable.
    So what exactly is a seahawk?

"So are you ever likely to see a “seahawk” in feathered form?
    Well, perhaps.
    Just don’t expect to find it listed as such in any field guide.
    But if you can read Greek you will find something close: the Osprey.
    With a distinct brown eye-band contrasting with a white feathery cap, the Osprey holds quite a regal presence.
    Found worldwide, the Osprey eats only live fish"

Sounds pretty scary.....
    I cant shake those images of flesh ripping seabirds like the penguin, seagull, and duck!
    I shouldn't joke....I am sure if you layed out on the beach with a fish on your face, one of those mean nasty "Seahawks" could actually peck your eye out!

Kidding aside, I look for this to be a very competitive game and would be shocked to see either team get blown out.
    Because I am a Viking fan, I have to pick the Vikes to win.
    24-17 Vikes (with one defensive TD)
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

"MigratingHawk" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:

Congrats, you've established that Grossman is incredibly inconsistent.
    You realize we destroyed AZ right?

I can't blame fans for optomism, and agree that anything can happen in the NFL.
    But some of you guys don't seem to appreciate how difficult this game is going to be for the vikes.
    Have you seen the picks this week?

USA Today 6 of 6 pick Hawks: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/picks.htm
    HBO 4 of 4 pick Hawks: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/picks.htm
    SIRIUS 9 of 9 pick Hawks: http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/Page&c=FlexContent&cid=1157643895807
    Yahoo 4 of 4 pick Hawks (including Chris Carter): http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/pickem
    ESPN 6 of 8 pick Hawks: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent
    CBS 3 of 6 Pick Hawks again 6.5 point spread: http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks

I'm not guarenteeing a victory or anything, and I dont' generally put too much weight in so-called expert picks.
    But when its this dramatic, do you think they maybe know something you don't?
    I don't think many Vikings fans think this game is going to be a cake walk.
    There are plenty of Seachicken fans thinking this will be a cakewalk though.
    The Chickens won't be racking up a bunch of points this Sunday, I doubt that the Vikings will either.
    However, it is high time that the Vikings O does something and this would make a great time for their coming out party (unlike the coming out party that you are use to).

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast