Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Seahawks Fan Here...

"Rhew" wrote:

I have a feeling we'll be pounding the run, maybe 30+ rushes for 100+ yards
    Its ok to have a dream.
    Um....our Dline is actually better against the run than the pass.

The loss of Hutch and last years MVP will produce no running attack against our front 4 on the D - Line
    Sure it hurts to have Hutch not playing for us, but you throw pressure against our run, we go to the air.
    If we get a running game against your prominent front 4, then its over.
    We'll have too many offensive options and the Vikes D will be confuse before they even know what hit them.

Hutch isn't the only one on the Vikes Oline.
    He may be the strength of the line, but since we know that, we can then also exploit that.
    How?
    We got a rotating Dline of 4 very good DT's who'll keep your Oline very very tired.
    Plus the fact that BJohnson won't even be able to hear himself throughout the whole game.

Any QB in that situation is bound to get a little fustrated and gun happy with the ball.

Our secondary will be that "anybody" and the D will score the final 14 points.
    Thats a nice little quote, but its going to be the other way around
    ;D
    I think if we can put up 97 rushing yards against the Bears D that is ranked one ahead of you that we can manage to get close to 100 against the Hawks no doubt. Especially when your team managed to let the 23rd ranked Bears rushing attack pile up over 120 yards.

Obviously what is done against different teams does not translate directly, and you guys are at home. So who knows.

That being said our offense doesn't need 100 rush yards to win. We use the run to keep the defense true so we can execute the passing game. Unless your blowing us out your going to be seeing close to 30 runs no question about it.

Rhew Churyll is offline Waterboy

That being said our offense doesn't need 100 rush yards to win. We use the run to keep the defense true so we can execute the passing game. Unless your blowing us out your going to be seeing close to 30 runs no question about it.
    True.

But I really think the Vikings will not be able to translate more than 60 yards at the most in this game.
    Our run Defense is very healthy.
    We just can't over commit to the pash rush against BJ.
    If that happens, then Johnson will burn us down field.

We do have that weakness.
    Our secondary has had miscommunications in the past 3 games that allowed the reciever to get open.
    Last year we were 2nd over all in the Red Zone as far as keeping teams out of the end zone, this year we are 31st?
    I think?

As LONG as we keep the Vikings offense from crossing the 50yard line, then our defense has done their job.
    If we let you get down to our 30, thats when I start slamming shots of tequila and speaking in tongues hehe.

I know it'll be a very insteresting game.
    The Vikings whole team is much different than the one we played against in 2004, so I'm pretty pumped to see this game.

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

"Chawkaholic" wrote:
    No seriously, I don't think you guys have watched enough games @ Qwest.
    You all are going to quit watching at the half.
    This game is not going to be close.
    I would say it would be about a 60/40 chance the Hawks would win if the game were in MN.
    But in Seattle, you REALLY, REALLY have NO chance, like 0.00% chance of winning this game.
    Remember what I have written here as you are watching the Vikings completely fall apart in the earth rattling din of Qwest field.
    I am dead serious when I say the Vikings will have less than 100 yards of offense at the half.
    They very well might have less than 10 yards rushing.
    No joke.
    Nice math dude.
    There are two teams.
    one will win, one will lose.
    Each team makes up the whole 100%.
    Now follow me here, that means both teams have a 50% chance each of winning as well as a 50% chance of losing.
    If thats too confusing for you, well theres no hope for you ever making it in life, its over.

Any given sunday.
    Watch footbal enough, you will learn that.
    Saying a team has 0 chance to win is just asking for a cold plate of crow.
    The cardinals had 0% chance to win against the bears, given your brilliant thought process.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Chawkaholic" wrote:
    I would say it would be about a 60/40 chance the Hawks would win if the game were in MN.
    But in Seattle, you REALLY, REALLY have NO chance, like 0.00% chance of winning this game.
    Remember what I have written here as you are watching the Vikings completely fall apart in the earth rattling din of Qwest field.
    I am dead serious when I say the Vikings will have less than 100 yards of offense at the half.
    No joke.

I think you are seriously disturbed!

Viking's defense is ranked 5th in the NFL.

Seattle's offense is ranked 20th in the NFL.

Viking's offense is ranked 12th in the NFL.

Seattle's defense is ranked 15th in the NFL.

Seattle will not have it's best runner (unless the walrus is lying)!

Darly Jackson is dinged up, you are missing Egram, Branch is still trying to learn the offense and Nate Burleson has a cast on his hand and hasn't done much in Seattle.

Seattle's O-line is suspect and your best lineman has been playing injured and Hasselbeck will be running for his life, the Vikes D will be blitzing him and with pressure up the middle he will not be effective.

The left side of the Viking's O-line will be making highways for Chester Taylor to run through thanks to Hutchinson
    whom your team was so kind to give us!

And I will bet you that the Viking's have more than 100 yards in the 1st quarter let alone the 1st half, and I will also bet you that the seahawk's don't have 80 yards rushing the whole game!
    And if that is the case the Viking's D will tee off and send the dogs of war to kill Hasselbeck, so get the tumbstone ready for his grave because you will need it!

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Rhew Churyll is offline Waterboy

And I will bet you that the Viking's have more than 100 yards in the 1st quarter let alone the 1st half,
    Now y'all are just plain reaching!!
    :

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "Chawkaholic" wrote:
    No joke.

I think you are seriously disturbed!

Viking's defense is ranked 5th in the NFL.

Seattle's offense is ranked 20th in the NFL.

Viking's offense is ranked 12th in the NFL.

Seattle's defense is ranked 15th in the NFL.

Seattle will not have it's best runner (unless the walrus is lying)!

Darly Jackson is dinged up, you are missing Egram, Branch is still trying to learn the offense and Nate Burleson has a cast on his hand and hasn't done much in Seattle.

Seattle's O-line is suspect and your best lineman has been playing injured and Hasselbeck will be running for his life, the Vikes D will be blitzing him and with pressure up the middle he will not be effective.

The left side of the Viking's O-line will be making highways for Chester Taylor to run through thanks to Hutchinson
    whom your team was so kind to give us!

And I will bet you that the Viking's have more than 100 yards in the 1st quarter let alone the 1st half, and I will also bet you that the seahawk's don't have 80 yards rushing the whole game!
    And if that is the case the Viking's D will tee off and send the dogs of war to kill Hasselbeck, so get the tumbstone ready for his grave because you will need it!

Kudos to whack. That was emotional yet very logical.
    didn't realize the Hawk's offense has that low. Especially in comparison to ours.... WOW. We have more of a chance than I thought. Now if Childress will just let the dogs loose....
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Chawkaholic" wrote:
    Also, PacNWVike, You represent everything that is wrong w/ society today.
    You should be ashamed.
    People like you make me want to vomit.
    You are lucky enough to have a pro football team in your own backyard and you choose to support a team in the midwest.
    I am a real die hard Hawk fan, however, if I moved to AZ, I would be the biggest Cardinal fan in the state.
    I hope you are at the game Sunday, w/ any luck you will be seated in the South endzone w/ the real fans.
    I look forward to heckling you right out of the building, not that I will need to.
    I was at the game the last time the Vikings came to town, you all left at the half, it was beautiful.
    [img width=15 height=15]http://www.purplepride.org/forums/Themes/default/images/warnban.gif[/img]
    This guy is offering nothing. He is attacking our members integrity and there are enough good natured fans from the Hawks here that are talking a little smack and having fun. He is not one of them and we should not have to suffer his BS anylonger.
    Hey dipsh!t...I was at the Redskins game...and got heckled unmercifully all game long...BUT guess who it was that had to slink out of the stadium at the end of the game...that's right...the heckling Redskins fans!
    I am pretty sure that this week, my buddy Pac will be experiencing the same phenomena as I did on opening weekend!

Go get 'em, Pac and crew!!!
    REPRESENT!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Rhew" wrote:
    He may be the strength of the line, but since we know that, we can then also exploit that.
    How?
    We got a rotating Dline of 4 very good DT's who'll keep your Oline very very tired.
    Plus the fact that BJohnson won't even be able to hear himself throughout the whole game.

Any QB in that situation is bound to get a little fustrated and gun happy with the ball.
    Then how do you explain your "D" giving up 77 points in the last 3 games? Two of which were home games.

We have yet to give up more than 19 points in any game.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"Rhew" wrote:
    How?

Actually Matt Birk is the strength of our line.

Hutch is a nice addition.

Rotate all you want.
    They will get their asses kicked.

WWBGD

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Rhew" wrote:
    But I really think the Vikings will not be able to translate more than 60 yards at the most in this game.
    Our run Defense is very healthy.
    We just can't over commit to the pash rush against BJ.
    If that happens, then Johnson will burn us down field.
    Exactly how did you come up with that figure?

Here's the rushing yards you've given up so far & the averages per carry.

Lions 38 (2.2)

Cardinals 146 (4.1)

Giants 106 (2.6)

Bears 143 (3.8)

Chester Taylor is averaging 3.8/carry & 22 carries per game by himself. And that is after a slow start.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast