Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    HLD
    HLD is offline Training Camp

Re: Seahawks Fan Here...

I know Minnesota has a lot of stagnant water up there, but I didn't know that you guys were actually drinking the mesquito laiden filth.

77 Points over the last 3 games? yes that is true.
    However this is where the points don't tell the whole story.

The first three quarters we held NY Giants to 3 points then started playing the backups in a college like "prevent hurt feelings" 4th quarter when NY scored all of their points.

There was a 6 quarter stretch where the HAWKS allowed 58 points.

In the previous 11 quarters the Hawks allowed a TOTAL of 19 points.
    Believe me, you won't see the relaxed D on Sunday, but you will the attacking D from the beginning of the Season.

Again,

HAWKS 35
    Queens 10
    www.seahawkblue.com

HLD

"singersp" wrote:
    "Rhew" wrote:
    But I really think the Vikings will not be able to translate more than 60 yards at the most in this game.
    Our run Defense is very healthy.
    We just can't over commit to the pash rush against BJ.
    If that happens, then Johnson will burn us down field.
    Exactly how did you come up with that figure?

Here's the rushing yards you've given up so far & the averages per carry.

Lions 38 (2.2)

Cardinals 146 (4.1)

Giants 106 (2.6)

Bears 143 (3.8)

Chester Taylor is averaging 3.8/carry & 22 carries per game by himself. And that is after a slow start.
    Where do you get 146 for the Cardinals from??

To me this is how I add:

James: 18 Attempts for 64 yards (3.5 ypc)
    Warner: 2 attempts for 1 yard

Since when does 65 yards = 146 yards?
    Must be your new viQueen math.
    www.seahawkblue.com

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"HLD" wrote:
    I know Minnesota has a lot of stagnant water up there, but I didn't know that you guys were actually drinking the mesquito laiden filth.

The first three quarters we held NY Giants to 3 points then started playing the backups in a college like "prevent hurt feelings" 4th quarter when NY scored all of their points.

Believe me, you won't see the relaxed D on Sunday, but you will the attacking D from the beginning of the Season.

Again,

HAWKS 35
    Queens 10
    Drinking mesquito water is better than living where it rains every day of the year.

Hawks 13
    Vikes 21

HLD

"WVV" wrote:
    "HLD" wrote:

Again,

HAWKS 35
    Queens 10
    Drinking mesquito water is better than living where it rains every day of the year.

Hawks 13
    Vikes 21
    I would rather live where it is 50 degrees and rains in the winter than where it is -10 and five feet of snow.
    www.seahawkblue.com

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"HLD" wrote:
    I would rather live where it is 50 degrees and rains in the winter than where it is -10 and five feet of snow.
    The cold winds are what separate the latte-drinking effites from the lutefisk-eating men.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

"Chawkaholic" wrote:
    Also, PacNWVike, You represent everything that is wrong w/ society today.
    You should be ashamed.
    People like you make me want to vomit.
    You are lucky enough to have a pro football team in your own backyard and you choose to support a team in the midwest.
    I am a real die hard Hawk fan, however, if I moved to AZ, I would be the biggest Cardinal fan in the state.
    I hope you are at the game Sunday, w/ any luck you will be seated in the South endzone w/ the real fans.
    I look forward to heckling you right out of the building, not that I will need to.
    I was at the game the last time the Vikings came to town, you all left at the half, it was beautiful.
    Wow.
    Glad you explained life to me.
    You show an absolutely amazing level of class.
    I welcome you to our home and post a couple of honest, friendly comments and get blasted.
    True class.
    Well, for your edification, douche bag, I spent 21 years of my life in uniform, primarily overseas protecting your right to be a blathering idiot.
    I was raised in Minnesota and stayed true to my me team regardless where my country sent me.
    You obviously can't grasp the concept of loyalty, so why don't you take your Zoloft and go back to flogging your tiny log to Pee Wee Herman and Richard Simmons pictures until your mommy calls you for dinner...

:

Yeah, I know guys.
    He was bannished but now I feel better...
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"HLD" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Rhew" wrote:
    But I really think the Vikings will not be able to translate more than 60 yards at the most in this game.
    Our run Defense is very healthy.
    We just can't over commit to the pash rush against BJ.
    If that happens, then Johnson will burn us down field.
    Exactly how did you come up with that figure?

Here's the rushing yards you've given up so far & the averages per carry.

Lions 38 (2.2)

Cardinals 146 (4.1)

Giants 106 (2.6)

Bears 143 (3.8)

Chester Taylor is averaging 3.8/carry & 22 carries per game by himself. And that is after a slow start.
    Where do you get 146 for the Cardinals from??

To me this is how I add:

James: 18 Attempts for 64 yards (3.5 ypc)
    Warner: 2 attempts for 1 yard

Since when does 65 yards = 146 yards?
    Must be your new viQueen math.
    I stand corrected on the Cardinals game. I was looking in the Seahawk column.

It was 65 yards on 20 attepts, but still 3.2 yards average per carry.

The NYG game was actually 73 yards rushing, & 4.9 ypc.

The Rams; 59 yards, 2.7 ypc.

My point is you are going up against Taylor who is averaging 3.8 ypc & gets 20+ carries a game. He has been coming on strong & you'll have a tough time holding him to 60 yards if he sees that many touches.

My source for the info is NFL.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Rhew Churyll is offline Waterboy

My point is you are going up against Taylor who is averaging 3.8 ypc & gets 20+ carries a game. He has been coming on strong & you'll have a tough time holding him to 60 yards if he sees that many touches.
    All we can do is wait and see
    ;D

Actually Matt Birk is the strength of our line.

Hutch is a nice addition.

Rotate all you want.
    They will get their asses kicked.
    Sure...whatever
    :-\

Lets see...how many false starts will there be....I'm thinking 5 at the least and....7 at the most.

There's going to be a nice welcome waiting at Qwest Stadium.
    I hope you brought some noise protection.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Chawkaholic" wrote:
    Also, PacNWVike, You represent everything that is wrong w/ society today.
    You should be ashamed.
    People like you make me want to vomit.
    You are lucky enough to have a pro football team in your own backyard and you choose to support a team in the midwest.
    I am a real die hard Hawk fan, however, if I moved to AZ, I would be the biggest Cardinal fan in the state.
    I hope you are at the game Sunday, w/ any luck you will be seated in the South endzone w/ the real fans.
    I look forward to heckling you right out of the building, not that I will need to.
    I was at the game the last time the Vikings came to town, you all left at the half, it was beautiful.
    [img width=15 height=15]http://www.purplepride.org/forums/Themes/default/images/warnban.gif[/img]
    This guy is offering nothing. He is attacking our members integrity and there are enough good natured fans from the Hawks here that are talking a little smack and having fun. He is not one of them and we should not have to suffer his BS anylonger.
    Hey dipsh!t...I was at the Redskins game...and got heckled unmercifully all game long...BUT guess who it was that had to slink out of the stadium at the end of the game...that's right...the heckling Redskins fans!
    I am pretty sure that this week, my buddy Pac will be experiencing the same phenomena as I did on opening weekend!

Go get 'em, Pac and crew!!!
    REPRESENT!!!
    CAJUN,

We walked out proud toghether and did no slinking.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Rhew" wrote:

I have a feeling we'll be pounding the run, maybe 30+ rushes for 100+ yards
    Its ok to have a dream.
    Um....our Dline is actually better against the run than the pass.

The loss of Hutch and last years MVP will produce no running attack against our front 4 on the D - Line
    Sure it hurts to have Hutch not playing for us, but you throw pressure against our run, we go to the air.
    If we get a running game against your prominent front 4, then its over.
    We'll have too many offensive options and the Vikes D will be confuse before they even know what hit them.

Hutch isn't the only one on the Vikes Oline.
    He may be the strength of the line, but since we know that, we can then also exploit that.
    How?
    We got a rotating Dline of 4 very good DT's who'll keep your Oline very very tired.
    Plus the fact that BJohnson won't even be able to hear himself throughout the whole game.

Any QB in that situation is bound to get a little fustrated and gun happy with the ball.

Our secondary will be that "anybody" and the D will score the final 14 points.
    Thats a nice little quote, but its going to be the other way around
    ;D
    You made my point exactly.
    We will stop your run and do it with our front four and you will have to go to the air.
    Stand by for "Ball Hawking Sharper" to bring at least one back.

Additionally, Hutchinson only strengthens a pretty good left with McKinney and Birk.
    The right side is our weakness, especially with blocking the back side when we go left, but I still think they are going to matchup well against your D-line, no matter how many you can rotate.
    I expect we will have limited success running early but will stay with a balanced attach 50/50 run/pass.
    That will impact later on in the 4th qtr when all we are doing is burning the clock.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast